BJORN

Your 1st round draft cluster,,,,,who should your team draft and why?

Trading up to get Mike Evans would be the worst thing to do for the Eagles imo. It would be too expensive and we are already short draft picks. Not to mention the draft is very deep especially at the receiver position. I think trading back getting more draft picks like you said is the more viable option.

Mack, Clowney, Matthews at 6.

Anyone else...and I will not be pleased

Would Falcon fans be upset if FO traded up to #1 for Clowney - considering it will likely cost them dearly?

Mack, Clowney, Matthews at 6.

Anyone else...and I will not be pleased

Would Falcon fans be upset if FO traded up to #1 for Clowney - considering it will likely cost them dearly?

I personally would...there are a lot of Falcons fans that want us to do that.

I don't even want to think of what all we would have to trade.

Huell-Babineaux-Sad-To-OMG-Eyes-Open-Rea

you would hope the Falcons learned the lesson about depth from the Julio Jones trade, but who knows, of course it obviously wouldn't take quite as much to move from 6th to 1st than it did to move from 27th to 6th, but it would still take a good haul

Edited by oochymp

CJ Mosley, though I doubt he falls that far. I've seen him as high as 12 in some mocks. Ryan Shazier I wouldn't necessarily be upset with. We at least need to add an ILB early even if we d give the first starting shot to Nate Irving. I could also see us going Sua Filo if he makes it down there, or even a CB like Jason Verrett.

Some real nasty up front with RaShead Hageman would also be good for Broncs.

I am hoping he falls to #33 for the Texans. :dance:

I've really been loving this pick since you mentioned it a while back. Dug into him a lil bit and like everything about him. I need to see him play beside Terrance Knighton in JDR's D. It would be like Stroud and Henderson all over again, but with great pass-rushers on the outside and a good secondary. I WANTS.

Bears at #14:

Aaron Donald....with the offensive line doing a complete turn around it was just our luck that the defensive line declined heavily. We finally let Peppers go which I have been wanting for years and added some dynamic edge players. Now to make our even front regain it's effectiveness (and cover for our bad LBs) we need an explosive three technique. I like Donald over the other interior guys, and while Jernigan has potential Donald has the athleticism and work ethic to be great anywhere along the defensive line. Add him to our rotation and we will be able to rush just the front four and cause some havoc.

Calvin Pryor....only thing worse than our pass rush last year was our safety play. While Tillman can still ball when healthy (despite what people think) and Jennings is still a very solid corner, we need some help in the back end where Conte and Wright just looked terrible. Pryor has the range to play single-high and roam the middle, and the physical make-up to come up in the box and support the run. While he is not the most impressive athlete, he has the tools to be a playmaker and the mindset to want to be the best.

Jason Verrett/Justin Gilbert.....14 is a real sweet spot in the draft and based on the "experts" Verrett might be a reach right here, but I like him better than the rest of the corners. He is pure man-to-man lockdown with elite athleticism. Gilbert is a high athlete too and maybe has more potential, but Verrett is ready to get in the slot or the outside and cover NFL receivers right now. We don't know how long Peanut will be around so grabbing a future replacement and a nickel corner for this season would be a great move.

Edited by butta55

you would hope the Falcons learned the lesson about depth from the Julio Jones trade, but who knows, of course it obviously wouldn't take quite as much to move from 6th to 1st than it did to move from 27th to 6th, but it would still take a good haul

No offense, but I hate that statement when it's made by everyone. People can talk about how the Jones trade made the Falcons lose all sorts of depth they could have gained all they want. At the end of the day, I don't think that we would have come out ahead anyway. Look at the talent pool that was available for the picks we traded. Dimitroff outside of the first 3 rounds has been lackluster IMO. We didn't really lose that much because a lot of the guys would have just been roster fillers at most, I don't really see anything that could have come out of those picks. It's not like Dimitroff finds guys like Worrilow and Bartu on a consistent basis.

We traded picks that would have either been great or probably not so much for a guy who will be a perennial pro-bowler. Much more, we didn't really lose depth. We have depth, the problem is that the depth is starting right now. We need starting caliber players, not players that give us depth. We need another Curtis Lofton at MLB, we have a solid back-up linebacker in Dent. We need some good solid starters on the o-line and d-line. We have back-up players. The problem is top end talent at critical positions.

Clowney will not be there at 6. Not sure I would like to trade up to get him, but not sure how I would feel completely.

Mack, Matthews, or Robinson if available but I doubt it.

