SteVo

Need a new interactive league...

I was having a nostalgia run reliving our days of trolling the Major Leagues (http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/55386-tgp-trolls-career-summary/), and I want to run a new interactive league. They're a lot of fun for me to run, and I think the members enjoy it as long as we have frequent updates.

At present, here are the game capabilities that I can do:

NCAA Football

NCAA Basketball

NFL

NBA

MLB

I'm looking for creative ideas here. The only thing I've come up with is a NCAAF/NFL hybrid. We did this before where we were all together in college and then split up for the pros. Maybe we could reverse it.

What say you, TGPers? :think:

Edited by SteVo

Madden franchise

What about hockey :shrug:

I don't have the games to simulate it, unfortunately. :(

"Here is what I can do as far as leagues go"

"What about (Enter league not listed)?"

Lol.

Some preliminary analysis:

• NBA could be tricky. For the game I have, all created players get one-year contracts by default, so we would only be guaranteed one year together.
  • College hoops would be very much possible, and probably fun, but with the potential of going pro after one year, there's the same risk as above.
  • I am very much intrigued by the idea of two separate teams instead of one. For example, if we do the NFL, we could put one in the NFC, one in the AFC. For football, of course, we would need a lot of sign-ups, but we have a lot of active members here.
Edited by SteVo

Madden

Madden franchise with two teams? Maybe each member creates two players, one on offense, one on defense?

Madden franchise with two teams? Maybe each member creates two players, one on offense, one on defense?

Id be down with that

I'm down for whatever. Maybe add a poll to the top? I also have NHL 14 so I could run an interactive league for that.. just idk if I'm active here enough to keep you fellas happy haha.

• Upvote 1

MLB, do something different.

But for most interaction. Madden is probably the best.

"Here is what I can do as far as leagues go"

"What about (Enter league not listed)?"

Lol.

Didn't see the game capabilities part.

I'd prefer doing something akin to NBA, since it'd be something different, but a two-team NFL sim would probably work.

I know NFL is gaining traction, and I'm certainly not against that (this is The Gridiron Palace, after all), but I just wanted to let you guys know I can customize Dynasty Mode in NCAA Hoops so that players have to play for 4 years. So that's an option.

College with 4 year rule. Will be great to see how far we can go, just don't make us OP as fuck.

Kinda sounds like you, yourself are leaning NFL, Stevo. I say do what YOU want most, as it has the chance of living the longest. :yep:

• Upvote 1

With NFL or NCAA you can't really go wrong.

NFL and NCAA you both get to have more people in a starting role...

thing you could do is do the NCAA for 4 years, and then transfer the players to Madden :yep:

Kinda sounds like you, yourself are leaning NFL, Stevo. I say do what YOU want most, as it has the chance of living the longest. :yep:

I think F4E has a good point here, so it looks like we'll have two separate teams of TGPers invading the NFL in the near future. I'm thinking one in the AFC, one in the NFC, and people can (possibly) create two players to fill space.

My only trepidation with Madden is I'm using a very old game, and its progression system is seriously messed up.

Edited by SteVo