BJORN

Your 1st round draft cluster,,,,,who should your team draft and why?

I know we have quite a few mocks but I was just looking to see who you guys want your teams to draft and the reasons behind it.

:Chargers:

1. Xavier Sua Filo, OG

2. Louis Nix, DT

3. Kony Ealy/Attoachu, OLB

4. Gilbert/Dennard/Fuller, CB

XSF is not a popular pick for the Chargers....(maybe even a reach?) but I still feel as if our offensive line needs to be bolstered. I worry about our line holding up against the likes of Seattle, SF, and Arizona this year. And quite frankly, I love the thought of Fluker and XSF working together.

Nix, on the other hand, would be BPA if he falls to us and I view DT as our biggest need on defense with Cam Thomas gone. Luiget, Nix, and Reyes would be a strong line moving forward.

CB and OLB are also needs for us, I actually have a second round grade on Ford and think Attaochu is widely underrated based on some of the tape I have watched of him. Gilbert/Dennard probably won't fall to us, Fuller is next best IMO. (I rate the corners over Attoachu, aside from maybe Fuller, but I like Kony over all of the CBs hence the order).

• Upvote 1

Sammy Watkins at 4 and a QB at 26 if one of the top 4 guys falls. If they insist on the QB at 4 then get someone like Su'a-Filo at 26.

• Upvote 1

#1/R1. Jadeveon Clowney. DE/OLB Texans need some extra pass rush badly. That will indirectly help all aspects of their D.

#33/R2. Jimmy Garoppolo. QB is a no brainer for Texans and Jimmy G has a lot of potential. (The top four have gone already)

#65/R3. Joel Bitonio RT Texans Oline was shown up last season so a quality healthy olineman is a necessity.

#97/R4. Marcus Roberson CB Our secondary was also second rate last season.

R4 (comp.) Justin Ellis DT Texans have taken two backups from FA, but now need a front liner. High effort guy.

#129/R5. Andrew Jackson ILB Small school wonder. His tackling technique is nigh perfect and rushes well also.

Each one of these picks is a need. There are others but these are the biggies.

Edited by Wattafan

CJ Mosley, though I doubt he falls that far. I've seen him as high as 12 in some mocks. Ryan Shazier I wouldn't necessarily be upset with. We at least need to add an ILB early even if we d give the first starting shot to Nate Irving. I could also see us going Sua Filo if he makes it down there, or even a CB like Jason Verrett.

Sammy Watkins at 4 and a QB at 26 if one of the top 4 guys falls. If they insist on the QB at 4 then get someone like Su'a-Filo at 26.

Browns and Rams both have a great opportunity to greatly improve in this draft.

If Browns hit on a winner with a QB they will be trouble.

Rams need a big time weapon for Bradshaw and if Watkins is it, they too will be dangerous next season.

Both these teams are only one or two pieces from championship seasons - maybe not SB, but divisional for sure.

1. Anthony Barr OLB - If he miraculously last until 22, I'd be hype if we got him. Most people here aren't high on him here but I'm not with the majority. He's a little raw but he is an absolute athletic freak and his motor is ridiculous. Those issues people are knit picking with him can easily be coached up. I think Chip with Billy Davis, who coached up our defense going from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and seeing improvement throughout the year will be able to coach him. He's an outstanding talent. Eagles are in a serious need of a pass rush being our most important need. Our safeties were bad but a lot of those big play passes happened because we got no pressure. Our lack of pass rush resulted in a lot of big plays.

2. Odell Beckham WR - I've grown rather fond of Beckham. I've been preaching the Eagles need a big body receiver and that I'm tired of small guys but Beckham plays like a big receiver. He makes great contested catches snatching the ball out the air, good hands, explosive after the catch getting a lot of YAC, not a bad route runner and he also specializing in returning kicks. He's a diverse play maker and Chip knows what to do with these guys. He's a playmaker. I wouldn't say WR is pressing need for the Eagles even with Desean gone but if Maclin or Cooper go down, we are thin. Odell is a talented player and can play outside and be really effective in the slot which would be great for our offense. I like him more than Marqise Lee who looks fragile, not feeling Cooks who is just another fast short guy (think Odell is the better all around receiver) and I want the Eagles to stay as far away from Benjamin.

