Sign in to follow this  
BLUE

Ray Rice arrested on domestic violence charge

If a woman spits on me or hits me unprovoked, I would slap her the fuck down without hesitation.

Ravens have generally supported players with controversial legal issues where they were told what 'allegedly' happened...

But the video that is going around with Ray Rice isn't exactly the same as Ray Lewis, Terrell Suggs, and Samurai (yes) Rolle.

I don't care if Ray Rice plays professional football, that gives his fiancee no right to spit on him, let alone hit him first.

I do NOT sympathize with any woman who spits on a man and then gets her just deserts. Do you really think he intended to render her unconscious?

I don't believe in resorting to violence, but I also don't believe in just taking shit from somebody, either. This is a bad situation, but Ray Rice most certainly is not the "lowest of the low" for slapping a woman who spit on him and hit him.

You don't just slap people unconscious. With your thinking Bware, if a child spit in your face would you proceed to knock him out.

Stop trying to play a tough guy, and realize that his fiancee posed no lethal threat to him, so the retaliation he used is uncalled for and unnecessary. There comes a point where you just have to be a bigger man and realize that you can't just knock out every person that offends you.

What did Rice have to prove by knocking out his own woman?

Some of you in this thread are making me sick.

You don't just slap people unconscious. With your thinking Bware, if a child spit in your face would you proceed to knock him out.

Stop trying to play a tough guy, and realize that his fiancee posed no lethal threat to him, so the retaliation he used is uncalled for and unnecessary. There comes a point where you just have to be a bigger man and realize that you can't just knock out every person that offends you.

Obviously you don't hit a child, but his fiancee ought not to act like a child. I'm not saying he had any right to do what he did, but can we stop crucifying the dude and acting like she's some innocent victim? That makes me sick. It's an inherent double standard that has gone too far in our society. Be a bigger man and walk away--that's my perspective, but I'm not going to start acting like Ray Rice is some scum of the earth individual over one incident.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Obviously you don't hit a child, but his fiancee ought not to act like a child. I'm not saying he had any right to do what he did, but can we stop crucifying the dude and acting like she's some innocent victim? That makes me sick. It's an inherent double standard that has gone too far in our society. Be a bigger man and walk away--that's my perspective, but I'm not going to start acting like Ray Rice is some scum of the earth individual over one incident.

I never said that Ray Rice is scum (You can look). But what he did is detestable, regardless of whether she is innocent or not.

You say she shouldn't act like a child...but what was it that made her do that. Ever think of that? What did Ray Rice say or do that provoked her into doing what she did. Both are at fault, but don't try and say that she is less innocent than him.

I never said that Ray Rice is scum (You can look). But what he did is detestable, regardless of whether she is innocent or not.

You say she shouldn't act like a child...but what was it that made her do that. Ever think of that? What did Ray Rice say or do that provoked her into doing what she did. Both are at fault, but don't try and say that she is less innocent than him.

There's nothing he could have said that would warrant she spit on him. That's just something you don't do.

FTR, I wasn't accusing you of saying she was innocent. I meant to imply that the reaction in this thread makes it seem like people want to vilify Ray and Ray only.

There's nothing he could have said that would warrant she spit on him. That's just something you don't do.

Same for beating a woman unconscious. If she was so aggressive...he could've restrained her easily without striking her. Unless he's that big of a pussy.

• Upvote 1

Ok no hitting. I'll just blood choke her ass until she loses conciousness. Women get far to many passes because they have a vagina. A shitty humanbeing is a shitty humanbeing. I have no qualms whatsoever with putting a dumb bitch in her place.

• Downvote 3

Ray Rice is a loser, deserves a lengthy suspension, and should receive absolutely no respect or sympathy from anyone. He's garbage. Scum. The lowest form of individual on this planet.

Who the fuck are you to judge someone as the lowest form of individual on this planet? If it was a fight, not abuse, Rice has every right to fight back.

HE'S DRAGGING HER UNCONSCIOUS BODY OUT OF A FUCKING ELEVATOR YOU SHALLOW INCOMPETENT WORM!

It actually didn't look that bad from the video i saw he was trying to lift her up its not like he was dragging her by the legs like she was trash.

