• Denver Broncos

The Super Bowl in a nutshell:

linecollapse.gif

• Upvote 2

:towel: :towel: :towel:

I SERIOUSLY DROVE AND RAN ALL OVER TOWN FOR 6 HOURS, BEST NIGHT EVER

Edited by BC

BC I am disappoint.

I was expecting something along the lines of Ngata's epic post when they fired Cam Cameron.

That's all you got?

:nope:

Edited by BC

I'd respect a player a ton for giving me a Super Bowl ring, too.

I guess defense does still win championships, after all.

This Seattle defense has to join the '00 Ravens, '03 Bucs, and '08 Steelers as the best defenses of the 21st century so far, no?

Also, we could say a million things about this game, but I find it most striking that Seattle was able to win the Super Bowl, and they didn't get significant contributions from Wilson, Lynch, Sherman, or Thomas, arguably their four best players.

Edited by SteVo

I guess defense does still win championships, after all.

This Seattle defense has to join the '00 Ravens, '03 Bucs, and '08 Steelers as the best defenses of the 21st century so far, no?

Also, we could say a million things about this game, but I find it most striking that Seattle was able to win the Super Bowl, and they didn't get significant contributions from Wilson, Lynch, Sherman, or Thomas, arguably their four best players.

Definitely. It's pulling hairs in that club, but they're in it for sure.

Their offense really didn't do much until our defense got fucking tired of waiting for Manning to do anything and started phoning it in. We were able to stuff the run like I said we would. Defense played pretty good imo... just a shame they were paired with an offense with zero grit, zero resolve, and zero toughness. It was the exact same story that played out in our other 3 losses, it was just way fucking worse because the Seahawks' D is ridiculous. It all starts with the shook 20 million dollar man and his 20+ 2 yard pass plays, but I wouldn't care if someone put a bullet in John Fox after some of the shit he pulled. Challenging for no reason, going for it on 4th instead of getting points before the 1/2, bunt kicking to Percy cus you think he's gonna fair catch it, in an effing Super Bowl.

Glad we made it there. Feels about as hollow as it possibly could. Like what I imagine being left at the altar feels like.

Well you were able to stuff the run because the Hawks didn't really need it. Lynch normally gets going in the 3rd and 4th quarters and it was 29-0 30 seconds into the second half.

Well you were able to stuff the run because the Hawks didn't really need it. Lynch normally gets going in the 3rd and 4th quarters and it was 29-0 30 seconds into the second half.

Well, you're gonna think whatever you're gonna think. Teams typically run the ball when they get the lead. Unless they're averaging <3 YPC. I'm not about to argue with you though.

Err. What I'm saying is Lynch was hardly even playing in the 3rd and 4th. They put in Robert Turbin.

"It's not embarrassing at all. I would never use that word,'' Manning said after the game. "The word 'embarrassing' is an insulting word, to tell you the truth."

If the game wasn't embarrassing, surely being mentioned in the same sentence as Rex Grossman is.

Manning's total quarterback rating of 24.4 was his lowest of the season and the worst in a Super Bowl since Rex Grossman's 7.1 in 2006.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Err. What I'm saying is Lynch was hardly even playing in the 3rd and 4th. They put in Robert Turbin.

I was wondering if he was hurt or something because he was pretty much taken out for the entire 2nd half but maybe they were just trying to save him because he had 400 carries on the season.

"It's not embarrassing at all. I would never use that word,'' Manning said after the game. "The word 'embarrassing' is an insulting word, to tell you the truth."

If the game wasn't embarrassing, surely being mentioned in the same sentence as Rex Grossman is.

Manning's total quarterback rating of 24.4 was his lowest of the season and the worst in a Super Bowl since Rex Grossman's 7.1 in 2006.

And INCREDIBLY IRONIC.lol

I was thinking about giving Peyton a pass for this one because Seattle's defense was just so damn good, but Kurt Warner looked like a God against what was imo, a better defense. Yeah he lost, but it wasn't by much at all and it took a nothing short of heroic drive by Roethlisberger for the Steelers to win it. I think the truly elite, hall of fame QB's. I can see why zack of steel would rank Warner ahead of Peyton personally :shrug: I don't think people saying you're a top 15 QB all time is a dis either tbh.

CBS Denver reports Demaryius Thomas played through a separated left shoulder in the Super Bowl.

According to reporter Vic Lombardi, Thomas suffered the injury in the first quarter. Thomas took a thundering hit from should-have-been SB MVP Kam Chancellor on his first catch of the game. If true, it adds some gravitas to Thomas' otherwise-empty Super Bowl record of 13 catches. The fact that Thomas played through the apparent injury speaks to the fact that it should have little effect on his preparation for 2014.

Meant to post this earlier:

Congratulations to the Seattle Seahawks on winning their 1st ever NFL title. Also congrats to Malcolm Smith on getting the MVP award.

I was especially impressed by the defense in the game. It isn't often you see a dominant effort like that in a Super Bowl.