ATL_Predator

2014 NBA Playoffs

Guest Phailadelphia

Looked like RoLo was upset that Dwight snuck a couple elbows into his side after the foul on that tech.

Looked like RoLo was upset that Dwight snuck a couple elbows into his side after the foul on that tech.

Dwight's tired of being pushed once he's in the air, getting his arms mauled every time he tries to shoot. I have no idea how they call that defense.

Guest Phailadelphia

It looks to me like RoLo is doing a good job of keeping his hands straight up. Lots of body contact, sure. But that's typical of post play. It's not anything rougher than we saw from ZBo and Marc Gasol vs OKC last night.

One thing the officials have done right in this game is not call too damn many offensive fouls. Lots of block calls. They're doing some things right.

Lopez, for the most part, hides his dirty plays, but I've seen Dwight go flying once he jumped multiple times tonight, and both him and Jones have been mauled nearly every time they've shot under the basket.

Oh my god, are they really going to give Lillard that call? Come on. That shit's absurd.

Guest Phailadelphia

I think the officiating has been sufficiently shitty enough on both sides that it shouldn't be an excuse for whoever loses.

In what way has it been shitty for Portland? It hasn't.

Guest Phailadelphia

Harden ISO is not a bad final play. Harden allowing himself to be forced into a one-dimensional move with no bailout option is TERRIBLE. Force Harden right and he's going to step-back every time or pump fake into a foul. Fantastic discipline by PDX to not bite on the pump fake.

This series is going to be great.

Terrible playcall at the end there.

Houston/Portland is gonna go to 7...easily the best series out there.

Houston had multiple chances to put this game away. Multiple 10 point leads. One 13 point lead, I believe. Jumping out 6 points up in OT. You don't lose after going up two possesions in OT.

Houston folded like the Tigers in the World Series.

James Harden is only the best 2 guard in the league because the league is in a lull of sub par shooting guard play.

Harden driving is the best play Houston can do. He just has to recognize when to get rid of the ball rather than take a shitty shot.

On the topic of Harden driving being the best play, it definitely is...in the regular season, when his flops and acting get him ridiculous foul calls 99% of the time.

Once the playoffs come around, only guys like Durant and Nowitzki get those calls. James has to recognize that he's officiated differently in the playoffs, and make adjustments to his game. He can't just count on constant bullshit whistles.

FTR, this is part of what gets me about officiating, come playoff time. Too many changes. They start to let things go more often, which is good in most cases but it also leads to extremely physical play under the hoop that not only gets more physical, but more dangerous. Dwight and RoLo could each have fouled out in the third quarter tonight.

Just to be clear, my preference is that James not get the calls in the regular season. I don't want to see him shoot a bunch of unearned FTs in the playoffs. No way.

His game is not conducive to winning anything significant. He's designed to produce bulk points through antics of theater. Unfortunately, that's not a guaranteed every game it'll-work philosophy.

All this league needs is consistency in its officiating. One fantastic thing tonight's officiating crew did was not call too many charges. That's been an unfortunate trend in other games, so far. Way too many offensive fouls.

Edited by BwareDWare94

I wanted Aldrige to get 50 so bad. Soooooo bad.

Been telling people for God knows how long now that he's the best PF in the league, finally good to see what he can do with some spotlight.

And now Asik has 5 fouls. They can't be fucking serious.

Crying+Baby+Natural+High+for+Some+Moms-3

• Upvote 1

Beverly having an MRI on his knee this morning.

If he's done, Houston's done. That's all there is to it.

Karma is a bitch for a dirty player.

Edited by Bucman
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

Karma is a bitch for a dirty player.

Dirty? An overaggressive play here and there is different from consistently dirty play. Defending someone for 94 feet isn't dirty.

FTR, Pat Beverly didn't make a single dirty play in last night's game.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Why is Beverly a dirty player, Bucman? :think:

I can't tell if you're agreeing with me or being sarcastic, but I'll offer my .02 on Pat Beverly.

He's an aggressive defender who most of the time steers clear of truly dirty play, but now and then he gets too aggressive and makes a play that just looks bad. There are players who are truly dirty, over an 82 game stretch + playoffs (Chris Paul, Reggie Evans), and then there are players who are excessively aggressive and every now and then go too far (Pat Beverly, Tony Allen).

There is a significant difference.

EDIT: Quick Update on Bev:

I'm not sure if Fansided is a legitimate source, but they cited Yahoo sports stating that the MRI revealed no further damage to Beverly's knee and that he's been cleared for game 2.

Thank. God.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Raptors :rock:

Are they your 5th favorite NBA team now, Bware? Or do you have more? :yao:

• Upvote 2

Nene is a monster, just took over the overtime, nice to see Wall and Beal looking a lot more comfortable in their second playoff game, and coming back to DC with a 2-0 series lead :Banana:

• Upvote 1

Wizards look pretty good for a team with almost no playoff experience among its core players.

Wizards look pretty good for a team with almost no playoff experience among its core players.

I've always thought of Ariza as a natural leader, so maybe he's been helpful.

Raptors :rock:

Are they your 5th favorite NBA team now, Bware? Or do you have more? :yao:

Bware likes every team that isn't the Heat, Thunder, Mavericks, and Spurs.