Sign in to follow this  
Tridentdawgpound

Game of Thrones Season 5

So this is all beyond the realm of the books, but I think Stannis and Jon are both still kicking. Myrcella dead though. Dorne was pointless.

'Your grace, half your army left you.'

Shit.

'You wife hanged herself.'

It can't get much worse.

'Melisandre left.'

The writers hate me.

'The Boltons are coming to kill you.'

This is rock bottom, right here.

'I am Brienne of Tarth and I'm here to kill you.'

What the fuck D&D.

Edited by Tridentdawgpound

Melisandre will save Jon Snow with some kind of fucked up blood magic. I mean, I'm pretty sure that was The Hound's brother there at the end who carried Cercie away.

if Trident is right, Podrick, Stannis, Brienne and Sansa would be an interesting crew. Hell throw Jon and Melisandre in there too.

If Melisandre's sexy ass isn't saving Jon Snow his baby bro and little elf chick will.

Edited by seanbrock

Lots of good individual moments in the show, I thought. As a whole, not a huge fan. You know nothing, Olly.

Olly's not gonna shoot Jon (not that kills him anyway)... That would be horrible. lol. I think it's more likely he shoot and kills a Wildling and causes massive unrest or war between the two.

Well you were right... he didn't shoot Jon.

Well you were right... he didn't shoot Jon.

Haha. Still think that is terribly horrible way to do it. Olly is such a shit character. Why he gets credit for two very relevant deaths ( I realize he wasn't solely responsible for Jon's death, but he will get 'credit' so to speak) is beyond explanation or logic. Should have just let his brothers kill him in the snow, didn't need Olly's stupid little face in there at the end.

Nahhhhh man bae Melisandre* is gonna save him. And he "was told he was dead," they probably keep the actors in the dark about what's happening in the future.

*I cant decide who is more dreamier Melisandre or Margaery.

• Upvote 1

Well I mean Kit can't be like "Oh man I can't wait to get back to filming for Season 6 it's gonna be fun. Jon's fine it's just a scratch."

If Jon is dead then this entire story sucks and is a huge anticlimax.

Well I mean Kit can't be like "Oh man I can't wait to get back to filming for Season 6 it's gonna be fun. Jon's fine it's just a scratch."

If Jon is dead then this entire story sucks and is a huge anticlimax.

“We did the Tony Soprano walk (tell an actor they’re going to die). And they said, ‘Look, you’re gone, it’s done.'”

He's gone, dude.

“We did the Tony Soprano walk (tell an actor they’re going to die). And they said, ‘Look, you’re gone, it’s done.'”

He's gone, dude.

He is absolutely not gone. Again, he can't say he's gonna be back. If Jon Snow is dead then this ENTIRE story was a waste of time. There is NO, and I repeat, NO chance that he's gone.

Wutttt

I didn't know Lena Headey had such a great body. Whew.

That was a body double, unfortunately.

Jon is definitely dead, but Melisandre has a blood sacrifice from royal lineage that did nothing to help Stannis. She's going to use that power to bring him back. Which is why

Lady Stoneheart never showed up, the power of a resurrection is lessened if one Stark has already come back from the dead. Its why they had Melisandre run into Thoros of Myr, so the show established that Red Priests/Priestesses can bring back the dead.

I agree with Trident, no way is he really gone. If he is, that's just a terrible fucking story. It makes Snow's entire story mean nothing, basically and also means the theory about him in the books is wrong.

Look guys, when George RR Martin was considering these two guys to direct this series, he wanted to know if they could understand the books. So he asked them just one question: "Who is Jon Snow's mother?" If that is so important to the series that he bases whether or not they can direct it on their answer to that question, do you really think Jon is now gone without ever having known who his mother is?

Answer to the question Martin asked is in spoiler tags, but it is just a theory, though it does seem to be backed up by quite a bit of stuff in the books.

Jon Snow's mother is Lyanna Stark and his father is Rhaegar Targaryen.

This is a talk with the director of the episode, specifically on whether or not Jon Snow and Stannis are dead:

Q: There’s been plenty of speculation online. So can you say emphatically that Jon Snow is dead?

A: I can say emphatically that Jon Snow is definitely dead. I keep hearing that phrase in my head, “Ding dong, the witch is dead.” After what you saw there, I think there’s no more clear picture whether he is dead or not.

Q: Any chance he could be resurrected by Melisandre, who returned to Castle Black?

A: That’s not my concern. My concern was to take care of Jon Snow, and he’s now deader than dead.

Q: There’s also speculation about whether Stannis is truly dead. We didn’t see Brienne deliver that final, fatal blow.

A: I think that was basically in the script. Dan and David felt it best not to be gratuitous with that. You really got a sense that Stannis had nothing else to live for. Brienne’s life-long mission had come to an end. It’s a situation in which Stannis was ready to die and prepared to die. It would have been gratuitous.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 2

Jon Snow is dead.

What is dead may never die.

Jon Greyjoy will rise! RELEASE THE KRAKEN!

On the Jon Snows parents theory

Wow that's an amazing theory that blows my mind. You book readers have been holding that from us this whole time? That explains why Lyanna Stark gets talked about in the show as often as she does, and why Ned would never talk about who the mother was. What is all the evidence that supports this?

HBO’s Game of Thrones continues to grow in popularity, with Sunday’s fifth-season finale drawing the show’s largest audience ever — despite going up against the NBA Finals in most of the country.

According to Nielsen “live plus same-day” estimates, Thronesaveraged 8.1 million viewers, up 13 percent from both the previous week (7.14 million) and last year’s finale (7.09 million). The previous series high for the show came with its fifth-season premiere in April, which drew about 8 million.

Sunday’s ratings growth is a continuation of a trend that has seen a show once considered “niche” become cable’s second most popular program, behind only AMC’s The Walking Dead.

They know it's a popular theory and are just playing into that, IMO. I am not sure how they would pull that off in the show though. I know they did it briefly with Bran, but sustaining that would be tough. When he comes back, I hope he just... comes back. Make it nice and simple.

In the books, as he falls to the snow, the last word he says is Ghost, which is where the theory comes from.

Even if it ends up being true in the books, doesn't mean it will be in the TV series.

Though it is beyond any doubt, at least in the books, that Jon Snow is a warg. It flat out says so in the intro to A Dance with Dragons, with the wilding warg "scenting" another one of his kind. Whether or not he was able to warg into Ghost given that I don't think he ever figures out what he is, that is up in the air.

Edited by Thanatos19

Finally got around to finishing this season of "Get Attached to Characters and Watch Awful Things Happen to Them!"

I dunno why I still watch :yao: