Favre4Ever

Super Bowl XLVIII - The Game of Thrones

22 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win SBXLVIII

• Seattle Seahawks
    • Denver Broncos

The Super Bowl matchup is set in stone.

Peyton Manning and his Denver Broncos will meet Pete Carroll's Seahawks for the right to be called World Champions.

Who Wins? Who Loses? Why? Who are you rooting for / against, why?

Bring on dat Super Bowl Hype. TURN UP!

Edited by Favre4Ever

Peyton Manning. Unfortunately it's with the Broncos.

Denver fans should be happy because I'm picking Seattle (obviously I have been very wrong so far lol). I think they match up well with the Broncos. I think they're the only team in the league with the depth in the secondary to contend with all Peyton's weapons and they're physical. They have a run defense capable of shutting down Moreno too. The Broncos defensively are also much different without Von Miller and as great a pass rusher as Von is his absence is felt mostly against the run. Enter Marshawn Lynch and Russell Wilson. If the Broncos win I think Peyton has to have another great game like he did against NE (who was beat up but it didn't stop them from destroying Indy) to win.

Edited by seanbrock

Rooting for the Broncos. Seahawks fan base is absolute trash and don't deserve a Super Bowl win.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Fuck the Super Bowl. Don't even care lol. Just skip to free agency period and then the draft. Thanks.

Free agency and the draft are going to be so brutal or the Packers this offseason, I am actually nervous of getting to those periods. Ugh. Lol.

How about that pro bowl, hype? :D

broncos so peyton manning can win, retire, and the broncos go back to sucking

everybody wins

• Upvote 1

Rooting for Seattle obviously. I think they match up really well with Denver too. Sherman and those other corners they have, plus Earl Thomas running around and Chancellor laying people out. Their pass rush looks really strong too. So I think they have a great chance to pull off the upset. Just keep your eyes on the ball and Peyton WILL give you opportunities to pick him off.

I want this win so bad.

The best teams in the league made it to the Super Bowl, which is cool. I'm actively rooting for Denver. Want to see Seattle lose because of guys like Sherman, and I want to see TGP melt down after watching Peyton win another ring.

It's cool to hate Peyton on TGP. Even one of our Broncos fans wouldn't be too upset if his team lost cause it'd just be another knock on Peyton lol. Epic meltdown when Manning wins his second ring.

Best defense vs Best offense. Two #1 seeds. This game has everything it needs to be a marquee matchup. DT vs Sherman is going to be an awesome battle. I'm rooting for Denver. Normally I agree that defense wins championships, but if Peyton plays the way he's been playing all season they'll win the game. Not to mention Denver's defense has also played really well.

BC and Jayrus crying is always a good reason to root for the Hawks to lose, too.

• Upvote 2

Per Schefter, this is the first Super Bowl with the #1 offense vs. #1 defense since 1990.

TBH I really could care less who wins the superbowl. The only player I really like and follow much on either team is Knowshon Moreno. Glad to see he had a strong year for the Broncos. Will I watch the game? Yeah probably at least some of it although I seriously doubt I watch the whole game.

It's the super bowl. Your butt will be firmly planted on your seat unless you're running to the bathroom.

It's the super bowl. Your butt will be firmly planted on your seat unless you're running to the bathroom.

I'll be drinking a lot.

House Baratheon will always prevail.

Wait, the Super Bowl? Oh. Yeah. Broncos win probably,

But I am also getting tired of hearing the ever abundant cliches about the Seahawks. Russell Wilson's work ethic as if he's the only one with it, "12 man this" "12th man that", "The Seahawks play the game the right way, blah blah blah".

Pretty much my thoughts.

The best teams in the league made it to the Super Bowl, which is cool. I'm actively rooting for Denver. Want to see Seattle lose because of guys like Sherman, and I want to see TGP melt down after watching Peyton win another ring.

For as many people that fairly and for factual reasons, dislike Peyton Manning -- there are just as many who hate Seattle. It isn't like those who hate Peyton are looking towards Seattles to swoop in and save the day. We have the ultimate lose-lose situation here for SB XLVIIII

Shermans mouth if they win... can not happen

I've got to go with the Broncos in this (shocking, I know). Were this game in Seattle I would take the Seahawks, because that place is some magical source of power for the Seahawks, but since it's not, any sort of crowd advantage is going to be lost.

I also don't think they've played an offense quite like the Broncos thus far this season. Sure they've played Brees twice, but it was on the road and Brees sucks on the road, etc., and the Saints aren't quite two-dimensional. They've also played the 49ers, who're great on D and have a good run game, but their passing offense is far too inconsistent as we saw last night.

I do have a feeling though, that Denver's D is going to be an issue, even though it necessarily shouldn't. As was the case with the 49ers, the Seahawks are far too inconsistent on O, but they get bailed out by getting big plays from Lynch and Wilson. Flukey things are flukey, and I think enough of those are going to happen to keep them in the game. Because what is a Super Bowl without game changing flukey plays?

Now maybe I'm wrong and Seattle's D does pose to much of a challenge for Peyton and Co., but right now I just don't see it. We're not in Seattle anymore.

:Broncos: - 38

:Seahawks: - 34

Edited by Vin

Now maybe I'm wrong and Seattle's D does pose to much of a challenge for Peyton and Co., but right now I just don't see it. We're not in Seattle anymore.

There were 5 teams that led the NFL with a 6-2 record. Denver and Seattle were two of those teams.

Pretty sure the D will travel well. I like the matchup actually, mainly because Seattle contests receivers at a high level. Peyton avoids pressure mostly by getting the ball out quickly against poorly covered receivers. If Seattle can bump their receivers and make him hold onto the ball a bit longer, they should be able to put pressure from multiple positions and force him off his spot.

It's still Peyton. But when you make him have to move around, those are the teams that make him appear human. Seattle excels at making QBs have the worst games in recent memory. They will have to come up with their best effort of the season. Peyton isn't Brees at the Clink.

It'll be a great matchup.

I am rooting for the 'Hawks, as they haven't won a SB before. People who let some members of a fanbase turn you off to the whole team is just being silly. There are as many stupid Broncos fans as there are Hawks fans.

However.

I can't see it. Richard Sherman will take away one person on every play, but Earl Thomas has got to play better. He got burned really bad twice in the NFCCG, once for a TD that he really should have picked off.

Denver has too many weapons, their defense is starting to play in the playoffs, and this really looks like the 2006 Colts squad, albeit going up against a stronger QB on the other side than RG3, (Rex Grossman).

One other thing. As much as some people might not like to hear it, this game is going to be a lot about how it is called. Are the refs going to let Seattle play really physical with Denver's wide receivers? If so, is Denver going to play physical against Seattle's less-than-stellar WR corps? How physical are they going to let these teams play?

Prediction: Close game, but Denver never loses the lead and eventually pulls away in the 4th quarter.

:Seahawks: 17

:Broncos: 30

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

One thing people aren't really talking about is Seattle's, at best, lukewarm offense. Everyone wants to talk about the matchup with Peyton Manning and that is to be expected... But, honestly, i think the Hawks have to worry more about scoring points. We will see how it all goes down, though, I suppose.