Fun fact.

If blots, Sean, and ME are all agreeing in a thread...someone is fucking wrong. Very Wrong.

I am curious. Maybe I've missed this somewhere in the story, but are we just assuming that "Ray Rice struck her with his hands" and the fact that she was unconscious means that he knocked her out? Is it not equally plausible that she merely passed out in the elevator because she couldn't hold her drink?

I very rarely drink myself, but I have had two different friends, both girls, simply pass out on us while at the bar. And while it may have looked like something funny was going on when we were carrying them to the car, there wasn't. :troll:

Ray Rice struck his fiancee and knocked her unconscious during an altercation at hotel in Atlantic City, N.J., last weekend, according to a summons from Atlantic City police.

USA Today

I am curious. Maybe I've missed this somewhere in the story, but are we just assuming that "Ray Rice struck her with his hands" and the fact that she was unconscious means that he knocked her out? Is it not equally plausible that she merely passed out in the elevator because she couldn't hold her drink?

I very rarely drink myself, but I have had two different friends, both girls, simply pass out on us while at the bar. And while it may have looked like something funny was going on when we were carrying them to the car, there wasn't. :troll:

Not strange at all that she was able to get into the elevator on her own but was lying face down and Ray Rice literally dragged her.

If she passed out in an elevator..Ray at least would've tried to hold her up IMO.

Just looking at the video and seeing him drag her....that body language does not indicate that she... 'just passed out'.

• Upvote 1

One time, I was actually kicked in the balls in public by this girl after I said a few choice words to her. I was pretty mean to her, but I didn't deserve to be kicked in the nads. I was pretty pissed. It's fine to get pissed when girls do shit to you. Worst comes to worst, though, you just do what I did. Get another girl to beat their ass in a chick fight. Your hands are clean and you get free entertainment. Win win situation. lol

Per Rotoworld.com:

The MMQB's Robert Klemko reports Atlantic City police have a "yet-to-be-released video" of Ray Rice knocking his fiancée unconscious in last weekend's domestic dispute.
If true — and there's no reason to believe it isn't — it's damning evidence that complicates Rice's case both with the authorities and the NFL. Klemko believes it will lead to a suspension. That's shaping up to be the least of Rice's worries. Despite Rice's (allegedly) despicable off-the-field behavior and 2013 struggles on it, his roster spot isn't believed to be in danger. Feb 20 - 10:24 PM

It's getting so old reading things like this on a day to day basis. Soon it won't be a question of what happened, but who.

These NFL players think they can do whatever they want. Grow a set and deal with your issues like a man, not with your fist.

Ray Rice and his fiancee plan to attend a couples seminar, according to coach John Harbaugh.

This confirms that Janay Palmer is sticking by Rice, not trying to bury him after an ugly domestic incident in Atlantic City on Feb. 15. Rice's court date has been postponed and no new date has been set. "The facts will determine the consequences, and we'll see where it goes," Harbaugh said. "Ray has told me his side of it, and everything we've seen so far is very consistent with what he said." The incident will be reviewed under the league's personal conduct policy once it runs its course legally.
Source: ESPN.com

Owner Steve Bisciotti "aggressively stood by" Ray Rice at the NFL's league meetings on Monday, saying there's "no circumstance" under which Rice wouldn't remain a Raven in 2014.

The Ravens appear to have internally determined that Rice's side of the story holds water following his February arrest for domestic violence. "He's going to be here," Bisciotti stated, vehemently. Rice has reportedly already shed 15 pounds since the end of last season, targeting a bounce-back campaign after his career-worst year. Now 27, Rice has has 2,531 carries over his last nine football seasons, including college and the NFL playoffs.

This might be the "no circumstance."

Ray Rice has been indicted on one count of aggravated assault for his alleged assault of his fiancée in February.

It's an upgrade on Rice's original simple-assault charge, and carries a potential 3-5 years in prison. The simple-assault charge against Rice's fiancée has been dropped. Ravens owner Steve Bisciotti "aggressively stood by" Rice on Monday, but the case doesn't appear likely to go quietly. In addition to whatever the court decides, either via a plea deal or trial, Rice is facing a suspension.