RANGA

Stay Classy Seattle

Apparently. Both of them were mic'd for the entire game. I can't wait to see what Crabtree said to Sherman, because he set Sherman off immensely..and it obviously wasn't because of his play either.

And for people who think Sherman is classless:

Told that Bowman had suffered a torn ACL, Sherman shook his head repeatedly and groaned, "Aaaaaaaaaah nooooooo. No, man, no, no. Damn! He's such a great player. He's come into his own, and I hope he recovers and comes all the way back. He has to."

At the end of the day, what you do on the field is what matters. Period. The talking isn't really killing the rest of the whole organization who are all the most humble bunch. Less Golden Tate :shrug:

Apparently. Both of them were mic'd for the entire game. I can't wait to see what Crabtree said to Sherman, because he set Sherman off immensely..and it obviously wasn't because of his play either.

When it drops let me know

Oh, absolutely get that it was right after the play. Still can't really say I like hearing what he has to say. I am a firm believer that some stuff really deserves to stay between players and on the field. And no, smart-ass remarks like Oochy mentioned do not count as a valid loophole... lol. I realize the cool, hipster thing is to know everything about a player, but I think we are really bordering on too much exposure. Players need a space that isn't invaded by media and fans. Shrerman crossed that threshold, and I think he would do it much differently if given the opportunity. Going to the SB, is obviously a great reason to be excited. Emotions got the better of him this time, as they usually do.

If he didn't cross the line, why did he issue an apology? Outside pressure? Again, if it's not a problem, I don't know why there would be pressure to apologize. to begin with.

And if he is of the mind that that was okay... Why not tell us everything? Why not tell us what Crabtree said that he took such an exception to? Why keep that back if there shouldn't be those boundaries?

He got emotional (rightfully so) and had a lapse in judgment. I am not crucifying him for it, but it also doesn't mean I have to like it.

Sherman really does want to bring positive vibes. That's why he apologized. Everything he's said has been to support his team and his play, intention-wise anyways. He just wants to be an ambassador to so many things so bad. He wants to talk, and he wants you to not like him. That's his game that he plays which is fine if he's open to scrutiny, which is what gets him going to then go and do what he does.

If the interview had happened two hours after the game was over, there's no way he would say "sorry receiver" and disrespectful things like that because when he did it was clearly emotional, adrenaline, and endorphins working behind a really chippy rivalry between two teams that dislike each other greatly and want the other to lose as much as they want themselves to win.

It's really just the situation he's in, the league, the swagger of the whole team all building up for a very young professional athlete who wants to win and get HIS TEAM, not HIM, in the spotlight.

Popcorn on Bowman as he left was classless. Period.

It's odd, because we were tailgating out in the north lot for HOURS with niners fans filtering through steadily. We had no issues there at all. Lots of bragging and taunting. But not anything at the level of that.

Were we annoyed when a huge contingent marched down Occidental avenue banging drums on a march to the Clink? Sure. But the fans we prefunc with all understand: It's a real rivalry. And if they didn't show up in force like that, it would diminish that. At it's core, a good rivalry requires a decent amount of rubbing the other fans' nose in it.

The weirdest thing, is that the several rows behind the Niners bench were bathed in Red. The cart made it's way along the niner contingent until the tunnel. So I'd have to assume it was just the random A hole that pulled that stunt just as he was leaving. It's not like popcorn has good aerodynamic qualities. Those are pretty much short range projectiles.

And no, smart-ass remarks like Oochy mentioned do not count as a valid loophole... lol.

what was my smart-ass remark?

The bottom line of this whole discussion is that Richard Sherman is a phenomenal football player and we are lucky to be watching football so closely while he's a huge part of it.

So he talks a little trash? Who gives a shit? He tells WRs when they're terrible or sub par. He's not saying derogatory shit like they used to when mics weren't everywhere. I don't think I've ever heard him say nigger (or the 'hawks defense in mic'd up sessions, for that matter) and perhaps that speaks to a higher level of character than the dancing around does. Believe me, I found it pointless when he was mic'd up and picking on Joe Webb (a #6 WR), but he wasn't personally attacking him. He was talking smack, like many great players do.

They have fun after almost every play, and when the opponent more often that not doesn't even approach 20 points after 60 minutes of highly contested, top-of-the-line football is played, who cares? This is one of the best defenses we've seen in our lifetimes, and they're fun as hell to watch, even with the annoying celebrations.

