Tridentdawgpound

2014 MLB Season Thread

The Red Sox fucking suck lol. Sell sell sell

Koji Uehara, John Lackey, Jake Peavy, Stephen Drew, Johnny Gomes, AJ Pierzynski should be gone by the trade deadline.

Edited by BradyFan81

Back to back walk-offs. Very nice!

Not really.

Vazquez will be in the lineup tonight for #RedSox, as will Bradley, Betts and Bogaerts.

Thank god, finally we're gonna start playing the kids more often rather than wasting time with the shitty journeymen. Vazquez isn't a good hitter, supposed to be amazing defensively though. And I'd rather watch young prospects with upside struggle at the plate than shitty veterans who are just depressing to watch.

Edited by BradyFan81

The Phillies make no sense.

Just when they hit rock bottom, they give the NL Central leaders a four-game sweep.

epic-jackie-chan-template.png

McCutchen is a gawd lately.

Phil Gosselin who is a good hit utility type player (both infield and outfield) has been called up by the Braves....is it possible that Dan Uggla is getting waved bye-bye?

I surely hope so.

What the hell am I supposed to do with no baseball for two days?

Watch Johnny Manziel highlights.

Highlights/condensed replays.

2nd half starts tonight. Let's Go Bucs!

The Nats seem to be almost fully healthy and they will force the Braves to be challenged for the rest of the season BUT I think the Braves could prevail if they do a few things (and I expect them to get a wild card even if they don't beat the Nats for the NL East):

1. cut Dan Uggla and use that spot for a decent bench player. one that can be a decent threat off the bench.

2. Evan Gattis is completely recovered from his back injury and hits approximately like he did in the first half of the season.

3. Chris Johnson, Andrelton Simmons, and BJ Upton hit closer to what they did the last 3 weeks before the break than they did before that point.

4. No more major injuries to the pitching staff.

5. they trade for a lefty for the bullpen because Luis Avilan hasn't cut it at all. Possibly James Russell, Wesley Wright or Andrew Miller would all be significant improvements.

THEN they have a very good chance...lol not so much if the majority of those things don't happen.

Let's play ball the all-star break is too long!

You got at least one of your wishes.

The Braves have released 2B Dan Uggla. A corresponding roster move will be made prior to tonight's game.

Now we can use that spot for someone with talent.

Edited by Manziel's Man

Phillies gonna sign Uggla because that's what they do.

LOL I am so glad they did. The corresponding move was they called Phil Gosselin (who was destroying AAA far more than La Stella was) back up but at least he isn't going to strike out almost everytime he pinch hits and he can play defense in case something happens to La Stella. One positive move before the first pitch of the second half comes into play.

edit: could be Tyler Pastornicky instead of Gosselin....but last I heard Pastornicky was hurt in AAA (but had played some 2nd, 3rd and even OF unless I was misinformed).

Edited by southgadawg

Baseball is back! Cardinals are 4-2 without Yadi so far (i am counting the game he got hurt as well, as he only had 1 AB) against the Bucs, Brewers, and (1) Dodgers. if only we could keep that ratio up, we could be in a real good place soon.

LETS GO!

Bucs open up the 2nd half with a sweep of the Rockies. Good stuff.

This thread needs life!

So do the Cardinals!

I'm very ambivalent towards the Phillies right now. Obviously the roster is a bunch of old hacks and we need to rebuild, but the only player who would net us some serious prospects is Hamels, who I feel sad about trading. He's an awesome fucking pitcher, and I have his jersey. :(

We've only been grooming these prospects for years... It's time to trade them all away. :yep:

Trade deadline proposal: Fredi Gonzalez for any manager straight up.