Sign in to follow this  
Omerta

How important are looks to you ?

Me and my neighbor are both bachelors and we were grilling last night and got on to the topic of hot chicks in the neighborhood. Then we started talking about chicks who are always saying, "Looks don't matter," and proceed to date a douche for no other reason than he is good looking from what we can surmise.

I thought about it a little more but how important are looks to you ? I mean do they have to be smoking hot, average without makeup and smoking with it, just average, etc...

For me personally I wont lie, I wont date a girl who I dont think is exy. We all know beauty is subjective and so forth but in reality a lot of people have the similar ideas on what is desirable whether it be biological imperatives that we cant control or what the media tells us. I got to thinking about how we perceive things and then I came across a site I have know idea how I got too or to get back too had a test.

The gist of the test is they tell you to build your dream woman on paper. So you pick out like waist size, bust size, height, body type, eyes and so on and then at the end it created it. It is a lot different than you may think, which led me to believe beauty is not what we are told, it is what we see. So if that is the case do celebs influence it or the girl next door ? I dont know but with celeb and girl next door everybody has their idea of what both look like, so again it comes to generalizations.

Now when thinking about finding someone you are going to date/marry or what have you, how big of a factor do looks play ?

Looks in the face? Not a whole lot. I don't really do the whole dating thing, ever. But none of the girls including the one I'm currently talking to are that good looking in the face. Not ugly but not good looking by any means.

Blame it on going to an ultra hippy high school in an ultra hippy town (Ann Arbor), or going to an ultra hippy liberal arts college, but its almost 100% personality to me. If I was looking to have sex it'd be 100% personality and ass, but I don't have sex.

To much surprise. I am more of a relationship type guy.

I've been in 3 relationships the past 6 years...and to be honest, none but my last relationship did I base it somewhat off looks.

Looks aren't everything. But they are somewhat important to me. I'm not going to date a troll, but at the same time when it comes to relationship if you're deciding to date someone based off their looks you shouldn't really be dating.

And when it comes to my free-loving single ATL days...

Ass is the only thing that matters in terms of sex.

^ Pretty much nailed it.

Physical Attraction doesn't always have to be a face or body. You just have to find something physical about that person you like. They could have a busted face but banging body or the other way around.

You have to have a physical attraction to the person.. You have. Whether or not that person lives up to the stigma and superficial label of "beauty" in the eyes of society is a whole different topic, IMO.

Ngata talked about the whole 'beauty is subjective' thing but it's really that simple, I think.

What other people think or how other people view the person is completely irrelevant (as far as pure looks go). Your buddy saying your GF is hot or not shouldn't mean much -- if anything in terms of who you go out with or whatever.

The person needs to be attractive to you... An absolute need in a relationship, imo. Not sure how it could be any other way.

This and extra this to bold part.

You have to find someone physically attractive in some way in order to date them. It's that simple. You're not going to date someone whose figure repulses you.

But what it really comes down to is letting relationships develop by not being scared to be friends first. It sounds cliche but in my experience every time I've tried to start getting to know a girl by dating her, we end up not interested in each other and, in some cases, not even talking anymore. It is what it is but real attraction develops over time and people become more attractive to you or they don't. It's very simple.

Accidently negged you reading the thread somehow. But I pretty much agree there just has to be something there that you like in able for it to ever work longtime.

• Upvote 1

Complicated question. As far as what does as how hot does a girl have to be to fuck? lol I'll be honest, I've fucked some nasty bitches. I've fucked fat bitches and I'm not even gonna lie I've been dead ass sober a lot of the time. When you're not getting any pussy for a while fat chicks and ugly chicks are vulnerable, easy to fuck and almost always willing to suck your dick. I've fucked my share of dimes, don't get it fucked up, but as far as how hot do you have to be to get fucked depends a lot on how desperately I want to get a nut off. There are limits. There are definitely bitches I won't touch but in all honesty, I'm a dog.

As far as dating standards, I won't date a girl less than a 7 in my eyes, but for a relationship, personality is important too. I want a girl to laugh with. I want a girl who I have something in common with. If this criteria isn't met, I'm probably still looking to smash, but not date.