RANGA

Stay Classy Seattle

There's a handful of really outgoing stupid people in every fanbase. All I know is we're going to the superbowl and you aren't.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 11

That Seattle fan should be banned from NFL games for life.

12th man getting banned from games would be pretty sweet.

• Upvote 1

Ok come on Ranga. There are stabbings and fights from Niner fans outside the stadium alot. They provoke and attack other fans too but u dont wanna mention that? Every fanbase has its fuckheads and its good fans I understand u bitter because u lost to a rival. But San fran is far from classy themselves.. I agree its wrong for those stupid select of Seattle fans throwing food at him. That shits wrong but u pointing a finger at one team when its your team/ fanbase and every other fanbase that does it too.

Btw I loves Shermans post game speech lol. Crabtree has said personal shit before. Hes a known shittalker himself. Sherman may be loud but he backs it up all day everyday. Cant hate that. Those who talk and suck (Deangelo Hall ) look stupid. Im cool with Sherman idk why people hate on em for it..

• Upvote 2

Sherman can say whatever he wants but so can I. He's a dumb motherfucker for calling Crab a sorry or medicore WR.

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

ITT: People get upset about things that happen at every NFL game.

Just gonna throw this out there.... but if Peyton Manning acted the same way that Richard Sherman does, would the response against him change? Would it be the same or more severe? I know people on TGP would never shut up about Peyton if he did the exact same thing Sherman did. The forum would probably shut down, in all honesty. lol. Just something to think about.

• Upvote 1

Does anyone else see the irony in that a thread demonizing—and trash talking about—Richard Sherman and, really, all of Seattle for talking trash is posted in the trash talk forum?

You know all too well about boring sports, Phail.

What Sherman did really didn't bother me that much. Way over the top, but that's him. What the fans did was completely reprehensible. I wouldn't be upset if those people were swept out to sea.

Just gonna throw this out there.... but if Peyton Manning acted the same way that Richard Sherman does, would the response against him change? Would it be the same or more severe? I know people on TGP would never shut up about Peyton if he did the exact same thing Sherman did. The forum would probably shut down, in all honesty. lol. Just something to think about.

LOL, it would just be hilarious and ridiculous if Manning did it. I kinda need to see that now though.

You prob wont believe me but sherm doing the choke thing didnt bother me. Was he wrong? About Crabtree though, fuck that noise

Guest Phailadelphia

You know all too well about boring sports, Phail.

Hah.

Maybe "civil" would have been a better descriptor than boring. It's bizarre that we want to see guys go out there and literally almost kill each other, but then get upset when they attack each other verbally too.

Edit: Looks like Richard Sherman and Michael Crabtree were both wired for sound during the NFCCG. So everyone can confirm or affirm their hatred/love for either play Wednesday at 9PM EST on Showtime.

Edited by Phailadelphia
  • Upvote 2

I think the disconnect is doing it on the field and doing it off, after the game is over. Those guys talk trash to each other all game long... The games over, though. Leave it on the field unless there was some inexcusable thing Crabtree said that crossed the line.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

Sherman also noted in the editorial he wrote for MMQB this morning that Crabtree disrespected him in some way going back to last summer but didn't delve into the particulars of it. Would be interested in hearing about that, too.

Sounds like a growing and fruitful rivalry we have here... :devious:

I think the disconnect is doing it on the field and doing it off, after the game is over. Those guys talk trash to each other all game long... The games over, though. Leave it on the field unless there was some inexcusable thing Crabtree said that crossed the line.

but he was still on the field, and the game had been over for about 30 seconds, he was still only a minute or two removed from the play, how quickly do you actually expect a player to cool down enough to give a measured response?

and isn't this what the post-game interviews are for? 99% of the time they're just filled with a string of boring cliches that nobody wants to hear, but they do them because every once in a while they catch someone still in the emotion of the game that just ended who gives a candid response that gets the media going

• Upvote 1

Erin Andrews got to him literally seconds after he made the play that sent his team to the Superbowl.

She knew, and so did the media, exactly who Sherman was, and what he was likely to say in the heat of the moment. Frankly, I was surprised he didn't say worse.

Today, he apologized for his words because it took the focus off his team, as I'd expect him to realize after thinking about it. In the heat of the moment, after Crab and him had gone back and forth all game long, I wouldn't expect much different. Would have expected some shot from Crabs or Boldin had they caught the TD over Sherman's head.

Oh and fyi, I think its completely hypocritical of Niners fans to say jack shit after what Kraepernick pulled in our stadium. So glad to see him get knocked on his ass.

The act by the Hawks fans of throwing popcorn on Bowman was completely classless and they should be banned from going to the Superbowl, at least. (Also why the heck isn't that play reviewable?)

Oh and here's Sherman's version, for what its worth- whole article is here, written by him, and its pretty good: http://mmqb.si.com/2014/01/20/richard-sherman-interview-michael-crabtree/:

I ran over to Crabtree to shake his hand but he ignored me. I patted him, stuck out my hand and said, “Good game, good game.” That’s when he shoved my face, and that’s when I went off.
I threw a choking sign at 49ers quarterback Colin Kaepernick. Why? Because he decided he was going to try the guy he was avoiding all game, because, I don’t know, he’s probably not paying attention for the game-winning play. C’mon, you’re better than that.
But that’s not why I don’t like the man. It goes back to something he said to me this offseason in Arizona, but you’d have to ask him about that. A lot of what I said to Andrews was adrenaline talking, and some of that was Crabtree. I just don’t like him.
Erin Andrews interviewed me after the game and I yelled what was obvious: If you put a subpar player across from a great one, most of the time you’re going to get one result. As far as Crabtree being a top-20 NFL receiver, you’d have a hard time making that argument to me. There are a lot of receivers playing good ball out there, and Josh Gordon needed 14 games to produce almost double what Crabtree can do in a full season. And Gordon had Brandon Weeden, Brian Hoyer and Jason Campbell playing quarterback....It was loud, it was in the moment, and it was just a small part of the person I am.
Edited by Thanatos19