Sherman and other Seahawks players have already attacked the fans who threw popcorn at Bowman, and while we're on that topic, perhaps we should shift our focus completely away from Seahawk players and concentrate on the real problem here--a large contingent of Seahawk fans.

Stop being assholes (this is not aimed at the guys at this site; it's just how I feel about the 'Hawks bandwagon in general). No matter how loud your stadium is, no matter how much analysts and newspapers talk about you, you are NOT a part of this Seahawks team, no more than other fans are part of their respective teams. Stop talking so horribly about other franchises, and stop being obnoxious just because your team is good. You're just people in the stands. The men in pads are doing the work, and are actually accomplishing something.

• Upvote 1

Oh, absolutely get that it was right after the play. Still can't really say I like hearing what he has to say. I am a firm believer that some stuff really deserves to stay between players and on the field. And no, smart-ass remarks like Oochy mentioned do not count as a valid loophole... lol. I realize the cool, hipster thing is to know everything about a player, but I think we are really bordering on too much exposure. Players need a space that isn't invaded by media and fans. Shrerman crossed that threshold, and I think he would do it much differently if given the opportunity. Going to the SB, is obviously a great reason to be excited. Emotions got the better of him this time, as they usually do.

If he didn't cross the line, why did he issue an apology? Outside pressure? Again, if it's not a problem, I don't know why there would be pressure to apologize. to begin with.

And if he is of the mind that that was okay... Why not tell us everything? Why not tell us what Crabtree said that he took such an exception to? Why keep that back if there shouldn't be those boundaries?

He got emotional (rightfully so) and had a lapse in judgment. I am not crucifying him for it, but it also doesn't mean I have to like it.

He didn't apologize for anything he said. He took back nothing of what he said about Crabtree. He apologized because his coach talked to him and told him his comments made it seem like it was about him, and not about the whole defense.

He explains it a bit in that article- "When I say I am the best CB in the league, its with a caveat... no CB can be good without a great front seven."

No, but he did apologize for how he said it. He said he would have worded and reacted differently than the way he did.

Although why skip over the rest of my post? I would actually like to hear from people who are advocates of the around the clock access to athletes that we are slowly moving towards.

And no, smart-ass remarks like Oochy mentioned do not count as a valid loophole... lol.

It was okay to say the things he did because he was still "on the field"... Ya, he was... physically on the field, but that wasn't the point and you know it. lol.

On the field, during a game, talking to opponents =/= "on the field", after the game, talking to reporters

Not going to even try to defend what the 12s did to Bowman. I don't even like fans booing injured players. throwing shit at them? Oh hell no. Dude was playing his ass off for our enjoyment and got badly hurt. He deserves our our gratitude and prayers not brainless hate just because he wears a rival's jersey. Never been more disappointed in our fans than in that moment. Disgusting.

As for Sherman. He's a troll. I would have thought people have figured that out by now. He loves to talk and get people talking back. He never seems to be hateful about it though which I suppose is why it never bothers me when he does stupid shit. If you don't like him, then as the saying goes "Don't feed the troll".

• Upvote 2

It was okay to say the things he did because he was still "on the field"... Ya, he was... physically on the field, but that wasn't the point and you know it. lol.

On the field, during a game, talking to opponents =/= "on the field", after the game, talking to reporters

okay, I can see how it would be read as a smart ass comment, but I was actually pointing out his physical presence on the field as an indicator of how quickly there was a mic in his face, I understand the reference of "on the field" to refer to playing and honestly wasn't trying to be a smart ass about it, perhaps I could have been clearer but I usually don't put that much thought into my posts :p

as for your oversaturation comment, I totally agree that players generally get too much attention, I'm not sure why anyone wants as much access to players as we have and I don't understand why players put up with it (aside from the occasional glance at their bank accounts, of course) but I'm not sure it really applies to post game interviews where you get instant reactions from players, the thrill of victory and agony of defeat, that's the sort of access I think should be available from athletes and that's really all that we're dealing with in Sherman's comments Sunday, it's part of the entertainment that is the NFL

Does anyone else see the irony in that a thread demonizing—and trash talking about—Richard Sherman and, really, all of Seattle for talking trash is posted in the trash talk forum?

