ATL_Predator

2014 NBA Playoffs

Alridge average playoff stats so far - 44 points 13 rebounds, 1 assist and 2 blocks. :megusta:

Guest Phailadelphia

Kinda hope OKC loses the series so they'll fire Brooks.

Guest Phailadelphia

New York gonna be mad as hell when Phil Jackson leaves to coach the Thunder in a couple weeks.

Past 2 seasons have just shown that Harden cannot handle being the go to guy in playoff situations, to shoot under 30% is pathetic and then to blame the team's defense and get mad at the reporter instead of taking some blame. Just a class act.

The field goal % is becoming more and more useless. And it is especially in the context of trying to gauge how good Harden has been.

I think Harden is a go to guy in the playoffs. His game isn't complete yet though, and the Rockets don't have a consistent #2 guy.

How? When a guy is going 8-28 or 6-19 with plenty of poor shots, essentially just chucking it up which Harden has been doing this series so far, it's poor and its hurting his team. If he could play defense, it would make up for it. But when the team relies on his offensive performance and he is just ending up with wasted possessions, they are going to lose, his assist numbers last night were low as well.
you're talking about one of the most efficient scorers in the NBA within the course of an 82 game season every year despite being the teams #1 last year and this year.

This is an overreaction based on a small sample size of bad games.

But the regular season doesn't matter when the playoffs come. So far in this series, last season against OKC and you could even go to the 2012 Finals when he wasn't the #1 scorer and still choked.

Its his fifth season in the league. Second season as a full time starter, and second season as a #1 option with a game that relies heavily on getting to the line or making threes. Eight games is not a big enough sample size to come to any conclusion as to whether or not he can be your #1 option.

Especially when the coach isn't running sets to get anyone else involved, and nobody is making anything.

last two minutes of LAC/GS was horribly officiated, and it affected the outcome. Blake got away with the most egregious charge of the entire playoffs so far, then Chris Paul both hit Curry's elbow and took out his legs on that last shot.

Absurd. Unacceptable at this level of play to get that charge call wrong. I can understand letting one foul go on the Paul play, but CP3 fouled Curry like 4 times throughout the process. Just wrong.

• Downvote 1

I never complain about refs...

But the fucking elephant charge on draymond greene and curry's last shot were both clearly fouls on LAC...but let's just sweep them under the rug and act like they didn't effect the outcome.

NBA and absolute shitty reffing? No never.

• Upvote 1

Bware goes to bed angry every night because of NBA officiating. :yao:

95% of the time that you're bitching about the refs, Bware, the calls aren't even against your fucking favorite team(s). Like, why the fuck do you care so much? You're not even betting money on these games. If the refs were costing you money, then I could see why you'd be raging, but good lawd, Bware.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=urcqQC02YbY

The officiating is an issue that the NBA could actually address, especially considering the absurdity of a lot of the calls they've been making in this year's playoffs. It irritates me because it's a fixable issue. Obviously the officials will never be 100% perfect, but calls like the block on Draymond Green last night that should have been a charge on Griffin, the way they ignored three or four legitimate fouls committed by Chris Paul on the last play of last night's game, Dwight's 6th foul in game 1, Griffin's 6th foul in game 1, the fact that Iggy actually got called for 6 fouls in game one, the no contact whistles Durant is getting, etc, etc--these are all egregious, blatantly wrong calls given due to official bias.

Officiating will never be perfect in any sport, but it affects playoff games way too much in the NBA, and it is certainly something they could address, and at the very least improve enough that it doesn't drastically affect games.

• Downvote 3

how the fuck do you eject Nene and not Butler on that?

And just like that. The entire series changes

Dunleavy may of just saved the Bulls.

If Nene doesn't get suspended for his actions, it will surprise me. He's going to miss at least one game...and that changes A LOT.

I've had enough of James Harden. Too many stupid, awful shots late in this game, and it's why we nearly lost.

I've had enough of Kevin McHale. Omer Asik does a wonderful job on Aldridge all game and Omer hasn't seen the floor in about 10 minutes.

I've had enough of Kevin McHale's rotations. Where's Jordan Hamilton? Where's Frankie Garcia? Can we get a DMo sighting? Something. Give us something other than nothing, Kevin. If they can't play in big games, let them show us. Don't just all of a sudden drop them out of the rotation.

