ATL_Predator

2014 NBA Playoffs

Wizards look pretty good for a team with almost no playoff experience among its core players.

outside of the young guys we actually have plenty of playoff experience, just none of it came with the Wizards, prior to this year, Gortat had 46 games in three playoff appearances (all with Orlando) Trevor Ariza had 41 games in four appearances (with Orlando, LA Lakers, and New Orleans) Nene had 44 in seven appearances (with Denver) and Andre Miller (who was critical in game one) had 52 games in nine appearances (with Denver, Philly and Portland)

Well the Spurs played like shit tonight. No idea what is happening with them, Dallas' defense has been better but it's quite beatable. They just aren't showing any heart and were very careless with the ball tonight. I guess the winning streak against Dallas had to come to an end sometime, but the Spurs better wakeup and come out ready to play on Saturday.

Don't remember the last time I've seen the Spurs get handled like they did tonight.

Guest Phailadelphia

If Houston wins tonight, all 4 West series will be 1-1. Fun!

Guest Phailadelphia

Also, Houston's defense is terrible and refs are no longer calling Harden's self-initiated contact on drives. Houston in for a long (or maybe very short) series.

Nice to see Houston lose again, seeing Dwight lose in the 1st round again will provide some excellent lolz.

Guest Phailadelphia

I think Houston could use the playmaking/offense of Jeremy Lamb and defense of Steven Adams right now. :troll:

Gotta win 2 in the Rose Garden now. Have fun with that.

• Upvote 1

I think Houston could use the playmaking/offense of Jeremy Lamb and defense of Steven Adams right now. :troll:

Gotta win 2 in the Rose Garden now. Have fun with that.

Don't forget his chest bumping and high fiving prowess. He is KD's go to guy for a high five after a big play.

Houston tried buying a title and may not even win a single game in the playoffs.

Edited by Favre4Ever
  • Upvote 1

Potentially the worst playoff performance I have ever seen from the Spurs.

Expected them to lose to the Mavs sooner or later, but not in that fashion. Ugh.

LMA is playing incredible, so fun to watch. Definitely pulling for the Wizards in the East. These playoffs have been fantastic thus far.

Guest Phailadelphia

Potentially the worst playoff performance I have ever seen from the Spurs.

Expected them to lose to the Mavs sooner or later, but not in that fashion. Ugh.

LMA is playing incredible, so fun to watch. Definitely pulling for the Wizards in the East. These playoffs have been fantastic thus far.

The Mavs are one bad 7-minute stretch from being up 2-0. This series could get very interesting.

The Mavs are one bad 7-minute stretch from being up 2-0. This series could get very interesting.

Same can be said about our series vs GSW when we made that ridiculous comeback in game 1 then got beat game 2.

Problem is, the Mavs have Carlisle and the Warriors have Mark Jackson.

The Heat offensive rating when the starters are in has been dreadful (by Heat standard) in the past two games. They're taking advantage of the Bobcats' God awful bench.

Past 2 seasons have just shown that Harden cannot handle being the go to guy in playoff situations, to shoot under 30% is pathetic and then to blame the team's defense and get mad at the reporter instead of taking some blame. Just a class act.

Past 2 seasons have just shown that Harden cannot handle being the go to guy in playoff situations, to shoot under 30% is pathetic and then to blame the team's defense and get mad at the reporter instead of taking some blame. Just a class act.

Wait wait wait wait..Harden blamed the team's defense? You can't be serious.

Every single defensive woe that Houston suffers from is directly traceable to James Harden.

5ts.gif

I want to post that to my Facebook. Got a link to the original gif?

Heat may be up 2-0 but it's clear they aren't the dominant force like many think they are still.

Pacers? Pacers are on the ropes, and tonight's game in Atlanta is going to be a huge test.

Bulls? Don't get me started, the Wizards aren't doing anything special, the Bulls offense is just that atrocious

Nets and Raptors? Who knows.

The East is wide...wide open.

• Downvote 1

The field goal % is becoming more and more useless. And it is especially in the context of trying to gauge how good Harden has been.

I think Harden is a go to guy in the playoffs. His game isn't complete yet though, and the Rockets don't have a consistent #2 guy.

Bulls? Don't get me started, the Wizards aren't doing anything special, the Bulls offense is just that atrocious

but the Wizards are putting up plenty of points on the league's best defense

The field goal % is becoming more and more useless. And it is especially in the context of trying to gauge how good Harden has been.

I think Harden is a go to guy in the playoffs. His game isn't complete yet though, and the Rockets don't have a consistent #2 guy.

How? When a guy is going 8-28 or 6-19 with plenty of poor shots, essentially just chucking it up which Harden has been doing this series so far, it's poor and its hurting his team. If he could play defense, it would make up for it. But when the team relies on his offensive performance and he is just ending up with wasted possessions, they are going to lose, his assist numbers last night were low as well.

Edited by Packers Dynasty 2010

Guest Phailadelphia

5ts.gif

I don't. It was posted on reddit. :/

5ts.gif

I don't. It was posted on reddit. :/

I figured it out. No worries.

Also, watching OKC/Memphis is phenomenal basketball. Different styles on both ends of the floor. Easily the most entertaining series so far, even with that stinker of a fourth quarter in game 1.

How? When a guy is going 8-28 or 6-19 with plenty of poor shots, essentially just chucking it up which Harden has been doing this series so far, it's poor and its hurting his team. If he could play defense, it would make up for it. But when the team relies on his offensive performance and he is just ending up with wasted possessions, they are going to lose, his assist numbers last night were low as well.

you're talking about one of the most efficient scorers in the NBA within the course of an 82 game season every year despite being the teams #1 last year and this year.

This is an overreaction based on a small sample size of bad games.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F