SteVo

Knights of Andreas: General Info Thread

"Watch as the Knights go 0-16 and everyone gets fired"

Spoilers, Razor!

Razor :pls:

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 1

Just so you guys know, there will be some other mini-teasers for Part IV in the coming weeks, as we count down to December 11th. So yeah, this is a teaser for other teasers.

Yo dawg... :yao:

• Upvote 1

Ok, so here's a breakdown of what you can expect in Part IV from a writing perspective. This does include some minor plot spoilers, so read at your own risk:

• A whole new narrative dynamic. Finally, the Knights are no longer a struggling, up-and-coming franchise. After a breakthrough season, they’re considered top contenders in the AFC, so their perception has gone through a complete transformation in the eyes of the NFL.
  • The same chapter-by-chapter structure. In other words, ten regular season chapters plus playoff chapters one week at a time (if we make it). I think I found a sweet spot in Part III. Average word count per chapter has gone up from 3,075 in Part I to 3,832 in Part II to 4,797 in Part III, but I would only expect a slight jump this time, with most chapters averaging around 5,000 words.
  • Some love for minor characters. Though we’ve seen them in action, we’ll finally get some backstory and development for Marcus Jameson (BigBen’s character) and Joseph Watson (Thanatos), plus Bobby Schwinn (FartWaffles), who never appeared in Part III.
  • Consistent, developmental character arcs. Remember how, in Part II, certain storylines got developed initially but never went anywhere? Jaxson dating Daniel’s daughter, Ripka’s concussion cover-up, etc. My focus on Part IV is to create arcs that develop properly and offer some sort of resolution. As a teaser, Harden’s alcohol trouble and Rose’s mysterious past will both be explored before Part IV is over.
  • One very interesting chapter. You’ll know it when it happens, but Part IV will feature a chapter I’ve been planning for a while. It will undoubtedly be the most polarizing installment of the series so far.
  • A fast start. Recall how, in Part III, we started week one, but there were so many flashbacks to cover offseason events, it took a while for the narrative to pick up steam. I’ve got a way around that this time around, and Part IV hits the ground running.

In the next few weeks I'll post a list of impending free agents as well as the Knight's 2014 schedule. Less than three weeks away...

Edited by SteVo
  • Upvote 2

:ooo:

Jags again. :ooo:

A week and a half out! Next Monday you'll have your first official teaser for chapter 42, if you can believe we've made it that far. In the meantime, here's your last quasi-teaser, a list of Knights with contracts set to expire, as well as those entering contract years in 2014 (the season that Part IV will cover). As you can see, the next year is going to be a very interesting one.

All figures are current as of the day after the Knights' Super Bowl loss to Seattle.

Notable Knights with Expiring Contracts

OC Tom Everett

RB Jerome Jaxson

LT Jared Veldheer

C Brian Penner

RT Khalif Barnes

LE Sam Luck

K Sebastian Janikowski

Notable Knights Entering Contract Year in 2014

GM Chance Phillips

HC Merle Harden

QB Jonathan Maverick

WR Alex Johnson

TE Logan Bishop

ILB Briggs Randall*

ILB Marlon Martin

CB Richard Marshall

SS Sebastian Stevenson

*has 5th-year option for 2015

Edited by SteVo

:no:

Edited by Vin

In the morning!

I'm actually a day late with teasers for this Friday, but I have to wait until I get home for the word count...and other surprises. :ooo:

In the meantime, here's an offseason recap. A lot of stuff happened that was covered in that 1,000-word montage to open Part IV, so this is what you need to know about the Knights roster. If you haven't read yet, get on it!

Offseason Highlights

• Tom Everett did not re-sign, taking an OC job with the Bengals instead. Left scrambling to replace him, the Knights hired Ronald "Mac" McKenzie, who coached under Harden at North Dakota State.
  • Jerome Jaxson signed with the Chargers, leaving Marcus Jameson the clear #1 running back. The Knights signed 2 UDFAs at the position, whom we haven't seen yet, named Banks and NesSmith.
  • Logan Bishop got a long-term contract and is now signed through 2018.
  • Brian Penner signed a 3-year deal with the Knights, intending to retire with the team.
  • The Knights lost both offensive tackles to free agency and replaced them with two rookies, Tristan Adams (first-round pick) and Evan Fowler (second-round pick).
  • Sam Luck signed a 4-year deal with the Knights, leaving some money on the table to do so.
  • The Knights are returning all 11 starters on defense from 2013.
  • D-Jam and Malik Rose held out from OTAs but not training camp, hoping for new contracts.
  • Sebastian Janikowski signed with the Lions. We don't yet know who the Knights new kicker is.
  • The Knights hired Michal Keegan, a front office statistics guy. We don't yet know his exact title or how he contributes to the organization.
  • Merle Harden received a contract extension, though Chance Phillips did not.

Chance gonna get the boot for throwing chairs. RIP Knights.