Tridentdawgpound

2014 MLB Season Thread

Tanaka does not look 25 in his picture. Not even close. After having an ERA of infinity, he settled down and started acing.

Indians getting Brantley, Kipnis and Gomes locked up long term is huge win for the front office. Finally they spent money on the young talent.

sSEaXZP.jpg

Bucs takes 2/3 from the Cubs and Cards to start the year. Starting off on a good note. :yep:

Cubs series I give a B- because the lineup sucked dog turds. Had to go to extras to win the two games.

This series I give an A. Any time you beat the Cards 2/3 you probably played your best ball. We have some things to work on, but at this point in the season we played about as well as we could right now.

Glad to see Kennedy have a good day pitching. The Marlins have been owning us, do you guys think they'll be good this year?

Better than last year, but still not good. They won't get 80 wins.

Smoak is smoakin this year so far :smug:

Braves lineup pls.

• Upvote 1

Teams go on offense droughts for a week or so quite often. It's just magnified because it's the first week. Lineup is full of streaky hitters. If even one of them finds a hot streak, we'll be good. Pitching will keep us in just about every game.

Saw a little bit of Yordano Ventura. His fastball is ridiculous, and he has a nice hook and change piece to go along with that high of 101 straight gas.

Teams go on offense droughts for a week or so quite often. It's just magnified because it's the first week. Lineup is full of streaky hitters. If even one of them finds a hot streak, we'll be good. Pitching will keep us in just about every game.

I know this... lol.

I know they have only had a couple of starts, but I can't even begin to express my disappointment in Lance Lynn and Shelby Miller. Maybe Trevor Rosenthal and Carlos Martinex will get a shot at the rotation sooner than expected. Gross.

Smash the Rockies and then get smashed by the Rockies and lose Garica for the year.....

Pedro Alvarez already has 5 HR this year. I knew he was going to erupt this season. :rock:

I give the Pirates a B- for that series with the Cubs. The pitching wasn't really there but the offense woke up with the long ball to make up for it.

On to Milwaukee now.

ChiSox finally snap a 14 game losing streak against the Indians, Jose Abreu has another multi homer game, loving what I am seeing from him early. Also glad to see Alexi starting the season off strong with RBI's.

Looking for a good outing from Liriano tonight.

The Phillies 3-6 record is completely unsurprising. Marlins gon' sweep us. :yep:

Taijuan Walker is ready roll, bitches

Taijuan Walker, Blake Beavan under consideration to start Tuesday against Rangers. Pre-game M's notes: http://www.sportsradiokjr.com/articles/seattle-mariners-289777/walker-beavan-in-consideration-to-start-12247683/

And oh btw.

Best record in the American League: the Seattle Mariners.

/Wacco4Flacco

Edited by BC
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Was in attendance for the game of the year so far. Justin Upton is back, baby.

• Upvote 1

Walker is ready. Hopefully he pitches Tuesday :yep:

• Upvote 1

Speed kills. Jordan Schafer scores from first base on a bloop single by Justin Upton to give the Braves the win in the 10th. No substitute for a great set of wheels.

• Upvote 1