It's because pissant 49er fans like Bay can't handle losing to the Hawks in their 3rd straight NCFCG and Sherman tooting his shit

Lol. Sorry ben but I can handle it. Saw my team lose a god damn super bowl. Something you could be doing (again)

And Sherman is proved to be correct. All he said was, "Hell of a game, man, hell of a game," and stuck out his hand for a handshake. And then Crabtree shoved him in the face, which set him off.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000316756/article/sherman-crabtree-miced-during-nfc-championship

Sherman can say whatever he wants but so can I. He's a dumb motherfucker for calling Crab a sorry or medicore WR.

Care to revise this now that the truth is out?

I think the most truly disgusting thing of this whole situation is the blatant racism that was displayed all over social networks, and is displayed if you get a big enough group of white people to talk about the NFC Championship game. Some of the shit I've heard people say just because he called Crabtree out is truly disgusting.

Can we be honest for ten seconds? Michael Crabtree is rather mediocre. Especially considering his draft stock. Especially considering the fact that he was supposed to be (and honestly should be) a star WR. He's not. He's dependable, but very very mediocre, imo.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Sherman can say whatever he wants but so can I. He's a dumb motherfucker for calling Crab a sorry or medicore WR.

Well if that's the case then Crab is a sore ass loser still he is NOT a sorry/mediocre receiver :nope:

Edited by Bay

And Sherman is proved to be correct. All he said was, "Hell of a game, man, hell of a game," and stuck out his hand for a handshake. And then Crabtree shoved him in the face, which set him off.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000316756/article/sherman-crabtree-miced-during-nfc-championship

There was something else though. Sherman that Crab said something about him and wouldn't elaborate either earlier in the year or last year. This has been boiling over for a while now. Also, in that situation... "All he said was 'hell of a game'".. but was Sherman really extending his gratitude and offering congratulations on a game well played? Or did was he trying to be a smart ass and get rub it in?

Not saying definitively either way, but...

Edited by Favre4Ever

Well if that's the case then Crab is a sore ass loser still he is NOT a sorry/mediocre receiver :nope:

You and me are in agreeance that Sherman went a little too far, and he says he regrets personal attacks taking away from the awesome games that Kam Chancellor, Marshawn Lynch, and the rest of the whole gang had. Sure you're going to be an ass about a player who shoves you in the face after you say hell of a game. Sherman was acknowledging Crab was doing a fantastic job getting open up until this point.

There was something else though. Sherman that Crab said something about him and wouldn't elaborate either earlier in the year or last year. This has been boiling over for a while now. Also, in that situation... "All he said was 'hell of a game'".. but was Sherman really extending his gratitude and offering congratulations on a game well played? Or did was he trying to be a smart ass and get rub it in?

Sure he's being a smart-ass, but if you're going to call out Sherman for his after-the-game interview as being unacceptable because the game is over, you can't let Crabtree shove Sherman in the face simply for being a smart-ass.

Also, did anyone else find it odd that Harbaugh used both his remaining timeouts, but didn't rush the QB? Why bother using the TOs if you aren't going to try to get the ball?

Sure he's being a smart-ass, but if you're going to call out Sherman for his after-the-game interview as being unacceptable because the game is over, you can't let Crabtree shove Sherman in the face simply for being a smart-ass.

Also, did anyone else find it odd that Harbaugh used both his remaining timeouts, but didn't rush the QB? Why bother using the TOs if you aren't going to try to get the ball?

I think he called the timeouts just to piss Seattle off one last time. Delay the inevitable celebrations twice.

I think he called the timeouts just to piss Seattle off one last time. Delay the inevitable celebrations twice.

or maybe it was because Seattle had trouble with bobbled snaps multiple times earlier in the game and they might just slip up if you make them go through the motions three times

Absolutely, it doesn't forgive or allow for the bad sportsmanship of Crabtree there... But once again, it all goes back to being instigated by Richard Sherman. lmao. Not saying it was your intention, but you made it seem like Sherman was just being a nice guy and got shoved by Crabtree for no reason. lol

Sherman was trying to be a douche, trying to incite a reaction... And he did. Congratulations.

Edited by Favre4Ever

or maybe it was because Seattle had trouble with bobbled snaps multiple times earlier in the game and they might just slip up if you make them go through the motions three times

I guess I didn't fully read the prior post, I think this is a form of compromise between competitiveness and not wanting to get anyone hurt, make them go through the motions three times in case they mess it up, I'm sure he told the DTs that if they saw the ball hit the ground to go after it, but I don't know that a big rush would make the Seahawks any more likely to screw up the snap