Sign in to follow this  
Tridentdawgpound

Game of Thrones Season 5

Before it was revealed that her weapons were laced in poison, I figured her vagina was just hypnotic and causing him a brain hemorrhage or something.

Same as well :yao: I was like oh man Dorne girls really are on some other shit.

Yeah, I wanted to see more of her :yep:

Guess that sword that the old Lord Commander gave Jon Snow (which was that Valyrian steel or whatever right?) must be a second kryptonite for the White Walkers.

EDIT: Man this was a really good episode all around now that I think about it. Dany and Tyrion's scenes were fire. Seeing Cercei keeping up the front then being reduced to sucking water off the floor life comes at you fast whew :yao:

So much good in this episode IMO :yep:

Even the scenes at the Bolton's castle were good and non creepy for once.

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

Yeah, Valyrian Steel blades are sort of a thing, since they're forged in dragonfire, they can handle ice demon voodoo shit.

Magic must defeat Magic, Jackie! Aiiiyah.

• Upvote 1

Who is going to be able to defeat a Tyrion / Dany duo? Oh right... Nobody. May as well hand over the Iron Throne now.

• Upvote 1

900 thousand undead ice zombies.

Drogon, Viserion, and Rhaegal

As I said in the shoutbox last night, last night's episode was, IMO, epic and easily one of the best, if not the best, episodes yet.

Tyrion + Dany was/is sooo amazingly satisfying. My two favorite characters.

Cersei having to lap up the water off of the nasty dungeon floor provided for a good laugh

Then there was the epicness that was Jon Snow and that entire invasion sequence, fight etc.

Edited by BucD

I thought only obsidian and valyrian steel could kill those things. It seems they were handling them alright for awhile with the weapons they had. Fantastic, nonetheless.

Edited by Barracuda

I thought only obsidian and valyrian steel could kill those things. It seems they were handling them alright for

awhile with the weapons they had. Fantastic, nonetheless.

The Walkers and basic wights aren't exactly the same thing. The thing Jon killed was a Walker (or an "Other" in the books). The massive hoard was undead . Others are not undead.

Yeah think of it more like the Jason-and-the-Argonauts-skeleton-bros are like their infantry who aren't really that special other than the fact that they died and were reanimated.

Okay. I was kind of confused at first. I don't remember them making any real distinction between them in the show from what little of what we've seen from the undead/walkers.

Jon Snow's sword Longclaw killing an Other kinda reinforces a certain prevailing theory.

When winter begins, how far south would people need to go to get away from the Walkers and Wights? Like will the most southern places still have winter and be in danger (like Dorne)?

All places will have winter. There will be nowhere safe. That's why the Wall is there.

When winter begins, how far south would people need to go to get away from the Walkers and Wights? Like will the most southern places still have winter and be in danger (like Dorne)?

All places will have winter. There will be nowhere safe. That's why the Wall is there.

Dorne is mostly deserts though... Is this some magical Winter? I wouldn't imagine snow gets there very often...

What about Essos? Since it seems like they don't like water so crossing the ocean would be tough for them unless they acquired boats.

Edited by BradyFan81

What about Essos? Since it seems like they don't like water so crossing the ocean would be tough for them unless they acquired boats.

The ocean will freeze over, is my bet, at least enough to walk on. It's not a magical winter, (@Favre), but in the series Winter only comes once in a very long while and when it does it is way more severe than normal. This has also been the longest recorded period of summertime in history, meaning that winter will likely be even more severe. I wouldn't bet on anywhere but the farthest islands being safe from a freeze. If you look at a map of the world, they can get almost anywhere with a moderate amount of freezing. I imagine the far off islands themselves will be safe, but not the Iron Isles.

The only real chance is Dany and her Dragons. Stannis won't be able to stop them, despite what Melisandre believes. He's one man, even if he is Azor Anhai, which I'm pretty sure he's not. Melisandre herself may be able to kill Others with her fire, but again, that's two people that can actually hurt them. Brienne of Tarth has a sword made of Valyrian steel, Jaime's old sword, and so does Jon Snow. There's a few scattered dragonglass weapons, but nothing near enough to stop the entire army that is going to come.

If Daenarys doesn't stop them, no one will. And Dany isn't even in Westeros yet.

Edited by Thanatos19

Stannis noooooo.Why you do dis?

On another note. Those masked dudes probably thought they won. Nope, now they're really, really fucking fucked.

I went from eagerly anticipating Stannis taking over Winterfell and flaying the Boltons to not caring in the slightest what happens to Stannis. His death will be a great reward.

• Upvote 2

Same. Fuck Stannis. Even her mother couldn't go through with it at the end, and she's always come across as a cold bitch about her daughter.

I hope Davos kills the motherfucker. Hell I hope Ramsay flays him alive. Burning your own daughter at the stake trumps any other evil act we've seen in the entire show.

Davos taking him out would feel so good. They probably wouldn't let Davos have that moment to himself though. He probably would sacrifice himself and die in the act of killing Stannis. Would still be awesome.

Trident kind of alluded to it with his video, but may as well talk about it. Before this year (for me, anyway) Stannis was always somewhere in the middle as far as good / evil. I never really felt the need to root for but didn't think he was necessarily a 'bad guy'.

Then this season they decide to draw a line in the sand... they (again, IMO) make us like him with those scenes of him defending and really connecting with Shireen. And then, in one episode... BAM. That's all gone. It really meant nothing. I mean, I suppose the writers wanted to do this to show us just how desperately Stannis wants the throne and to rule but... I still can't help but feeling a lot of the development they had through 8 episodes is now struck irrelevant.