BLUE

2014 TGP Fantasy Baseball

Yahoo has opened up their fantasy baseball league signups. The draft is scheduled for Saturday, March 15th at 9 PM EST.

As most of you regs know, it's a H2H league on Yahoo, based on these roster positions and categories:

Roster Positions: C, 1B, 2B, 3B, SS, OF, OF, OF, Util, Util, Util, SP, SP, SP, RP, RP, RP, P, P, P, BN, BN, BN, BN, DL, DL

Batters Stat Categories: Runs ®, Hits (H), Doubles (2B), Home Runs (HR), Runs Batted In (RBI), Stolen Bases (SB), Batting Average (AVG)

The draft is scheduled for Saturday, March 29th at 9 PM EST.

Pitchers Stat Categories: Wins (W), Saves (SV), Hits (H), Strikeouts (K), Holds (HLD), Earned Run Average (ERA), (Walks + Hits)/ Innings Pitched (WHIP)

I'm aiming for 10 or 12 active owners, hopefully.

Sarge won last year.

I just need you to post or PM me your email. :yep:

Edited by BLUE

I think if I have done a yahoo fantasy baseball league it has been 5 years or more....but I am game.

olsouthi@gmail.com

I'm in, but I need to have someone co-GM with me. By the middle of July, I doubt I'll have nearly enough time to run the team the way I want to. I guess I'm looking either for someone that really already knows what they are ding with this stuff, or someone that wants to learn.

In. thomas.chitester@gmail.com. I will not quit again. I will also not assemble the fantasy Astros again.

nintendo_boys@yahoo.com. god this account is like a decade old now lolz

Invites sent to southgadawg, Sarge, Trident, Bay, Vin and F4E. ATL, I need you to post or PM me your email, bro.

Also, the draft is set for Saturday, March 15th at 9 PM EST. I've updated my OP to include the draft date and time. :yep:

ROFL I definitely am NOT a fan of the tool to edit your draft rankings for Yahoo it definitely isn't as versatile or user friendly as the ESPN ones. But I have it more set for my preferences now. Can't wait to see what the team looks like after the draft. BTW I may have missed it but was this a daily line-up league? or a weekly line-up league?

Officially joined. Thanks for the invite. I will have to think up of a great team name to steal from someone with a more creative mind than me in the coming days.

I feel the same.

Went with BlitzCraig. Also considered "Wacha Talkin' Bout Willis"

Which is better? :think:

The first one. Ranga had Watchu' talkin' about Willis as a fantasy football team name last season.

The first one. Ranga had Watchu' talkin' about Willis as a fantasy football team name last season.

Different players are being punned on, Vin. those are clearly two different names.

One syllable is different...

The Price is Wong.

One syllable is different...

The Price is Wong.

Patrick Willis looks nothing like Michael Wacha -- regardless of syllables. :p

Also, I made the "Wong" => Wrong connection while I was brainstorming last night but am embarrassed to say I did not come up with that. It's such an obvious choice... Not sure how I missed it. :shifty: I now hate you for making very simple and basic connections that I could not. :laugh:

the-grinch-grin.gif

• Upvote 2

I'm looking for at least 2 more owners to make it a 10-teamer. I've got 2 in mind that played last season. :yep:

Edited by BLUE

Greg's brother (I believe he's Crash3021 here at TGP), has suggested using OBP in place of batting average.

If the majority of you guys would like OBP instead of batting average, I'll switch it.

It doesn't matter much to me either way, because I will be curb-stomping all of you. :p:D

Edited by BLUE

ROFL I definitely am NOT a fan of the tool to edit your draft rankings for Yahoo it definitely isn't as versatile or user friendly as the ESPN ones. But I have it more set for my preferences now. Can't wait to see what the team looks like after the draft. BTW I may have missed it but was this a daily line-up league? or a weekly line-up league?

Sorry for not replying until now. It's a head-to-head league where you face one other commisioner per week, but you have to set your lineup on a daily basis (or if you're lazy like me, you can set your lineup for the whole week, unless you make some waiver wire transactions, which will cause your lineup to reset because Yahoo sucks). I love to work the waiver wire, though, which causes me headaches ...

Edited by BLUE

Yeah that was my brother but he isn't registered here. He's a little older then Crash who is a little older then me.

I'm cool with OBP over AVG

Edited by Bay

OBP sounds good. It's a way better measure of a player's ability than AVG anyway.