RazorStar

Razor's Mock Draft (Pre Combine, v1)

One Round, No trades. I tried to avoid disgusting reaches, but sometimes those things happen. Sorry Houston.

1. :Texans: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M

Why do the Texans go Manziel instead of one of the other big options at QB? Potential. Keenum, Yates and Schaub stick out as players who have a ceiling that is just not good enough to make it in the NFL anymore. The Maverick adds a new hope to this franchise hoping to recover from what the Patriots took from them so long ago.

2. :Rams: from :Redskins: Taylor Lewan, OT, Michigan

The Rams seem to be making it clear that Bradford is their guy through thick and thin. Lewan strikes me as a Fisher pick, powerful at the point of attack, and will scrap just a little bit past the whistle. This is a potential trade option here, some desperate team could be offering a lot of picks for this slot.

3. :jags: Teddy Bridgewater, QB, Louisville

How fortunate for the Jaguars to get a talented QB for once. In my eyes Bridgewater is far and away the best passer in the draft class, but people want to hype Bortles and Manziel, you can’t argue with production, work ethic, and talent though.

4. :Browns: Blake Bortles, QB, UCF

I don’t know what’s going on in Cleveland, but they seem incensed on getting that franchise QB, so they’re gonna go all in on Bortles the last ‘top tier’ guy left. However, the gulf is deep and unforgiving. And in the darkness of hell, Bortles and Gabbert spoon.

5. :Raiders: Jadeveon Clowney, DE, South Carolina

Monster talent, but a complete headcase. This is a match made in heaven.

6. :Falcons: Khalil Mack, DE, Buffalo

If the Falcons do not escape the first round without a top tier pass rusher, heads will roll. They need so much help on defense, and with a young secondary improving with time, pass rush is the next crucial step. After dropping John Abraham, they haven’t found the answer yet.

7. :Bucs: Jake Matthews, OT, Texas A&M

This is an instance of not reaching for need, the best pass rushers are off the board, so just take the BPA and be happy you end up with a top LT prospect. Donald Penn can be moved to the other side, and your line only gets better.

8. :Vikings: Timmy Jerningan, DT, Florida State

The Vikings have quite a few options here, WR, OLB, and offensive line all offer strong possibilities, but Jernigan is a special player, and the Vikings need special players, not just need fillers.

9. :Bills: Sammy Watkins, WR, Clemson

Watkins is an incredible player, and he has the kind of attitude you want in a receiver, not just a diva type player who will burn out of the league in a few years. How Buffalo does in the future depends on the progression of EJ Manuel, but having two all purpose threats at receiver cannot hurt.

10. :Lions: Eric Ebron, TE, North Carolina

Because the Lions have no one to throw to aside from Calvin, and Brandon Pettigrew is not even good.

11. :Titans: Greg Robinson, LT, Auburn

Despite all attempts to improve their offensive line, Chris Johnson is still shit. <_ might as well grab a left tackle for when roos and stewart contracts run out.>

12. :Giants: Zach Martin, OL, Notre Dame

Realistically, the Giants would love to trade down and grab 5 new offensive linemen in this draft. However this mock doesn’t have trades, so the Giants have to reach a little for an offensive line prospect. Make no mistake, the need here is desperate enough to forgo other talented players.

13. :Rams: Anthony Barr, DE/OLB, UCLA

Ideally, you slot in Barr like a Von Miller and go, but it’s very rare to find one of those players. Regardless, improvement in the linebacking corps is a must for the Rams and they’re glad to have two first round picks to sort out their needs.

14. :Bears: Louis Nix, DT, Notre Dame

The Bears choked on their own dicks in run defense. They need to devote a lot of picks towards improving there, but Louis Nix is a strong start with an immovable body in the middle.

15. :Steelers: Monica Lewinsky Jokes, S, Alabama

The time has come to replace Ryan Clark in Pittsburgh. The time is coming soon for Troy, but in the meantime, have a well balanced Alabama defensive back. Just like you always wanted.

16. :Cowboys: Mike Evans, WR, Texas A&M

The Cowboys have to improve on the league's worst defense in order to compete. Might as well get Romo some more weapons once Miles Austin gets released. I’m trying to bring you into the mind of Jerry Jones and it is a cold, dark empty place.

17. :Ravens: Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU

Landry gives the Ravens a younger sexier Anquan Boldin to work with. Flacco missed having a strong WR to throw to, so it only makes sense for them to grab that player here.

18. :Jets: Marquise Lee, WR, USC

Lee is an incredible athlete that gives the Jets a much needed playmaker to work with. After the Stephen Hill experiment has gone bust, they need to keep trying to get someone decent to fill in these shoes.

19. :dolphins: Darqueze Dennard, CB, Michigan State

Ideally, the Dolphins would also pick up five brand new offensive lineman, but the reach is just too great, no GM worth their salt would grab an offensive lineman when the Dolphins need help across the board. Dennard provides a physical corner which is becoming a necessity in this new look NFL.

20. :Cardinals: Kony Ealy, OLB, Mizzou

The Cardinals keep striking gold with high potential players, I think it’s worth a shot here to see if they can get a real compliment for Calais Campbell.

21. :Packers: Justin Gilbert, CB, Oklahoma State

The Packers were at their best when their defense was capable of creating turnovers. Having a player who gives them a chance at adding more offensive possessions can only be a good thing. He can lock down a team’s best option and force them to play 10 on 10.

