Favre4Ever

2014 NFL Mock Draft Sign-Up & Discussion

I am copying this verbatim from last year, because it has been the most refined and best we have used -- thus the 2012 draft example below. Any questions, comments, or concerns can be directed here as well.

------------------------------------------------

Welcome one and all to the 2014 TGP Mock Draft Game. This thread will serve as the sign up and discussion thread for all things related to this years mock draft game.

For those of you who do not now or who are new to the game, for numerous years now we have done this and it has honestly been one of my personal favorite activities of the ENTIRE SEASON. It's easy, you select a team to take over during the draft, wait your turn and pick the best player for your team according to current NFL rosters. All picks are the "official" picks and order from the NFL draft -- including all previous years trades.

For example, if you are the GM of the Washington Redskins, your 1st round pick belongs to the St. Louis Rams GM because of the RGIII trade a year ago.

I believe we started in early March with the actual selections last year and that was deemed a little early. We will aim for maybe the second weekend in March (8th onward), maybe?

PLEASE NOTE:

This process will require a lot of dedication and time. This is a full 7 round mock draft, with trades and compensatory selections. In it's entirety, this draft took us 6 weeks (1.5 months) to complete back in 2011.

If you feel like you will not be able to meet the rigorous standards that comes with GMing one of these teams... Please do not sign up.

Those of us who are active every day and want this to be a smashing success like it is every season will not think less of you for either not participating or pulling out before the draft starts.

Sign ups are OPEN. Please limit yourself to ONE team until further notice. A thread with the full draft order and selections will be created in the near future. Stay tuned & thank you!

Current Sign-Up List
--Usernames in italics have been confirmed through this thread.
--Usernames with asterisks*** next to them mean they are that user's 2nd or 3rd claimed team, and can be claimed by users who have not yet claimed a team.

1. Houston Texans -- FartWaffles
2. Washington Redskins -- Bangy
3. Jacksonville Jaguars -- Vin
4. Cleveland Browns -- Trident
5. Oakland Raiders -- House
6. Atlanta Falcons -- ATL
7. Tampa Bay Buccaneers -- Bucman
8. Minnesota Vikings -- OSUViking
9. Buffalo Bills -- Favre4Ever
10. Detroit Lions -- Dmac
11. Tennessee Titans -- Alex
12. New York Giants -- Trident
13. St. Louis Rams -- Bucman
14. Chicago Bears -- MOTM
15. Pittsburgh Steelers -- House
16. Dallas Cowboys -- Vin
17. Baltimore Ravens -- Bjorn
18. New York Jets -- Ricky
19. Miami Dolphins -- HadensIsland
20. Arizona Cardinals -- MileHigh
21. Green Bay Packers -- Favre4Ever
22. Philadelphia Eagles -- SeanBrock
23. Kansas City Chiefs -- Sean
24. Cincinnati Bengals -- Chernobyl
25. San Diego Chargers -- Socal
26. Indianapolis Colts -- Dmac
27. New Orleans Saints -- BradyFan
28. Carolina Panthers -- Thanatos
29. New England Patriots -- Phil
30. San Francisco 49ers -- Ranga
31. Denver Broncos -- Razor
32. Seattle Seahawks -- BC

Volunteered Proxies - Oochy, BLUE

Edited by Favre4Ever

I usually like to take a team that has no active members here. So with that I'd like to try and fix the :dolphins: (God help me)

I'll take the Titans, but if any of the other Titans fans that comes around here wants them, they can have them, given I've had them several times in the past.

Buccaneers please. :smug:

Trying to fuck shit up about.

I'll take Philly and St. Louis(unless a Rams fan wants them).

Edited by seanbrock

FTR -- I am ignoring preferred 2nd teams for the time being. Would be too weird putting up who people might want as a 2nd team right now. Would just create a mess. It will be 1st come / 1st serve when I open up 2nd teams. Sorry Sean (not saying anyone else will want the Rams).

I had the Steelers last season so if Zack,Sarge or Ben want them, they can have them. I'll take the :Raiders:

I'm also willing to help JD with running this draft.

• Upvote 1

super-bowl-seahawks-parade_pg_600.jpg

:trophy::towel:

I had the Steelers last season so if Zack,Sarge or Ben want them, they can have them. I'll take the :Raiders:

I'm also willing to help JD with running this draft.

Thanks bro. Any of the Gmods (or admins) can help out with times / turns / updating the biog board when I get it up. would be much appreciated as I obviously can't be here ALL the time. :D

Give it to me. The Fraudcos need some rebuilding.

Minny was going to take the Vikings, but I haven't seen him around lately. I'll take them for now, though if he pops up I'll abdicate the position. My Spain trip leaves April 11th I believe, just for future reference.

What you wanna do here Vin? Since I had them last year (and did terrible) you want them this year? Or wanna do some type of tiebreaker thing to decide?

If you want them, take them. Otherwise I will. :yep:

Minny was going to take the Vikings, but I haven't seen him around lately. I'll take them for now, though if he pops up I'll abdicate the position. My Spain trip leaves April 11th I believe, just for future reference.

You might miss a round or two, but it's no big deal. Just remind me if/when we get to that deadline.

What you wanna do here Vin? Since I had them last year (and did terrible) you want them this year? Or wanna do some type of tiebreaker thing to decide?

Go ahead and grab them, interested to see what you come up with anyways. I had them last year, it's only fair. :yep:

Since Vin has the Jags, give me the :Rams:

Go ahead and grab them, interested to see what you come up with anyways. I had them last year, it's only fair. :yep:

Since Vin has the Jags, give me the :Rams:

Fair enough.

I'll take the Jags. :yep:

Is it too early to start talking about movement and such?

I'll take the :Saints: again so Phil can have the Pats

n4fjfa.jpg

Edited by BenJarvus Green-Ellis
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Taking Bengals and whoever lacks a fan to control.