Sign in to follow this  
seanbrock

Who are the guys nobody is talking about but have a chance to go in the first?

Simple topic, guys who aren't on the radar of so called draft experts who end up getting taken in the first or really early and a lot of times they end up being very good football players. Sometimes it's guys who have supposedly seen their stock fall, so in short, who's a player(s) that you think are sleepers and could go much earlier than expected?

I don't know who hasn't been talked about but here's some names, for whatever its worth

Lamarcus Joyner

Marcus Martin

Demarcus Lawrence

David Yankey (I'm the only one who likes him in the first)

Odell Beckham

Brandon Thomas

Jordan Mathews

Edited by BC
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I don't know who hasn't been talked about but here's some names, for whatever its worth

Lamarcus Joyner

Marcus Martin

Demarcus Lawrence

David Yankey (I'm the only one who likes him in the first)

Odell Beckham

Brandon Thomas

Jordan Mathews

I think Brandon Thomas has a good shot at the first round actually, late first but he's been seen as a 2nd rounder throughout most of the draft process. He can play Tackle or Guard at the next level imo.

So for a surprise 1st rounder like Frederick was last year, I would of said Latimer but he's getting some hype from draft "experts" now so I'll go with Joel Bitonio or maybe even Phillip Gaines.

Bitonio is starting to get attention but he is unknown for the most part. Vinnie Sunseri. Kenny Ladler. Aaron Colvin after ACL. Marcus Roberson and Louchiez Purifoy. Ka'Deem Carey. Mettenberger and Murray. Fiedorowicz.

Why not? Not much else to do but wait.

I'll take a stab with Carlos Hyde and Kelvin Benjamin.

I'll also make a bold prediction for Aaron Donald - he goes as high as #5 - call it the "Watt Effect".

Edited by Wattafan

Some shit show WR like Davante Adams or Paul Richardson.

If we are talking about going in the first round.....

-Kyle Fuller: while he has some hype going in he was never looked at as a 1st round corner throughout the process, but he is probably over Roby by now.

-Davante Adams/Donte Moncrief/Odell Beckham Jr: If a run on WRs were to happen then I see all three of these guys getting looks in the first round because of the height-weight-speed factor.

-Morgan Moses/Cyrus Kouandjio: More of a personal pick, but the linemen are really close together after the top tier guys. Coming in the later part of the 1st round I can see teams liking the upside and grabbing one.

-Derek Carr: He is being talked about but there is no consistency. I see top 5 and I see third round. I think ultimately someone panics and takes a gamble.

Edited by butta55

Jordan Matthews could, depends on what WR the team loves more. He likely would be a first rounder any other year.

-David Carr: He is being talked about but there is no consistency. I see top 5 and I see third round. I think ultimately someone panics and takes a gamble.

qpbqw.png

Well Carr did say GMs like the idea of bringing in his brother to be his back-up so technically if Derek gets drafted in the first round so does David :yep:

• Upvote 1