3. C.J Mosley ILB - Great instinctive LB, very physical, can shed blocks, very explosive and a downhill tackler, good anticipation against the run, can lay the wood and set the tempo for the defense, and good in coverage. I think C.J Mosley is a future pro bowl caliber player and I think he can be an impact player at his position. We need a real ILB. Demeco is getting old and out of scheme and Mychal Kendricks is extremely inconsistent.

4. Calvin Pryor S - I think Pryor is a stud and the best safety in the draft. He is a physical and explosive hitter, pretty good instincts and can cover the field pretty well (range wise). He instantly makes our team better.

5. Jeremiah Attachou OLB - I like Attachou more than other prospects that are projected before him like Dee Ford and Ealy. He has a good burst and excels on his first step, I like his pass rush moves and he has a motor to where it seems he tunnel visions on the ball. If the Eagles trade back later in the first round, I'd want them to get Attachou.

Allen Robinson is the player that is realistically within the Eagles grasp and want him more than any other player at the moment lol. He is a big body physical receiver that can beat press on the outside, outstanding leaping ability and attacks the ball at its high point, breaks tackles, explosive after the catch and has great vision and acceleration. He's also a sufficient route runner. I'm high on Robinson and think he will be a star in this league. I really would like the Eagles to trade out the first round and get this guy.

Edited by dutchff7
  • Upvote 1

CJ Mosley, though I doubt he falls that far. I've seen him as high as 12 in some mocks. Ryan Shazier I wouldn't necessarily be upset with. We at least need to add an ILB early even if we d give the first starting shot to Nate Irving. I could also see us going Sua Filo if he makes it down there, or even a CB like Jason Verrett.

Some real nasty up front with RaShead Hageman would also be good for Broncs.

I am hoping he falls to #33 for the Texans. :dance:

• Upvote 1

My order of preference for the Texans' #1 overall pick...

1. Teddy Bridgewater

2. Jadeveon Clowney

3. Khalil Mack

4. Johnny Manziel

Odell Beckham is gonna go much higher on draft day then people think.

I want either Manziel, Bridgewater, Evans or Watkins. The rest would be meh at #7.

Edited by Bucman

My order of preference for the Texans' #1 overall pick...

1. Teddy Bridgewater

2. Jadeveon Clowney

3. Khalil Mack

4. Johnny Manziel

This is actually how I would see it if I were a Texans fan, well minus Johnny @ #4. Not that I don't like him, I just don't rate him as a first rounder. I think improved QB play which, Bridgewater would bring, would immediately change the Texans' fortunes. They could contend in that division.

Mack, Clowney, Matthews at 6.

Anyone else...and I will not be pleased

Let's say all are gone by #6. What do you want them to do?

1. Calvin Pryor: I think he has more potential than Clinton-Dix and has better chance of falling to Green Bay. He reminds me of Earl Thomas and could start day 1 at FS, allowing Burnett to go back to SS.

2. Louis Nix III: Raji is not the solution, so a NT is needed. Nix would fill that void quite nicely and improve the run defense.

3. C.J. Mosley: Our ILBs blow so Mosley would be a nice addition. Could come in a become leader and improve the defense rather than bouncing off ballcarriers like Hawk.

• Upvote 1

Let's say all are gone by #6. What do you want them to do?

Trade back.

Picks in this draft at any round are valuable. I'd be happy if we could trade back just far enough to get Ebron Or Robinson. Very big on both. Robinson just has a little work to do in the passing game.

Ideally, I want us to grab Mack or Clowney, and if not, we go OT to fix that monstrosity. I think we can pickup a solid pass rusher *coughs* Attaouchu *coughs* in the early second with our pick..and with hopefully two thirds we can pickup a guy like Marcus Smith and a quality safety.

