SteVo

Knights of Andreas: General Info Thread

It actually happened last year tho :rog:

It actually happened last year tho :rog:

That is correct. Those standings aren't random. They're just modified slightly based on ramifications of our KoA universe (who the Knights/Raiders beat is the most obvious difference). In the case of the NFC, I think it's the exact same.

KoA has flown by.

Pretty crazy.

Damn, I missed a lot. This looks like it's been fun.

Damn, I missed a lot. This looks like it's been fun.

Never too late to jump on board!

• Upvote 1

We come to it at last (or already?), the last regular season chapter of Part IV. Here's your teaser and standings heading into the final two weeks.

Teaser:

Ch. 51 - Shining Through Clouds

The Knights are 10-4 heading into week 16, but they're in the middle of a frenzied playoff race in the AFC. Nothing is guaranteed. Their final two games are a home game against Buffalo, and a road trip to Denver.

Schneider works on a contract extension for Phillips. McKenzie deals with a strange situation on offense. The legal drama surrounding Rose reaches a breaking point. Most importantly, Jonathan Maverick reenters the lineup for the first time since week 1. Will Maverick be a catalyst for another deep playoff run, or will his return be too late?

Word Count: 4,949

Standings:

AFC East AFC North AFC South AFC West

NE 11-3 CIN 9-4-1 IND 10-4 LA 10-4

BUF 8-6 BAL 9-5 HOU 7-7 DEN 9-5

MIA 6-8 PIT 9-5 TEN 2-12 SD 8-6

NYJ 2-12 CLE 7-7 JAX 2-12 KC 7-7

NFC East NFC North NFC South NFC West

DAL 10-4 DET 10-4 NO 6-8 ARZ 11-3

PHI 9-5 GB 10-4 CAR 5-8-1 SEA 10-4

NYG 5-9 MIN 6-8 ATL 4-10 SF 7-7

WAS 3-11 CHI 5-9 TB 2-12 STL 5-9

Woohoo! Onto the AFC Championship Game for the second year in a row. But this time, we get to play our old coach, Caden Daniel. Ok, it was only a matter of time before this happened right? Either way, prepare yourselves...

Ch. 53 - The Battle of San Andreas

Chet Ripka returns to the Knights, and to the National Football League, while Phillips and Schneider initiate their search for a new assistant GM. But these events are merely a build-up to the AFC Championship Game at Farmers Field. Knights vs. Chargers, Harden vs. Daniel. Football fans expect a fierce rivalry, but they get a football game that will be talked about for years.

Word Count: 6,518*

*Well, last week's record-breaking word count only holds the record for one week. Set some time aside before you read this one, folks. Despite the best efforts of Bware and I, we couldn't find much to cut.

• Upvote 2

Ok, here's your penultimate teaser of Part IV! Again, we get a chapter that covers the two week build-up to the big game, then a chapter dealing with the Super Bowl exclusively.

Ch. 54 - What Happens Next

The Knights deal with fallout from a brutal AFC Championship Game. Phillips gets creative to solve the Knights' looming salary cap problems. The Knights experience a less dramatic media week in their second consecutive Super Bowl. It all leads up to Super Bowl XLIX between the Green Bay Packers and Los Angeles Knights.

Word Count: 4,509

• Upvote 1

I'm just curious here, SteVo, but is there any reason why in this universe the Packers hold onto the onside kick? Some sort of butterfly effect from something else? Or did you just not want a rematch or something.

I'm just curious here, SteVo, but is there any reason why in this universe the Packers hold onto the onside kick? Some sort of butterfly effect from something else? Or did you just not want a rematch or something.

I considered a Seahawks/Knights rematch versus Packers/Knights and felt the latter had more narrative potential. I also liked the mild surprise after there seemed to be a subtle build-up that there would be a rematch. There's also some sentimental value in Packers/Knights because of a certain game played in 2011.

No formal teaser this week, as I don't want to reveal details of the game, so, suffice it to say...THREE DAYS!

Super Bowl XLIX

Green Bay Packers vs. Los Angeles Knights

University of Phoenix Stadium

Glendale, Arizona

• Upvote 1

No formal teaser this week, as I don't want to reveal details of the game, so, suffice it to say...THREE DAYS!

Super Bowl XLIX

Green Bay Packers vs. Los Angeles Knights

University of Phoenix Stadium

Glendale, Arizona

:rock: I don't mind the lack of a teaser, as it's more exciting that way!

I cannot wait for this moment. :devious:

24 hours :panic: :panic: :panic:

:panic: :panic: :panic:

Never too late to jump on board!

How do I jump in, haws?

Nude super bowl streaker, Kevo.

• Upvote 1

Nude super bowl streaker, Kevo.

I'm DTF with that.

:( We lost the chance for the nude streaker. Edited by Chernobyl426

We had nude Jay Cooper tho. Was that not enough? ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Calling all readers!!!

No spoilers in this post. If you haven't read the Super Bowl chapter, get on it!

Now that Part IV has ended, I am planning the next installment. Sadly, I cannot do that without planning the ending of Knights of Andreas as a whole. The plan remains two more seasons, so I want to take my time in outlining both Parts V and VI to make sure the series gets a proper conclusion.

If you have any ideas about how KoA should end, anything at all, please shoot me a PM. This can be an overall story arc or just an idea related to your character.

I will be reaching out to some of you individually over the coming days, but I want to encourage all readers to provide ideas. Heck, just use this thread to throw out some of your favorite chapters, or favorite themes. "I like the chapters where _________ the best," "I think we need more chapters of __________," etc.

I thank all of you for your contributions and look forward to seeing what you all have to say.

Next season: The Knights lose the Super Bowl to Carolina.

Season after that: The Knights go 2-14. Harden is fired mid season for alcohol abuse again.

Final scene is Merle Harden overdosing on alcohol reminiscing about the glory days. *fade to black*

• Upvote 2