Sign in to follow this  
Cherry

Starting From Dust: NCAA 14 Coach

So for those of you who aren't familiar, quite a while ago I started a game of NCAA 14 as the offensive coordinator of Syracuse. Blue gave me the suggestion for Syracuse, and I decided that I would grow to become one of the best coaches in college. I'm currently playing on Heisman difficulty, so it isn't exactly an easy ride that I've taken.

In my first year as the OC of Syracuse I managed to take them to an 11-2 record, only losing to Maryland and Florida, Florida in the bowl game. This got me a job offer at the previously struggling Cal.

During my time at Cal as an OC, I began to look into future options. One big job chance that I saw approaching was LSU. Les Miles had been pathetic, getting only one season of bowl eligibility. With a consistent 4-8, I looked to the idea that one day, I could take over the program.

As the OC of Cal we surprised everyone and made a run to the national championship as the #2 seed after Alabama was upset. (Ohio State beat Alabama in the championship the previous year.) We fought the Buckeyes hard to stop them from a repeat, but it was a screen at the end of the game that clinched it. Bigelow broke it free and took it to the house to give Cal the championship.

After that I was hoping to land the job at LSU, but it was still not open, and I was only given opportunities as a small school head coach. I decided to head home to Oxford, Ohio, to take over the University of Miami Ohio Redhawks. Despite no true stars on the team, and a two way mix at QB, we made it to 12-2. Though not ranked, (Ohio actually ranked at #19. We won the MAC championship against easysauce Western Michigan *6-6* though.) we won the GoDaddy bowl against Arkansas State *6-6 :(*

Now Les Miles has been fired from LSU, and I have officially taken the reins for Louisiana State. This is where I'll begin putting down the rest of the info and how the season goes. Thanks for reading, if you've taken the time to bother. Hoping to take LSU farther than anyone ever imagined. Go Tigers!

Starting the season, LSU had quite a frightening beginning. In their first game(Week 2) they played Temple and barely pulled away near the end. While 35-10 doesn't sound like a close matchup, it wasn't until the end of the 3rd quarter that LSU finally started to pull off to win it.

In their second game they took on #8 Texas A&M at College Station. While Kenny Hill, the Aggies QB, gave them problems at first due to his ability to scramble, the Tigers eventually began to shut him down. At the end of the 4th quarter the score was sitting at 31-17 but it wasn't completely closed. A throw during a hit caused Kenny Hill to basically toss the ball up a few years in front of him. Senior Defensive End Frank Herron easily picked it off and ran it back to set up a final score of 38-17. As of now LSU is not ranked, but they are rated a 99 overall team with 99 defense and offense (Only USC and Alabama are equal.) LSU should be in the top ten by the next couple of weeks.

Edited by Chernobyl426