22. :Eagles: Calvin Pyror, S, Lousiville

Such a major need for the Eagles finally gets addressed. They missed Earl Thomas a few years ago, they can’t afford to miss on either Pyror or Clinton-Dix now.

23. :Chiefs: Kelvin Benjamin, WR, FSU

Classic HWS guy, and falls in line with Andy Reid’s obsession for offensive playmakers.

24. :Bengals: Ra’Shede Hageman, DL, Minnesota

The Bengals’ biggest strength is their defensive line, but they can’t keep all their pieces there forever. Rather than reaching for a QB to fill their only weakness, they should move to improve either their offensive or defensive line and strengthen their core. Hageman is a versatile player and can switch in basically anywhere on that line.

25. :Chargers: Cyrus Kouandjou, LT, Alabama

DJ Fluker showed he was not the Left Tackle the Chargers need. However, he certainly is the Right Tackle they need, and Kouandjou ensures they will never be desperate enough to start Jeromey Clary ever again. Right?

26. :Browns: from :Colts: Carlos Hyde, RB, tOSU

Drafting the RB first and QB second didn’t work, so doing it in reverse must work, right? Right…

27. :Saints: C.J. Mosely, ILB, Alabama

Adding a big bruiser in the middle only improves Rob Ryan’s defense that much more. He’ll be their Sean Lee and more.

28. :panthers: Dee Ford, DE, Auburn

The Panthers cannot afford to retain the services of the Kraken, getting a replacement is a necessity in order to continue their inspired success.

29. :Patriots: Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech

Brady needs more weapons! Dental Plan! Brady needs weapons! DENTAL PLAN!

30. :49ers: Jason Varrett, CB, TCU

The 49ers are looking towards a brighter future with a capable number 1 corner. They may need a lot of practices to figure out who that number one guy is gonna be, but at least the depth is good.

31. :Broncos: Marcus Martin, C, USC

With this single move, we can get Zane Beadles off the line, and Manuel Ramirez away from snapping the football. Everyone wins. Except the rest of the AFC. I can dream that the hangover will pass us by.

32. :Seahawks: Aaron Donald, DT, Pittsburgh

You can never have enough pass rush. (Words to live by).

• Upvote 2

Passing on Calvin Pryor and CJ Mosley. End my miserable existence.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Nick Collins is coming back though! >_>

One Round, No trades. I tried to avoid disgusting reaches, but sometimes those things happen. Sorry Houston.

1. :Texans: Johnny Manziel, QB, Texas A&M

ashley-wagner-BS1.gif

Haha, that gif is so great.

29. :Patriots: Jace Amaro, TE, Texas Tech

Brady needs more weapons! Dental Plan! Brady needs weapons! DENTAL PLAN!

I don't get the joke. :think:

I really like the pick though, that is who I want us to take. Amaro or Ebron or ASF. Brady needs another TE for when Gronk gets injured again.

With Jacksonville doesn't their offensive line still suck majorly, so Bridgewater is going to get destroyed there. Maybe Jax should go defense or another OLineman. Clowney 6 months ago was the "clear cut no doubt #1 pick", what happened to that? If he's there at #3 Jax could take him.

Their fans are probably tired of watching terrible QB play so I can definitely see why they want a QB though.

Edited by BradyFan81

9ers can never find themselves that corner. Lol. Where are you next Joe Haden?

With Jacksonville doesn't their offensive line still suck majorly, so Bridgewater is going to get destroyed there. Maybe Jax should go defense or another OLineman. Clowney 6 months ago was the "clear cut no doubt #1 pick", what happened to that? If he's there at #3 Jax could take him.

Their fans are probably tired of watching terrible QB play so I can definitely see why they want a QB though.

Well that's the thing. JAX's OL is only bad up the middle. Joeckel and Pasztor at OT are decent with the potential to be good. Nwareni at RG is decent. LG and C are the big problems.

BUT.

I hear all this talk about Bridgewater about, "nothing special." I disagree. But I understand. I understand because his special quality isn't his arm strength, or size, or mobility. Bridgewater's special quality though is his ability to work in a crowded pocket. He can perform in chaos. He can slide in the pocket, he can step up, he can escape — all while keeping his eyes down field, he feels the pressure. So in terms of the questions about his frame, or if he got drafted by Jacksonville if he could survive the rush due to a mediocre line I definitely think he can and more. I think he can thrive even if of the 10 total draft picks plus 60 million dollars in cap space that the Jags have they don't add interior OL help. But obviously they will add that help at LG and C, maybe even RT though I think Pasztor is certainly passable and PFF grades would agree.

If you give me Clowney or Bridgewater my answer is YES. I'll take either. That's a win.

I think NFL teams are viewing Jake Matthews as a RT in the NFL.

11. :Titans: Greg Robinson, LT, Auburn

Despite all attempts to improve their offensive line, Chris Johnson is still shit. <_< Might as well grab a left tackle for when Roos’ and Stewart’s contracts run out.

I like the pick, I just wanted to clarify one point: Stewart likely will not be back this season, he's been hurt most of the last two years and is due over $6M, none guaranteed, that means any tackle we draft (especially if it's with the #11) will be starting right away at RT then possibly shifting over to LT if Roos leaves when his contract expires next offseason

and Bucman, if everyone is looking at Matthews as a RT then why is he projected as a top 5 pick? is that just an example of draft guys not knowing what they're talking about or is he going to be that good of a RT?