SteVo

Knights of Andreas: General Info Thread

Quite honestly, I feel like epilogues don't always serve a purpose. I mean, I'm glad there's an epilogue to the HP series because Rowling ended the 7th novel very very poorly, imo.

However, I would be interested in a mostly non-football epilogue, such as what happens between Mav and Trish? Does Merle return to drinking? Does Brock end up out of football because of his attitude? Does Flash end up taking his career elsewhere? Etc.

• Upvote 1

For sure epilogue detailing what happens with all the characters :smug:

Asking again for Part VI: who wants to see weekly stats for their character as the season progresses?

Also, any other suggestions for little things I can add to make things more fun for you guys?

• Upvote 1

I'd love to see an epilogue, for sure, dealing with how they did in the NFL and outside of it.

As far as stats, I'd love to see Watson's, if you want to spend the time on it. But its fine if you don't either. Really enjoying reading KoA every Friday.

• Upvote 1

Really enjoying reading KoA every Friday.

That really, really means a lot, Than. It's crazy to think this is almost over, but I'm looking forward to posting this final installment to see what you guys think!

Awwwww yiss!

Four weeks from now, we'll have new KoA to read. :yes:

In the meantime, who wants stats for their player? So far I've just got Randall and Watson.

• Upvote 1

Aye.

Can't wait to see how Stevo writes my character getting repeatedly owned this year :yao:

I personally would like to see stats for everyone though. I'm invested in a lot of characters. Love Harden and Penner. Love Phillips. Mav's character is good and Cholly's too. Vin Zack and Razor's character's are good too.

I think for the plot it would be pretty interesting to keep Brock and Vin on the same team though as far as his expiring contract goes.

• Upvote 1

Stats are somewhat a pain in the ass, but maybe there's something else I can post as supplemental material. Scoring summaries for each game? Recaps written by Javad?

Edit: Just thinking about it, the Javad-written recaps would be fun. But I'll let you guys decide.

Edited by SteVo

Ok, we're less than three weeks out, so it's time for some teasers. Here's an idea of what you guys can expect in Part VI. No plot spoilers, but I'll put it in tags anyway.

The biggest difference you'll notice in Part VI, I think, is a greater sense of focus within the narrative. Part V, true to the type of season the Knights had, was very chaotic. Each chapter, especially towards the end, was a jumbled mess of various plots, and deliberately so. Part VI will be different. I believe KoA is at its best when it focuses on a small number of characters at a time, and I want to get back to that. Think Part II, when each chapter honed in on 2-3 characters, but still served the greater narrative over the course of the season.

The first chapter of Part VI begins a few days before the Knights' 2016 season starts, which means we will gradually get caught up on offseason events, though not by flashback (more on that later). Regarding the chapter format, Part VI will resume the format of Parts III and IV (10 regular season chapters), with two additional chapters: a concluding, "finale" chapter to wrap everything up, followed by an epilogue. So, Part VI will be between 12 and 17 chapters total, depending on if the Knights make the playoffs and how far they go.

Finally, you'll see a narrative technique return in Part VI: flashbacks. These won't be to fill in the gap between Parts V and VI, but to dive into the characters themselves. We've already done this for pretty much every character, mostly focusing on exactly how they became Knights. But for a few, there are more stories I want to tell, moments I want to visit. Not every character will get one, and they will be sporadic throughout the season. Still, these flashbacks will accomplish a few things:

• Parallel the flashback-heavy Part I, providing a nice bookend structure to the series as a whole
  • Add a touch of nostalgia to this set of concluding chapters as we say farewell to our characters
  • Solidify character arcs by showing us just how far some of our players and coaches have come
  • Give me an excuse to feed my irrational love of narrative flashback and italicized font

Still to come over the next few weeks: a look at the team's contract/salary cap situation going into the 2016 offseason, the Knights' 2016 schedule, and the official teaser for Chapter 66.

