Sign in to follow this  
Omerta

A few questions ?

So just a few questions if the staff would not mind answering. If it is something you think I should not know or should be kept to the management of the site then tell me to kindly fuck off.

How does this site run ? I mean not the coding, and all of that stuff. Is this a place that sits on a server in someones basement, is it proxy ? I have always been curious.

Second how is this site funded ? How can I help ? What are the operating costs ? Really just want to know if prime subscriptions cover it or if donations to keep it up and running are necessary. If so, again, how do I help ?

That about sums it up, if it is private then just tell me it is none of your business and I am cool with it.

Ohhhh, ok...

The actual owners can cover me on the details, but I believe we're part of the invisionfree family of boards, we pay them a monthly rate for the bandwidth and such and we keep our site happy and healthy.

I remember back when we were TheFootballPalace we were owned by some guy who kinda sucked and didn't care about the site.

When we moved, he made J&D the administrator there.

I don't have much of a point for this, that was just funny.

So just a few questions if the staff would not mind answering. If it is something you think I should not know or should be kept to the management of the site then tell me to kindly fuck off.

How does this site run ? I mean not the coding, and all of that stuff. Is this a place that sits on a server in someones basement, is it proxy ? I have always been curious.

This place sits in the server farm of our hosting company. The software is through IPB. The hosting is done elsewhere.

Second how is this site funded ?

F4E and I cover the costs.

How can I help ?

:shrug:

What are the operating costs?

That's classified.

Really just want to know if prime subscriptions cover it or if donations to keep it up and running are necessary. If so, again, how do I help?

Like ATL said, prime subscriptions no longer exist.

Edited by Vin
  • Upvote 2

Thanks Vin, much appreciated.