SteVo

Knights of Andreas: General Info Thread

Where are we located? LA. We're a star-studded lineup that has a bunch of celebrities come to our games because they have nothing better to do with their money.

What's our team name? Knights (since we're called the Gridiron Palace?)

Jersey colors? Silver and Gold...Silver and Gold.

Okay guys, I think we've got a good core coaching staff as well as an owner and GM, so let's see some players. Based on Zack's original suggestion we're running a 3-4 defense. :yep:

Briggs Randall - Rookie Linebacker out of USC

Pick one.

Briggs Randall

football is won in the trenches so I'll pick Center. I'll be the veteran who is a bit of a hard ass who blocks for mav guys.

Name Brian Penner

Edited by monstersofthemidway

I am not the protagonist of this film. I am the old bastard at Inside Linebacker who talks smack and slays the pussy. I'll defend any of my teammates, but won't be afraid to call them out on their BS.

Name: Marlon Martin. Nickname: Tintin

Edited by RagerStarDestroyerofWorlds

Loving the character bios I'm getting so far, except Trident's, which was suited for another genre. Having said that...

The head coach position is open. :yep:

Logan Bishop, TE.

So far we've got the following characters created by TGP members. I'd like to add as many players as possible in addition to an owner and head coach.

-General Manager: Chance Phillips

-Defensive Coordinator: Merle Harden

-Quarterback: Jonathan Maverick

-Wide Receiver: Alex McBadger

-Tight End: Logan Bishop

-Center: Brian Penner

-Outside Linebacker: Zack Grantzinger

-Inside Linebacker: Briggs Randall

-Inside Linebacker: Marlon Martin

-Cornerback: Mailk Rose

-Safety: Chet Ripka

-Drunk Fan: Jay Cooper

You're a teacher and you left out the answer key, noob. :D

Since not all of us are using our names and I tend to forget which players are whatever member:

-General Manager: Chance Phillips - Sarge

-Defensive Coordinator: Merle Harden - BwareDware

-Quarterback: Jonathan Maverick - Maverick

-Wide Receiver: Alex McBadger - badgers

-Tight End: Logan Bishop - Vin

-Center: Brian Penner - monstersofthemidway

-Outside Linebacker: Zack Grantzinger -Zack_of_Steel

-Inside Linebacker: Briggs Randall - Chernobyl426

-Inside Linebacker: Marlon Martin - RazorStar

-Cornerback: Mailk Rose - ATL

-Safety: Chet Ripka - GA_Eagle

-Drunk Fan: Jay Cooper - Barracuda

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 1

You could have just edited my post. :nonono:

I'll be the other outside LB Sean Brock 51. Just kind of loosely base me off my TGP persona. I'd like to be from Temple, low round draft pick that becomes a starter and says a lot of crazy shit and has a lot of off field issues. Persona on the field would be like a mix of John Randle, Brian Dawkins and Ricky Williams haha. I think I could be a good character. Same age as I am, 24. They keep me though because me and Zack rack up the sacks :yep:

WR #81 - Da'Jamiroquai "D-Jam" Jefferspin-Wilkes

High draft pick mega-diva. Supreme talent, no brain. Hates McBadgers "stealing his balls."

Im In

Jerome Jaxson - Small College RB that was going to be picked first round till a serious ACL tear and went in in round 7. Had a lot to prove.

I will join up if still room. Can't do any profile thing until after i get off work tonight.

:lol:

Tonight is the last night to claim a character in the story! For now, anyway; more characters will be added later. After tonight I'll start solidifying character profiles and I'll have some teasers for you guys. Expect "episodes" to start rolling out soon after that.

I will join up if still room. Can't do any profile thing until after i get off work tonight.

That's fine.

Current sign-up list:

-General Manager: Chance Phillips - Sarge

-Head Coach: Caden Daniel - F4E
-Defensive Coordinator: Merle Harden - BwareDware

-Quarterback: Jonathan Maverick - Maverick
-Running Back: Jerome Jaxson - Bangy
-Wide Receiver: Alex McBadger - badgers
-Wide Receiver: Da'Jamiroquai Jefferspin-Wilkes - theMileHighGuy
-Tight End: Logan Bishop - Vin
-Center: Brian Penner - monstersofthemidway

-Defensive End: Sam Luck - eightnine
-Outside Linebacker: Zack Grantzinger -Zack_of_Steel
-Inside Linebacker: Briggs Randall - Chernobyl426
-Inside Linebacker: Marlon Martin - RazorStar
-Outside Linebacker: Sean Brock - seanbrock
-Cornerback: Mailk Rose - ATL
-Safety: Chet Ripka - GA_Eagle

-Drunk Fan: Jay Cooper - Barracuda

Edited by SteVo

No HC is gonna be awkward.

