Vin

Packers @ Cowboys

Guest Phailadelphia

Dude have you checked out in December every single year for the last half-decade?

Romo has actually been really good in December starting in 2009. The narrative on him was written prior to that though, and it's stuck. Check his TD/INT ratio, passer rating, YPA, etc. They're all through the roof in December.

AFAIK there's no info on how many run plays Romo audibled out of. He admitted the one on the first pick. Hopefully there weren't many more than that. Regardless, Garrett, Callahan, Romo, and most of all Skeletor are all dumbasses. I sincerely think each one of us could do a better job coaching/play-calling than our coaching staff.

People laughed at me a week or two ago when I claimed DeMarco Murray was a top five pure runner in the NFL. That's obviously debatable, but if you watch our games it's certainly not a laughable statement to make. The guy is a monster. It's not his fault the Cowboys are losers and decide to abandon the run game all the time. For some odd reason we choose not to unleash the beast.

The above paragraph is essentially irrelevant though since we'll never commit to the running game.

Tony Romo has thrown SEVEN interceptions in losses with the Cowboys tied or up one possession in the 4th quarter/OT. No other QB has five.

Chokes. On. His. Dick.

Period.

Hard to argue with statistics and facts like that. I'm sure that it will be argued anyway though lol.

What I don't get is why people keep saying that Romo has never had any talent around him. Dallas was a pretty damn talented team during the Wade Philips era. I mean, granted, Philips isn't the best HC, but the Cowboys could definitely have done worse. He did a great job holding that defense together.

• Upvote 2

Dallas never hurt for talent under Phillips, and really, they have plenty of talent now. But they have cultivated this culture of choking and it starts and ends with #9.

I just like how injuries and the defense are to blame. The defense isn't the same without Sean Lee, but at the same time when Romo is giving the ball away in these end of game situations, it really puts a lot of pressure on your defense. For Christ's sake...the Packers are missing Aaron Rodgers and numerous other starters...and they beat you. 52 man roster...should probably invest in depth instead of wasting money on a QB like Romo.

And...as F4E and MAV mentioned before...Murray was unloading on the Packers, but for some reason they decide to abandon the run when it really matters. It's a combination of Romo and coaching, but honestly...I am not sure how anyone can defend Romo, or the Cowboys for their poor end of game performances. They do it to themselves.

Dallas never hurt for talent under Phillips, and really, they have plenty of talent now. But they have cultivated this culture of choking and it starts and ends with #9.

I've said it before, trading Romo probably benefits both Dallas and Romo. I'm not sure he can handle the spot light of being Cowboys QB. Imagine what Houston might be willing to give up for Romo...Just a thought.

Just something to look at while we are talking about December play. The other QB's are included because they are roughly the same age (Romo is actually the oldest at 33, Cutler is 30). Romo and Cutler both have 30 starts in December and January, Cutler's TD/INT ratio is lower yet his winning percentage is slightly higher. Wins are a team stat but you also can't look at INT numbers at face value. Romo's problem isn't so much his INT numbers but when they happen. In tight spots during the game, with a lead, the number 1 priority is taking care of the ball. It seems both the coaches and Romo need to remember this.
December and January regular season starts (including yesterday's games)

...................GS....W-L....Win%.....TD Int....Ratio

P.Rivers...........37...31-6...0.838%....66-19...3.47 to 1

B.Roethlisberger...42...29-13..0.690%....60-31...1.94 to 1

E.Manning..........47...22-25..0.468%....64-53...1.21 to 1

J.Cutler...........30...14-16..0.467%....47-31...1.52 to 1

T.Romo.............30...12-18..0.400%....50-28...1.79 to 1

• Upvote 1

Bryant left the bench area with 1:21 remaining as the Green Bay Packers were running out the clock in an epic 37-36 come-from-behind victory, having rallied from a 26-3 halftime deficit.

"I was wrong," Bryant told reporters during a Monday morning visit to Cook Children's Medical Center in Fort Worth. "It didn't have anything to do with my teammates. I just ... I couldn't watch Green Bay kneel the ball down on the field after a tough loss like that.

"I was very emotional. I cried when I got into the locker room. I didn't want to show that stuff on the sideline."

ESPN

Edited by Favre4Ever

Dez can do whatever he wants, as far as I'm concerned. He could have berated Tony or the defense on the sideline and I wouldn't have cared. No excuses to lose to such a depleted GB team.

Bryant left the bench area with 1:21 remaining as the Green Bay Packers were running out the clock in an epic 37-36 come-from-behind victory, having rallied from a 26-3 halftime deficit.

"I was wrong," Bryant told reporters during a Monday morning visit to Cook Children's Medical Center in Fort Worth. "It didn't have anything to do with my teammates. I just ... I couldn't watch Green Bay kneel the ball down on the field after a tough loss like that.

"I was very emotional. I cried when I got into the locker room. I didn't want to show that stuff on the sideline."

ESPN

my nigga dez doe

lolJayrus

Like Razor said, the Pats had strong defenses in the early-mid 2000s and Green Bay's defense gave up like 15 ppg in 2010...

Edited by Bay

Guest Phailadelphia

Tony Romo has thrown SEVEN interceptions in losses with the Cowboys tied or up one possession in the 4th quarter/OT. No other QB has five.

Chokes. On. His. Dick.

Period.

He also has 11 game-winning drives since 2010, which is more than anyone else in that time span. Two sides to a coin.

"We watched (Murray) last week with the coaches and we said, 'This guy is the real deal,'" Packers defensive tackleRyan Pickett said, via the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel's Bob McGinn. "He's tough, fast and so deceptively strong. He's one of the most underrated backs.

"Oh, my God. It's the best zone scheme in the league," Pickett continued. "The last four weeks, nobody could stop it -- their zone scheme. And they gave up on it. We're just happy they did. We were, like, 'OK, we'll take it.'"

Pickett wasn't the only Green Bay player to express astonishment at Dallas' refusal to lean on Murray with a commanding lead.

"That's just who they are," cornerback Tramon Williams said. "They run the ball really well against everybody they play, but they just never stick with it."

Edited by Favre4Ever

Since 1999, home teams are 505-3 (.994) when leading by at least 23 points. The Cowboys, of course, have two of the losses. In fact, the Cowboys are the only franchise in NFL history to lose two home games where they squandered a lead of at least 23 points.

• Upvote 1

What's ridiculous is how many times Tony puts in GWD situations. Has to be more than any other QB. Does anybody know if there's a statistic, for that?