ATL_Predator

Comeback Player of the Year

Discuss mi amigos. I personally, think Jason Peters has done an amazing job coming off that nasty Achilles injury playing one of the most difficult positions in football IMO. Not saying PFF is end all be all..but he's currently 5th in their LT rankings. It's impressive seeing what he does on a weekly basis...last night against Peppers(even though Peppers is inconsistent anymore) he did a great job and really got me thinking about this topic because of Peters.

Edited by BMarsh15

Wanna throw a mention for Thomas Davis.

• Upvote 1

TD did fine last year. If he was going to get Comeback, it should have been last year, but there was this inhuman RB that got it because he is insane.

mflynn.gif

The luckiest man in existence, Matt Flynn.

It's crazy how much harder this is to call without a roided up ACL regeneration as the go-to.

• Upvote 2

TD did fine last year. If he was going to get Comeback, it should have been last year, but there was this inhuman RB that got it because he is insane.

I don't watch Panthers game every single week of course, but the games I've seen looks like he is always making an impact. Obviously the cats defense is so much better this year.

I would love it if Thomas Davis got it, the way he is playing, and considering it usually takes a full year and a full playing year to come back to prior form from knee injuries.

Now, do they have to come back from injury or can it be guys who've had a revitalization? For instance, Robert Mathis has always been good, but goddamn. Philip Rivers, too.

Add in the handful of players who have come back from devastating spring/summer injuries and have still been effective (Crabtree, Pitta).

Edited by BwareDWare94

Thomas Davis really should have gotten it last year then, because he was playing at a high level that season, but was naturally overshadowed by Adrian Peterson and Peyton to a lesser degree.

mflynn.gif

The luckiest man in existence, Matt Flynn.

He's lucky. Packers fans aren't.

Now, do they have to come back from injury or can it be guys who've had a revitalization?

You decide

Do a lot of us here think AP roids?

That reminds me: DeMarco Murray.

Revis?

HOW THE FUCK

did none of us think of that?

Foles. Went from QB battle to best passer rating.

Foles. Went from QB battle to best passer rating.

That's not a comeback, though. We thought he sucked.

Phillip Rivers ?

Darrelle Revis.

Mostly we didn't think of him because despite having 3 players who may be the best at their positions on D, the Bucs D is still super shitty.

Darrelle Revis.

Mostly we didn't think of him because despite having 3 players who may be the best at their positions on D, the Bucs D is still super shitty.

I don't know about super shitty. Our offense doesn't help them out by going 3 and out all the time. I believe we are second in the NFL in takeways. And our giveaway/takeaway ratio is +11.

More terrible than they should be.

My personal pick is Philip Rivers because people thought he had declined and was finished, but I'm thinking it has to go to Revis.

+1 Knowshon Moreno

1st bronco and one of only a handful of players to ever go for 1000/500. Considering how little we run the ball, and splitting carries at times with 2 other players, I thought it was impressive. 13 TDs as well, and never lost a fumble. Battled injuries and his own front office most of his career. Only even started this year because of how good of a blocker he is, he would've made the probowl if it was still conferenced (think he may still be an alternate).

• Upvote 1