Watkins, Mack, Clowney, Bridgewater

That's interesting. You didn't go BPA (unless you think Watkins > Clowney) and you didn't do team needs unless you think WR is needed more than a QB. Seeing as though you're addressing offense first, what made you choose a WR over a QB? Is it because you believe (which I do as well) that Watkins a safer pick over a QB?

1. Anthony Barr OLB - If he miraculously last until 22, I'd be hype if we got him. Most people here aren't high on him here but I'm not with the majority. He's a little raw but he is an absolute athletic freak and his motor is ridiculous. Those issues people are knit picking with him can easily be coached up. I think Chip with Billy Davis, who coached up our defense going from a 4-3 to a 3-4 and seeing improvement throughout the year will be able to coach him. He's an outstanding talent. Eagles are in a serious need of a pass rush being our most important need. Our safeties were bad but a lot of those big play passes happened because we got no pressure. Our lack of pass rush resulted in a lot of big plays.

2. Odell Beckham WR - I've grown rather fond of Beckham. I've been preaching the Eagles need a big body receiver and that I'm tired of small guys but Beckham plays like a big receiver. He makes great contested catches snatching the ball out the air, good hands, explosive after the catch getting a lot of YAC, not a bad route runner and he also specializing in returning kicks. He's a diverse play maker and Chip knows what to do with these guys. He's a playmaker. I wouldn't say WR is pressing need for the Eagles even with Desean gone but if Maclin or Cooper go down, we are thin. Odell is a talented player and can play outside and be really effective in the slot which would be great for our offense. I like him more than Marqise Lee who looks fragile, not feeling Cooks who is just another fast short guy (think Odell is the better all around receiver) and I want the Eagles to stay as far away from Benjamin.

3. C.J Mosley ILB - Great instinctive LB, very physical, can shed blocks, very explosive and a downhill tackler, good anticipation against the run, can lay the wood and set the tempo for the defense, and good in coverage. I think C.J Mosley is a future pro bowl caliber player and I think he can be an impact player at his position. We need a real ILB. Demeco is getting old and out of scheme and Mychal Kendricks is extremely inconsistent.

4. Calvin Pryor S - I think Pryor is a stud and the best safety in the draft. He is a physical and explosive hitter, pretty good instincts and can cover the field pretty well (range wise). He instantly makes our team better.

5. Jeremiah Attachou OLB - I like Attachou more than other prospects that are projected before him like Dee Ford and Ealy. He has a good burst and excels on his first step, I like his pass rush moves and he has a motor to where it seems he tunnel visions on the ball. If the Eagles trade back later in the first round, I'd want them to get Attachou.

Allen Robinson is the player that is realistically within the Eagles grasp and want him more than any other player at the moment lol. He is a big body physical receiver that can beat press on the outside, outstanding leaping ability and attacks the ball at its high point, breaks tackles, explosive after the catch and has great vision and acceleration. He's also a sufficient route runner. I'm high on Robinson and think he will be a star in this league. I really would like the Eagles to trade out the first round and get this guy.

I don't even need to bother to post in this topic as this guy pretty much summed up my thoughts. Good work, fellow birds fan!

we need help on the front seven as we transition to the 3-4, so I'll be a little disappointed with anything outside of that, as for who specifically, I don't really know the prospects very well, but I've seen Mack on most target lists, though I don't think he'll be there at 11, I wouldn't mind Barr, Donald, Nix, or Ealy, again I don't know the guys well enough to rank them, but I'm hoping we take one of those guys to bolster the front seven

Panthers I could see them taking 2 maybe even 3 WR regardless of FA pick ups because none of those pick ups are guaranteed a spot on the roster. Then other needs OLB/CB/S/LT/OG

1. Kelvin Benjamin WR FSU - We have lacked a big physical WR and he is high risk high reward and is very raw due to how young he is. This staff has a good history so far working with young raw potential talent with how they have developed Cam and other young guys. I think they could do the same with Benjamin and he could be a force in the South. On top of that there won't be much of a difference at LT from what you could get 2nd or 3rd here though CB would be tempting but I think there are some to grab late and will be able to thanks to FA pick ups with Cason etc.

