RANGA

Which QB would benefit the most from an improved receiving corps?

17 members have voted

1. 1. WHICH ONE BITCHES???

• Tom Brady
    • Cam Newton
    • Andrew Luck
    • Alex Smith
    • Other - specify

I'd have to go with Brady. He was throwing to nobody this season and still put up solid numbers. And we all saw what he can do when he's given a real #1 option back when he had Moss.

Edited by RANGA

I was thinking Brady at first, but I'm not sure that's quite fair really. I think he could certainly benefit, but with his ability to make the most out of nothing, I'm not sure he should be in this conversation.

I think it's Cam Newton on this one. Newton is great, he has no on one but an aged Steve Smith to throw to though. Could you imagine what Newton would be doing with a Steve Smith in his prime? That would be one hell of an amazing offense.

Cam for sure. Cam's one of my favorite QB prospects in awhile, and his FO has neglected him in terms of getting him weapons so far. Obviously they built a good defense, now it's time to get my boy some horses for god's sake. Well, that and some OTs since Gross retired. Ugh.

Yeah I choose Brady, but after thinking about it, I'm not sure that is fair to put him in the conversation because um yeah he would destroy the league...

But I go with Cam as a realistic choice, because with legit threats going dow the field on both sides and his ability to pick up huge yards scrambling, you really won't have any way to defend him. Even if you wanted to hang with that type of offfense you would have to play a very specific defense mixed with double coverage and an extra person staying in to spy on Cam. Either he beats you or completely changes your gameplan.

I know everyone is on the Geno Smith sucks bandwagon and he definitely did suck, but give the guy a chance at least lol. He has a terrible OL, lack luster RB's, shit receivers, no TE. Hard to succeed with that as a rookie.

• Upvote 1

From the list I'd choose Cam, but I selected Other because I think Kaepernick would benefit most from better receivers. Boldin is old, Crabtree is pretty average in my book, which pretty much leaves Vernon Davis as his only legit receiving option.

From the list I'd choose Cam, but I selected Other because I think Kaepernick would benefit most from better receivers. Boldin is old, Crabtree is pretty average in my book, which pretty much leaves Vernon Davis as his only legit receiving option.

I really disagree. Boldin produced this year and is still a good possession WR and Crabtree is another good possession WR. Davis ironically is the 9ers only burner but he has the speed to beat anyone deep, LB S, CB, anyone. Maybe they could use a burner at WR, but the 9ers receiving corps is more than solid imo.

• Upvote 2

The Niners receiving core is way better than Carolina, that's for sure. Cam resurrected Ted Ginn's career, and we only have Steve Smith, an old Steve Smith to boot, that's a good receiver on any other team.

I gave serious thought to Brady, but I think Cam improves the most if you get him a group of WRs.

Cam still has some mental midgetry going on. I think a better all around corps of weapons will help him out not only state wise, but also mentally (even furthering progression statistically). So I will have to go with him.

Alex Smith though... I would really like to see what he could. He's had an almost kind of there Crabtree and Vernon Davis his entire career. I would mention Dwayne Bowe, but he is an under achieving schmuck for the most part.

Cam still has some mental midgetry going on.

What do you mean by that? That he still is immature?

No, he just looks like he is capable of being mentally knocked out of a game -- like in the playoffs. Understandably, it was a very frustrating 2nd half, but he just wasn't in it (nor was the rest of the team) from a mental aspect, IMO. A better group of play makers can help thwart that mindset.

Just think of Seattle's offense with actual WR's.

Harvin was injured for a majority of last season..and Sidney Rice is no more. Think about what Russell could do with one ELITE WR. That offense would be very..very scary if you put 2 threats on the outside..then one in the slot.

• Upvote 1

It was a tough choice for me, and I almost went with Alex Smith. However, I voted for other because I think Geno Smith did a decent job w/o any help (As have past NYJ QBs). You give him a top 10 WR or just 2 solid ones,, and they might have taken the division. Other QBs should include: Tannehill, Ponder, Eli, RG3, Foles, Glennon, etc.

Tom Brady in the would category.

Matt Stafford in the could category.

Just think of Seattle's offense with actual WR's.

Harvin was injured for a majority of last season..and Sidney Rice is no more. Think about what Russell could do with one ELITE WR. That offense would be very..very scary if you put 2 threats on the outside..then one in the slot.

Good point. Cam and Russell are my two favorite QBs personally. Loved both coming out of the draft, imagining Russell with good weapons at WR is interesting. Tate is cool, Baldwin meh, Kearse will make big catches but nothing consistent wise. Or a good TE, Man...

I ain't even bring up my boy Geno. :D But yeah, good answer as well he had a fossil version of Holmes who was there if he wasn't hurt and Kerley, Cumberland/Winslow and that's it. Get him some weapons.

No, he just looks like he is capable of being mentally knocked out of a game -- like in the playoffs. Understandably, it was a very frustrating 2nd half, but he just wasn't in it (nor was the rest of the team) from a mental aspect, IMO. A better group of play makers can help thwart that mindset.

Very true.

I still say the officiating had a huge impact on that game. The Niners were allowed to play physical and we weren't.

At half time, Rivera's speech was trying to cool down the players. The defense was incensed and they were playing lights out minus that final drive which only resulted in a TD because of three blatant missed penalties.

And he cooled them down all right, they came out flat. Can't really blame him when the officiating is that lopsided as regards physicality though. Can't keep eating 15-yard penalties, even if the other team is allowed to do the exact same thing and get away with it.

He was most definitely frustrated and that last pick was him just being careless with the football.

Andrew Luck's receiving corps is already pretty good.

How about Andrew Luck

He has Reggie Wayne, Ty Hilton and his TEs aren't too shabby either.

I would say Newton.

Cam for sure. Cam's one of my favorite QB prospects in awhile, and his FO has neglected him in terms of getting him weapons so far. Obviously they built a good defense, now it's time to get my boy some horses for god's sake. Well, that and some OTs since Gross retired. Ugh.

The issue their FO has dealt with is the lack of cap space.

• Upvote 1

I mean...look what Josh McCown did last year with a good O-line and Marshall and Jeffery. Not to mention Bennett and a solid back in Forte.