Vin

2014 NFL FA

Broncos trying to buy a Superbowl.

lol or they're just adding talented players who want to win.
If you've seen the last two AFC Championship games, you'll see that Talib doesn't exactly have the biggest desire to win.

My comments from a thread in late January...

Key UFAs to pass on:

- Aqib Talib

- Brandon Spikes

Talib would only be worth re-signing if he signs for a reasonable amount of money (doubtful). If the guy wasn't injury prone, the Pats would probably be willing to back up the Brinks truck for him. Fuck him if he's just gonna sit out the majority of AFC Championship games with minor injuries.

Bottom line is, he got $57 million over 6 years with $26 million guaranteed. Good for him. He wasn't likely going to get that much money from any other team, especially not the Pats. The Pats would never blow a huge amount of money on a player that refuses to go back on the field after taking a lick... in the biggest game of the year up to that point.

Elway hasn't been wrong in any decisions yet. He has built a powerhouse who is getting better every year.

Powerhouses don't get blown the fuck out 43-8 in a Super Bowl. :yao:

Where was your team during that game? Oh probably sitting on their fucking coaches that's right. Denver and Seattle are the 2 best teams in the league again this year.

Denver was the 4th or 5th best team in the league last year. AFC was weaksauce. Honestly think that the Niners, Panthers and Saints would have also beaten the Broncos. NFCCG was the Superbowl.

Packers and Iggles don't have the defense to shut the Broncos down enough, I dont think, but both would have put up tough fights as well.

Edited by Thanatos19

Browns to sign Isiah Trufant

The Browns have agreed to terms with ex-Jet Isaiah Trufant, his agent Doug Hendrickson announced on Twitter last night (hat tip to Manish Mehta of the New York Daily News). The veteran cornerback was an unrestricted free agent this winter after spending the first four seasons of his NFL career in New York.

Trufant, 31, has only started one game out of 39 career contests, and has never appeared in more than 121 defensive snaps in a season, so it’s not as if his arrival will prompt the Browns to close the door on Darrelle Revis or other potential cornerback additions. Still, Trufant should represent a decent and modestly priced depth piece for Mike Pettine’s defense in Cleveland, and he could end up contributing on special teams as well.

Source: PFR

Jaguars signed OLB Dekoda Watson, formerly of the Buccaneers.
Watson, 26, has mostly been a special teamer in his career, but flashed potential in spot starts at strong-side linebacker down the stretch in Tampa last year. He was active against the run and is athletic enough to hold his own in coverage. Expect Watson to push hard for SLB Geno Hayes' starting job.
Related: Buccaneers
Source: Profootballtalk on Twitter

From what I have seen of the Falcons signings so far I wouldn't be too surprised at all if they end up taking Mack in the first round. The draft will be very interesting and I am excited they look to be going primarily to the 3-4. At least I have hope in the team.

So far the worst one I've seen was Raiders letting Veldheer walk and paying Saffold waaay too much money

Edited by butta55
  • Upvote 1

Broncos WAY WAY overpaid for Demarcus Ware. Holy hell. 30 million with 20 million guaranteed. 13 million this year. Get out of town. Ugh. *shudders*

Elway has been pretty poor as a talent guy. Particularly the last couple years. Did well in 2011 but really his track record is similar to Bill Polian. Getting a lot of credit for being lucky enough to get a franchise QB. But hasn't been able to really get any talent outside of that.

His biggest additions being Peyton and Von Miller. Kind of doubt he's going to be picking 2nd overall or getting another HOF QB on the open market any time soon. He needs to improve his drafting by a lot.

Right now, he's doing what dumb GMs do. Way overpay for 3rd contracts on big name UFAs to mask their suckitude in getting young talent. Looks great in March. Lots of buzz now. But doesn't really have a lot of homegrown talent. Probably why they have such a rosy cap situation to begin with. When you don't have anyone worth resigning, you tend to have a lot of leftover cash.

• Upvote 1

It's definitely not the long term answer and if they don't win now it'll hurt their team later. These signings are reeking desperation.

• Upvote 2

Elway took a lot of flack for taking Miller over Dareus. In hindsight that flack looks foolish, but before there were serious concerns. Talib was a stupid signing yes, However Ward got a fair deal, Terrance Knighton, DRC, Shaun Phillips and Louis Vasquez were all signed for smart deals. Players are taking less to come to Denver which is really beneficial for us. Other than Talib. So really what I'm getting at is Talib is a giant black eye on what was a good run. I understand that we're desperate for an outside corner, but I feel like overpaying Talib is not the best answer our franchise could make.

Dutch is spot on about these signings reeking of desperation, but let's not forget just how good Talib and Ward are. And Ware is the wild card of this situation. He's either going to make this team better or they're going to play him too much and his neck/spinal issues will hinder his performance, yet again. He's a starter, but he's not an every down player anymore. If they signed him as a pass rusher, they need to limit his snaps enough so he can be that pass rusher.

I really want to see Anthony Spencer in Pittsburgh or Baltimore.

Elway took a lot of flack for taking Miller over Dareus. In hindsight that flack looks foolish, but before there were serious concerns. Talib was a stupid signing yes, However Ward got a fair deal, Terrance Knighton, DRC, Shaun Phillips and Louis Vasquez were all signed for smart deals. Players are taking less to come to Denver which is really beneficial for us. Other than Talib. So really what I'm getting at is Talib is a giant black eye on what was a good run. I understand that we're desperate for an outside corner, but I feel like overpaying Talib is not the best answer our franchise could make.

Ware will be making more in 2014 than he would have this year in Dallas coming of the worst season he's ever had. I wouldn't say that is taking less to play for Denver. Lmao.

It's definitely not the long term answer and if they don't win now it'll hurt their team later. These signings are reeking desperation.

I see Sarge beat me to it, but the Broncos really committed to the short term when they brought in a 36 year old QB coming off a neck injury

Nevermind, it appears we have taken a trip on the YOLO train.

Revis to the Pats. 1 year 12 mil.

Dang. Oh well. Not like no one saw this coming. Now all the Pats need to do is get Brady some weapons.

Saffold fails a physical and his deal with the Raiders is off. lolRaiders

Honestly... What's worse, the Raiders being fucking stupid and lucking themselves out of a mediocre player with a bloated contract or the Raiders being fucking stupid and being stuck with a mediocre player with a bloated contract.

This is a Raiders win and LolSaffold, IMO. haha. Even though now the Raiders are pretty fucked at OT. Watch them go sign dogshit Marshall Newhouse or something. Lol

They let Veldheer walk so they could sign Saffold and now they have neither. :rofl:

• Upvote 2

They let Veldheer walk so they could sign Saffold and now they have neither. :rofl:

You're assuming any player would want to resign with them in the first place.

Honestly, I'm not even sure I'd consider a home town mark up to suffer more of that.

The Saffold thing is a win for Oakland really. That was such an awful deal. Probably look back in a year and thank your lucky stars that you got out from under that one.