2. JuWan James LT TN or Cameron Flemming LT Standford - We could fill another need there are a few in the second or third round I like but I think JuWan James and Flemming both have a lot of good upside and good size. Would love to see either of them land here in the second.

3 Telvin Smith LB FSU or Keith McGill CB Utah - I really want Smith to fall here. I knew OLB was on our needs list I thought later until I seen he came in for a visit meaning there is interest the only problem he may not fall to 28 in the 3rd. Getting Smith would be huge for our defense and I think could bolster our LB group with Luke, him & AJ and make it stronger which is scary to think. If not fill another need in the secondary with the next best thing to Stanley Jean-Baspitine since its a copy cat league tall corners are going to be a thing already stated by Gettleman's reference to Seattle's secondary he is 6'3 and has a similar skill set to Baspitine.

4. FS Dion Bailey USC or WR Mike Davis Texas - Mike Davis at one point was projected higher but stock fell after his senior year a smaller WR I wouldn't mind grabbing to put in the competition for the slot. Dion Bailey the Panthers brought in for a visit and might be a ok pick up late.

5. Dontae Johnson CB NC-State or Deion Belue CB Alabama - Dontae has good size he will need some work but may be a nice late round pick up, and I just enjoy most defensive players coming out of Alabama after grabbing Lester last year I wouldn't mind adding one of his former teammates.

6. Brandon Thomas OG Clemson or WR Brandon Coleman Rutgers or WR Dri Archer - Thomas is projected to free fall due to his injury he suffered during private workouts with the Saints. The Panthers had shown interest in him they are already expected to move guys around I could see them wasting a pick here and use this as a future pick up after he gets through his injury. Coleman would be a nice pick up with nice size to add late if you wanted a big WR group. Dri Archer is projected earlier but his size could hold him back to a late round pick up he is moving from RB to WR might be a steal late if he falls.

7. BPA / Any position - At this point you just add depth to any of the several positions you still need to fill mattering on your first 6 picks BPA at QB/RB/OLB/WR/CB/S/OG

Edited by panthergf
  • Upvote 1

Calvin Pryor-S-I would love this pick. I think he can be a east in all facets of the game, he has great ball skills and range, he is a violent hitter, he is good in zone roaming a deep half and could produce in cover 2,3,4, man, or quarter-quarter-half.

Mike Evans-WR-Pipe dream but I would love a big bodied WR who can make contested catches and be a threat in the Redzone.

OBJ-WR- He has all the things you would want other than ideal size, that said he has hops and suure hands I could definitely live with this.

Their are no lineman I like right here but in the second round there are numerous tackles and guards I would love to see.

I don't know enough about the prospects to pinpoint specific guys, but I'd like to see us draft a WR, OLB, CB, or S. There's been some buzz that we're interested in trading up for Mike Evans. I'd be pumped if that happens, though we also have a lot of holes to fill on defense. I'd rather trade down than up, generally speaking.

My #1 option would be Sammy Watkins, but that won't happen. So either Manziel or Evans are at the top of my list.

we need help on the front seven as we transition to the 3-4, so I'll be a little disappointed with anything outside of that, as for who specifically, I don't really know the prospects very well, but I've seen Mack on most target lists, though I don't think he'll be there at 11, I wouldn't mind Barr, Donald, Nix, or Ealy, again I don't know the guys well enough to rank them, but I'm hoping we take one of those guys to bolster the front seven

Since you're transitioning to 3-4 you'll probably be looking at Nix or Barr. Donald and Ealy are more 4-3 players.

For the Steelers, I want us to grab one of the top two corners, Gilbert and Dennard. If one of them is not available at 15, which is nearly impossible imo, I'd probably trade back cause there are some quality corners later in the draft. I expect a WR or OT in the second round.