Marshall Law received his first coaching job as a community service sentence (think Gordon Bombay). He is a Desert Storm veteran with severe PTSD who lost his cool and tried to eat some little kid’s dog. His first team was a group of fourth graders, and they were awful. Marshall Law never let them forget that. His abrasive nature pushed almost all of his players to quit the team, and the few who stayed became exceptionally violent and all ended up in jail at some point. Needless to say, the recreational league decided that his aggressive style just wouldn’t work for the kids. Luckily for Marshall, the AD from the local high school was in attendance for his last game, and he decided that that style was exactly what his team needed.

He took over a prep school with a prestigious program. Parents with football dreams for their kids would flock to the area to enroll their kids there. They came out of the gates rolling, trouncing every measly opponent who stood in their path. The team had won the county title, and was a heavy favorite to win State. That is, until, it all came crashing down.

His star player was a senior linebacker named Trent Thompson. Trent was the homecoming king, class president, and was going full ride to USC to continue his football career. The true all-American kid. Being the leader that he was, Trent decided to fire up his teammates with a speech before their first state playoff game.

“Gentlemen,” he exclaimed, “you ready to go to WAR?!?”

The flashbacks hit Marshall Law like a ton of bricks. He shivered in his seat as a cold sweat covered him from head to toe. It was like he was back in Iraq with his platoon. “NO,” he shouted, “DON’T KILL PAULIE! PLEASE, LEAVE HIM BE! NOOOOOOOOOO, PAUUUUUUUUUULIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!!!!!”

He looked to the front of the room he was in. Standing on the bench, he saw one of them. A tango. One of the ones who killed Paulie. Marshall Law leaped across the room and bashed the Arab’s head against the wall. He stared at the enemy’s brains that coated his hand, and cracked a smile. It was over. He had won.

The transition back to reality quickly destroyed his sense of triumph. On the floor, dead, lay all-American kid Trent Thompson. The team was still in the room, all of their mouths wide in astonishment. Coach Law had just killed his star player.

Life as a fugitive was difficult for Marshall. He could never stay in one place for too long, and coaching was the only value he had to society. How could a man like him stay out of the public eye? He was driving in a stolen car listening to a stolen Chumbawumba mixtape when his opportunity appeared.

The flier read “Oakland Raiders hiring. Waterboy wanted.”

It was perfect. He could be around the game, and with the Raiders, he would be only one violent criminal out of dozens. Finally, for the first time in six years, he could settle in one place and attempt to live a normal life.

Al Davis quickly took a liking to his new waterboy. “I like you, Marshall,” he once said to him.

He was in the organization for eight years, and in that time shared the sidelines with twenty-six different head coaches. One by one, NFL teams began realizing how many coaches that Marshall Law had been around, and he became the biggest prize on the coaching market.

Marshall Law was always an intense guy. He tells his players about the Trent Thompson incident on a daily basis, to scare them into submission. He doesn’t care who the players are, just that they know he once smashed a linebacker’s head into a wall. His intense and militaristic style will, one day, make him one of the all time greats.

^ Rejected though

No HC is gonna be awkward.

Not necessarily.

I'll be Sam Luck, the defensive end. Well rounded player, and person. No off-field issues. Well liked by the town. Humanitarian.

Im In

Jerome Jaxson - Small College RB that was going to be picked first round till a serious ACL tear and went in in round 7. Had a lot to prove.

lolbangyblimp.png

For some reason I think you'd be a better fit as the team blimp :doge:

Touche ATL Touche.

That said an color commentator based on me could be amazing.

Sent in... That took longer than expected. :shifty:

And...we're done. No longer accepting new characters. Now we all need to decide on some background.

Personally, I think the team should be located in Los Angeles, but which franchise moved there? Given the history of TGP it would be appropriately funny (or humorously appropriate?) if the Bills or Jags moved, but that would create logistic problems regarding the divisions in the AFC. The most geographically convenient thing would be to move the Raiders or Chargers.

Thoughts?

Dump the Chargers so we don't have to deal with Phuckin' Phil Rivers. :D