• Upvote 2

Stevo, finished catching up on the story today. I know I was quite a bit behind but I like to binge my stuff. Excellent job man. This has taken a lot of work and commitment. Thank you. Can't wait for the new season.

• Upvote 1

My pleasure. Thanks for reading. MHG is a binger too so I expect he'll be caught up in a few weeks.

16 days :ooo:

Two weeks out! Time for a look at the Knights salary cap situation going into the 2016 season. I've typed up some highlights here, plus there's an Excel spreadsheet with our entire 52-man roster on it. (This will show you the results of Phillips' offseason maneuvering in the early chapters of Part V, as well.)

All figures are current as of January 3, 2016 (when the Knights' 2015 season ended).

Players with Expiring Contracts

Free agents as of March 9, 2016

RB Marcus Jameson

WR Alex Johnson

RG Kevin Zeitler

NT Damian Jones

FS Griswold Johnson

P Shane Lechler

Players Entering Contract Year in 2016

WR Joseph Watson

C Brian Penner

OLB Sean Brock

SS Robert Schwinn

Top Contacts

1) QB Jonathan Maverick - $126.6M

2) WR Da'Jamiroquai Jefferspin-Wilkes - $75M

3) ILB Briggs Randall - $63.8M

4) OLB Zack Grantzinger - $40.6M

5) OG Chase Grodd - $38M

Top Salary Cap Hits, 2016

1) QB Jonathan Maverick - $19.3M

2) WR Da'Jamiroquai Jefferspin-Wilkes - $12.0M

3) ILB Briggs Randall - $9.14M

4) OLB Sean Brock - $8.95M

5) DE Sam Luck - $8.0M

KoA Salary Table.xlsx

• Upvote 1

Los Angeles Knights 2016 Schedule

1. @ :Saints:
  2. :Falcons:
  3. @ :Titans:
  4. @ :jags:
  5. :Jets: [TNF]
  6. :Chiefs:
  7. @ :Chargers:
  8. @ :Bucs: [sNF]
  9. Bye Week
  10. :Broncos:
  11. :Texans: [MNF]
  12. :panthers:
  13. @ :Chiefs:
  14. @ :Broncos:
  15. @ :Steelers: [sNF]
  16. :Colts:
  17. :Chargers:
  • Upvote 1

Steve the ammount of of depth you put into this story is really great man. I know it's a labor of love but I know I speak for everyone when I say we really appreciate it man. You've grown a lot as a writer through this too. Hats off to you and Go Eagles ha.

• Upvote 1

Really appreciate it, Sean. And I know others feel similarly. It has been a lot of fun to put together, and I hope everyone enjoys the final ride!

Last call if you want player stats for this season. So far I've just got Bishop, Watson, Randall, and Brock.

And so it begins...first teaser of Part VI, for this Friday's chapter. Teasers will likely be much lighter this year, hardly revealing anything, so don't expect much. :smug:

Ch. 66 - Title TBA

After a lost season and a long offseason, the Knights try to pick up the pieces in an opening game that will test their secondary, perhaps the roster's biggest weakness in 2015.

Games featured:

• Week 1, @Saints, 10AM PST

Word Count: 5,372

• Upvote 1

Whoa, we're one day away???

I may not log on again until tomorrow, so I wanted to get this out of the way now. Once again, much thanks to everyone who contributed to this project. I know I'm doing the writing, but it is only entertaining because of the characters you guys came up with. As a writer, it truly has been a pleasure to have Knights of Andreas as a project over the last few years. I hope everyone has likewise enjoyed logging on and reading these chapters every Friday, even if it's just 10 minutes of fictional entertainment. I consider TGP a special place, and I like to think KoA has played a small role in that greatness, if only for those who read it. I hope you all continue to enjoy the experience as the final season begins.

A special thanks to the core of readers who have stuck around since the beginning (you know who you are) and to Bware for his immeasurable contributions to the story. I am quite certain I would have screwed up the ending without his input.

Go Knights. :towel:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QK2KB8nhNGs

• Upvote 2