If we could trade back about 5-10 spots, I would love to see us take Calvin Pryor or Clinton-Dix.

fair enough, I can understand the frustration with that line getting thrown around, and to be entirely fair I'm not sure any team really has the depth to deal with the injuries Atlanta had last year, that said if your response is that the GM doesn't do well after the third round anyway I'm not sure I buy that as justification for trading away late round picks

Edited by oochymp

Bears at number 14

1. Aaron Donald - Every Bear fan should want this. Perfect player to replace Melton with would fit like a glove.

2. Any CB not named Gilbert- Rated by number 1 by most people by i'm not a fan of his. Much rather have Verrett (love this kid) or Fulller.

Guess Bears fans think alike. I wanted to list Fuller too as an option. Gilbert I agree I don't like as much, but I believe since he won't have to start right away we can mold him.

• Upvote 1

fair enough, I can understand the frustration with that line getting thrown around, and to be entirely fair I'm not sure any team really has the depth to deal with the injuries Atlanta had last year, that said if your response is that the GM doesn't do well after the third round anyway I'm not sure I buy that as justification for trading away late round picks

It's not really a justification that you can be pleased with, but it's certainly a way to justify it. You can look at the situation a lot like you look at the situation of going for it on 4th down or 2 point conversions. Use the success rate of those picks traded as a ground point for looking at what you're actually giving up. If your success rate is only 10-25% with picks from round 4-7, and that's not even saying they turn into great players but more like they may barely make the roster even, then it doesn't make sense to fret over losing those picks. Could you have gotten a great player? Absolutely. But whats your past success rate. I don't see the loss in those picks, especially with the upside that Jones was bringing, and the fact that no one really saw much bust rate out of him or Green coming out. They were as close to sure things as you could get that year.

Now Clowney? With all the questions surrounding him, I'm not sure he's worth trading up. Especially when we may be looking at needing to go all the way to 1 just to grab him. I would be upset trading up for him until I saw what he could do on the NFL field.

I want to get Robinson or Matthews. If by some bizarre miracle he fell to us, I'd love to have Clowney, but I wouldnt trade up for him.

CJ Mosley, though I doubt he falls that far. I've seen him as high as 12 in some mocks. Ryan Shazier I wouldn't necessarily be upset with. We at least need to add an ILB early even if we d give the first starting shot to Nate Irving. I could also see us going Sua Filo if he makes it down there, or even a CB like Jason Verrett.

Some real nasty up front with RaShead Hageman would also be good for Broncs.

I am hoping he falls to #33 for the Texans. :dance:

I've really been loving this pick since you mentioned it a while back. Dug into him a lil bit and like everything about him. I need to see him play beside Terrance Knighton in JDR's D. It would be like Stroud and Henderson all over again, but with great pass-rushers on the outside and a good secondary. I WANTS.

I don't blame you. He should be available for Texans around the #33 mark and if you watched JJ Watt last season, he was constantly double and even triple teamed. Some extra nasty up front would release the Kraken - what a formidable front those two would make!

Bears at number 14

1. Aaron Donald - Every Bear fan should want this. Perfect player to replace Melton with would fit like a glove.

2. Any CB not named Gilbert- Rated by number 1 by most people by i'm not a fan of his. Much rather have Verrett (love this kid) or Fulller.

I think Donald will be one of the three best players to come out of this draft - the team that gets him will have an instant quality starter - a true plug-and-play guy.

I think Donald will be one of the three best players to come out of this draft - the team that gets him will have an instant quality starter - a true plug-and-play guy.

Could be right, Donald is a monster. His agility, speed, and explosion are inside:

ZZlInEl.png

Hageman would be another one if he knew how to play football. If the team he lands on can get his technique right, look out. Because lord his measurables; size/length, and explosion is off the charts.

28o08MB.png

• Upvote 1

As time is going along, I am gravitating more and more to Darqueze Dennard. From a BPA standpoint of players that might realistically be in reach of the Eagles, I think Dennard tops that list. BPA is trumping need at the moment in my opinion because the positions that we need, the Eagles would be reaching for players at those positions at that pick; except Pryor or Ha-Ha (not fond of Ha-Ha atm). I really think Dennard has the potential to be a lock down corner in this league. I love his man - man capabilities and he contest and plays the ball very well in the air. I'm more inclined to go BPA right now instead of position needs.

1. Darqueze Dennard CB - Expressed my opinion of him above. I truly think he's the best corner in the draft and will excel past those other corners in the NFL by far.

2. C.J Mosley ILB - Truly think this kid is a stud and a straight plug him in starter. It's something about stud linebackers in the middle of a defense. This kid is a play maker. I think he may be one of the safest picks along with Dennard.

