Sign in to follow this  
Wattafan

Straight Up - Who is the best QB in this class?

Who will be the most likely to succeed?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will be the most likely to succeed?

• Johnny Manziel
    • Theodore Bridgewater
    • Blake Bortles
    • Derek Carr
    • Jimmy Garoppolo
    • A.J.McCarron
    • Aaron Murray
    • Zack Mettenberger
    • Tom Savage
    • David Fales
    • Jeff Mathews
    • Garret Gilbert

I never came away as impressed as I should've watching Bridgewater last year when he had all that hype surrounding him. I mean, I think he's good but not surefire top prospect good. It doesn't surprise me he is falling. He isn't the athlete that a Cam Newton is and he doesn't have an elite arm either. It's above average, but not elite. I think the size stuff may be overblown, but NFL teams are worried about it and he's probably a late 1st at best right now.

For me its Bridgewater, I just think his skill set translates the best to the NFL. He has great accuracy and anticipation. I also love his ability to read the game, pre snap. He does have some mobility which should help him extend plays. I think he can start from day one on a team with a need at QB. I'd probably say his ceiling is a shorter Philip Rivers with mobility and less visible passion. lol

Have to say I really hope Manziel turns out well. Think he is by far the most intriguing prospect I've seen in awhile. I think its safe to say he will be entertaining no matter how he turns out, I just hope he can stay healthy and out of trouble. Reminds me a lot of Doug Flutie.