Sign in to follow this  
BucD

The Redskins & Jay Gruden Are Finalizing A Deal...

...to make him the next HC via...

@JeffDarlington: I'm told Jay Gruden & Redskins are currently working out the final details to make him team's new head coach.

@RapSheet: If Jay Gruden finalizes a deal with the Redskins, a strong possibility is making Raheem Morris the DC. Kept on staff for a reason.

@AlbertBreer: If Gruden does finalize a deal with the Redskins, I'm told there's a good chance Hue Jackson replaces him as Bengals offensive coordinator.

EDIT:

Jay Gruden has informed the Bengals that he has in fact been hired by the Redskins

Redskins will introduce Jay Gruden as their HC this afternoon, per sources.

Jim Haslett will remain the Redskins D coordinator in Washington, according to sources on Jay Gruden's new staff

With Jay Gruden in place, Hue Jackson will likely remain in Cincinnati as offensive coordinator. Won't go to Redskins, I'm told.

Edited by BucD

Jay Gruden just made a career suicide move joining the dysfunctional Redskins. Dan Snyder would be damn near at the bottom of the list of owners I'd personally want to coach for, but I'm sure he offered Gruden a ridiculous amount of money that he just couldn't refuse.

Hue Jackson is making the smart move by staying in Cincinnati.

Jay Gruden just made a career suicide move joining the dysfunctional Redskins. Dan Snyder would be damn near at the bottom of the list of owners I'd personally want to coach for, but I'm sure he offered Gruden a ridiculous amount of money that he just couldn't refuse.

Hue Jackson is making the smart move by staying in Cincinnati.

Add in the fact that your GM is Bruce Allen :puke: and that he has absolute power :puke: x2

Edited by BucD
  • Upvote 1

It'd be amazing if Jay somehow takes Jon with him. It'd be like the Shanahanigans all over again.

:rofl:

You can have this dipshit, Washington!

Per Redskins standards....I give him one year. Really weak coaching pool this year for me.

I did like some his play calls in the Chargers Bengals game, so maybe he can reboot that Washington offense. RG3 is out of excuses after this offseason as he should be 100% healthy. I'd expect Gruden to get a lot out of him.

Wrong Bengals coordinator... imo.

Not in your opinion, in reality.

Mike Zimmer >!!!!! Jay Gruden

If RG3 butted heads with Shanahan when shit went awry, what do you think is going to happen with a Gruden? :laugh:

I saw this as a fit from the beginning because of Bruce Allen. They have ties from when Allen was the GM in Tampa and I figured they would go for an offensive/QB kind of mind.

I would like to thank the Washington Redskins organization for taking our OC off our hands.

First we screw the Raiders. Now we screw the Redskins.

If Zimmer stays, the Bengals are no longer one-and-done. They will be a threat to win it all, especially with Hue's run-first/run-most-of-the-time offense, limiting Dalton's passes. Dalton is a game manager and I can accept that. But Gruden was trying to make something out of Dalton that he is not.

Is it just me, or does he kinda look like Will Muschamp?

This is great news for the rest of the NFC East, imo.

Can't believe he kept any coach on that staff. Should've started over. I know his OC won't be calling the plays, but he is a 27 year old guy being put into that role, can't imagine anyone really respecting him.

R.I.P. RG3.

New coach Jay Gruden said he will take advantage of Robert Griffin III's skills as a runner.

Back in the 2011 draft, Gruden pushed for the Bengals to pass on Colin Kaepernick in favor of Andy Dalton because he wasn't "into the read-option stuff." He's since
changed his tune. "I would be foolish to try to turn RG3 into a pocket passer. It would be foolish," Gruden said. "The way he is as a runner, we have to take advantage of that. He strikes fear into defensive coordinators when he runs outside. I'm going to let him be himself." By the time Week 1 rolls around, Griffin will be roughly 21 months removed from his ACL surgery. He projects to record far more than the 37.6 rushing yards and zero rushing touchdowns he produced in 2013.
Source: SI.com

Gruden is looking more and more like an idiot every day.

RG3 isn't accurate enough to be a pocket passer. I'd rather him have a great 5 year career than a mediocre 12 year career. He has to run, he is pretty bad when he doesn't.

kOeuycB.png

Jay Gruden telepathically communicating with RGIII.

When I first saw this, I thought he was looking at her tits on a TV in front of him. Am I the only one?

...I have yet to see anything to make me believe he won't make a solid HC. I don't like that he kept Haslett on staff, though. Our defense and special teams were the reasons we went 3-13. Even with an 80% healthy RG3, our offense finished #6 in the league. RG3 not being healthy had nothing to do with our record.

IDK. I dont mind the move for the Redskins. I guess we will find out if Gruden made Dalton a decent quarterback, or if Dalton is a solid QB and Gruden's offense made him look worse than he really was. Personally I think it's more of the former than the latter, however some of the play calling was headscratching.

Having become a Redskins fan this past year, I dont know if he and McVay can be worse for Griffin than The Shanahans, especially some of Kyle's questionable play calling. I think Gruden's biggest obstacle to overcome will be no first round picks in either of the next two years, or the fact that an already bad defense is supposed to lose a lot of its better players. Orakpo, Jackson, Riley, and Fletcher are all Free Agents/Retiring. DHall is a FA as is Meriweather and Doughty. The line was awful, so that would have been something to fix anyways. It's just that a team with a bunch of holes already is going to have more.

On the bright side he has the full cap space to play with whereas Shanahan didnt. All that being said, I think they would have been better off with a defensive minded coach because of the lack of defensive production and players.