I've had enough of McHales "fuck it, I can't draw up a play, so let's just go Harden iso" tactics at the end of games. McHale has no in-game skill as a head coach. This is absurd.

I've had enough of Jeremy Lin. Dude missed a RIGHT HANDED LAYUP that could have iced the game. What a little fucking bitch. Go to hell, Jeremy Lin.

I've had enough of this poor defense.

I've had enough of this Houston Rockets team. They can all go to hell for collapsing so pathetically. They had multiple chances to put this game on ice, but they just let Portland back in again and again.

It's McHale. It's Harden. They're glorified, but they're problems.

Edited by BwareDWare94

And that might be the most pissed off I've seen someone after a win.

Also Bware, you know that if you didn't have Harden, you also wouldn't have Howard and the Rockets would just be another lottery team right?

• Upvote 1

If Nene doesn't get suspended for his actions, it will surprise me. He's going to miss at least one game...and that changes A LOT.

that would be a fucking joke, Nene really didn't do that much more than Butler on that, if he gets ejected (you can't tell me that didn't have an impact on the last eight minutes) and suspended from the next game while Butler essentially gets nothing my short time watching NBA would be over

And that might be the most pissed off I've seen someone after a win.

Also Bware, you know that if you didn't have Harden, you also wouldn't have Howard and the Rockets would just be another lottery team right?

My hope isn't that they get rid of Harden, it's that they reel him in a bit. Make him play defense. Get him to stop taking so many bad, contested shots that he just misses, 9 times out of ten. The dude building a brick house is part of the reason Houston's lost 2 of these 3 games.

Nene pushed Butler's head and tried to throw a punch, think he deserved the suspension myself.

5ts.gif

I want to post that to my Facebook. Got a link to the original gif?

I don't. It was posted on reddit. :/

I figured it out. No worries.

Also, watching OKC/Memphis is phenomenal basketball. Different styles on both ends of the floor. Easily the most entertaining series so far, even with that stinker of a fourth quarter in game 1.

Just an FYI, if you click on the image, and wait a second for "save" to show up below the image, just click save. It'll open a new tab with the gif and have the original link to it.

Nene pushed Butler's head and tried to throw a punch, think he deserved the suspension myself.

but he didn't throw the punch, what incentive does it give to punish him as if he did?

also, absolutely no consistency with McRoberts just getting a $20k fine for elbowing LeBron in the throat on Wednesday

but he didn't throw the punch, what incentive does it give to punish him as if he did?

also, absolutely no consistency with McRoberts just getting a $20k fine for elbowing LeBron in the throat on Wednesday

I think the fact that Nene is a repeat offender, and he grabbed Butler's head and tried to pull him around is what did it. The repeat offender thing is what caused the suspension.

I know I'm the world's biggest Jimmy Butler fan so take this with a grain of salt but the way I saw it, Nene pushed Butler, Butler pushed harder back, then the two got face to face, started exchanging words, then Nene headbutted Butler and the two started using their hands. Nene smacked Butler, then Nene grabbed Butler by the back of the neck and tried pulling him downward. They were separated while Nene raised his hands to punch.

Nene definitely initiated the contact between the two, both the pushing, the headbutting, and the slapping. As this was his second offense, he was suspended.

Suspending Nene is the NBA trying to get the Bulls back in the series.

I haven't really been following the team much prior to the playoffs or Nene at all prior to joining the Wizards, so I'll have to take your word on the repeat offender point, thought I will point out that you're the first person I've heard point that out

I do take issue with some of the terms thrown around to describe the incident, that was not a headbutt, which to me implies cocking the head back and throwing it forward with force, there was absolutely no backward motion and there was very little force behind the contact, another term I've seen used a few times (not here but elsewhere) is a reference to grabbing Butler's throat, which did not happen, so to be clear here's what happened:

sure, Nene initiated contact, but Butler definitely provoked it and did nothing to avoid it, I want to know why he basically got nothing, sure, he was assessed a technical, but compared to Nene's two Ts, ejection, and now suspension, that's effectively nothing

also for comparison, here's McRobert's move that netted a $20k fine:

I hate to subscribe to conspiracy theories, but there's really nothing else that explains the absurd level of inconsistency here