3. Anthony Barr OLB - Insane upside and the most athletic player in the draft probably. He's very raw but I think he can be coached to hone discipline and be great. He is a risky pick but the reward has the potential to be phenomenal. Considering the value of a pass rusher position and considering the Eagles needs, it would be hard to see the Eagles pass on him if he was there are pick 22. However, I do believe that Dennard and Mosley are better at their positions than Barr is at his.

The rest are tied.

Calvin Pryor S - Very explosive safety in several areas. He is explosive closing on the ball and a very explosive hitter. However, I'd like to see him wrap up a bit more because hitting won't always be successful and the way he hits at times may draw a flag in the NFL. He does have a very good range of coverage radius and closes on the ball fast in the air at the point of attack.

Brandin Cooks WR - Cooks has grown on me in the last week and a half or so. Watching him more closely, I realized how well he runs his routes and how precise and crisp they are able to get separation. Along with that, he has great speed and agility making him very explosive with the ball in his hands (great vision) especially in space (good short area quickness), good yac receiver, physical for his size, and always fights for the ball in the air.

Odell Beckham WR - He makes great contested catches snatching the ball out the air, good hands, explosive after the catch getting a lot of YAC, not a bad route runner and he also specializing in returning kicks. He's a diverse play maker and Chip knows what to do with these guys. He's a playmaker. I think Cooks gets more separation though.

However, I still want Allen Robinson over every receiver and ideally, I'd like to get one of the 4 defensive guys I mentioned and get Robinson in the 2nd round if possible. That alone would make the draft a success in my eyes and I'd be happy. If we were to land one of the 4 defensive guys in the first round, I wouldn't even mind if the Eagles traded up in the 2nd round to grab Robinson to be honest. Give up a 7th or a next years 5th or 6th for him.

Edited by dutchff7

My new cluster:

1. Darqueze Dennard: Doubt he is here at #25 but in some mocks and in our very own draft, he fell to the Chargers. I think he could go as high as #10 to the Lions. Like Dutch, I think he is the best CB in the draft.

2. Timmy Jernigan: I didn't list him on my cluster the first time around, due to sheer ignorance as I hadn't watched or researched him. After watching him, I do prefer him to Nix if not just because of Nix's health concerns. I think there is a good chance of him being there at #25. DT is a major need for the Chargers. Other then for depth, I don't like any DTs after Jernigan and Nix.

3.Justin Gilbert: I think he is a good playmaker and obviously a superb athlete. But there are some concerns that arise on tape, best way to describe it is that he plays soft. Will he be there at #25? Probably not, but I think he belongs in the 20-30 range.

4. Odell Beckham Jr. : Ok, I'm super biased as an LSU fan but I love this guy. He is a great playmaker and deep threat. Had the treat of seeing him and Jarvis Landry play in person,,, they put on a show. The only reason he isn't #1 on my list is because WR isn't as big of a need as DT and CB.

5. XSF: This guy is really a fall back plan for me now as we still need to improve our o-line but I feel like we should do so in later rounds. John Urschel, Jon Halapio, Marcus Martin, and Cameron Fleming are all lineman I would be targeting in later rounds.

Other guys I wouldn't mind: Brandon Cooks, Louis Nix, Kyle Fuller, Jason Verrett, Teddy Bridgewater

Lol seriously though if Bridgewater falls to us (1% chance?) I would want us to draft him. Pretty sure all of this newfound hate is mostly being used as a smokescreen.

You would want Teddy when you have Rivers? Rivers is a franchise QB.

Edited by dutchff7

The only positions I don't want the Eagles to draft in the first round are QB and RB. Everything else is open season. Except FB, K, and P, obviously.

I really like Teddy, I think he will become a franchise QB. Wouldn't hurt to draft him, have him be Rivers' understudy for a while. They do have similar strengths. It's a long-term move, wouldn't help in the short term but hey I don't think a team can have too many franchise QBs can they?

Edited by BJORN

Yeah, you're right

I really like Teddy, I think he will become a franchise QB. Wouldn't hurt to draft him, have him be Rivers' understudy for a while. They do have similar strengths. It's a long-term move, wouldn't help in the short term but hey I don't think a team can have too many franchise QBs can they?

Yeah, you're right. If you believe he's a long term guy, then I guess you can go for it (even though Rivers isn't that old). But look at the Farve and Aaron Rodgers situation. That worked out perfectly.

Remember when the Packers had Brett Favre and they drafted a falling Aaron Rodgers? Turned out okay.

Remember when the Packers had Brett Favre and they drafted a falling Aaron Rodgers? Turned out okay.

Favre was 36, Rivers is 32, four years may not seem like a lot, but it is the length of a rookie deal, though it's also worth mentioning that Rivers is only under contract for two more seasons, so maybe this is the time