Sign in to follow this  
panthergf

2014 NFL Schedule Discussion Thread

:NFC::NFL: :AFC:

Figured I would make a thread to come to discuss the everyone's schedules that were just released. Talk about games you are looking forward to, games you might go to, match ups, SNF, MNF, TNF, and what you think of teams overall schedules. Who ended up with the easiest or hardest?

Bengals are officially fucked.

I think any game in Minnesota from middle of November through December is going to be rough where they are playing outdoors in University Of Minnesota's field while there new stadiums being built for fans and players. If I would have to say hardest schedule basing off last year looks like Seattle.

Edited by panthergf

Pats schedule is...

PDI0355069_P_Man-Yawning.jpg

Just not many games that get my dick hard. I mean the home opener is 3 weeks into the season and it's against the dog shit Raiders. :yao:

Games I'm most looking forward to (besides the Jets)...

1. vs. Denver on 11/2

2. @ GB on 11/30

3. vs. Indy 11/16

4. @ KC on 9/29

5. vs. Cincy on 10/5

:Eagles: I love the Eagles schedule this year. We play against 5 playoff teams and the Cardinals. @ Indy, @ San Fran, hosting Cardinals, @Arizona, hosting Panthers, @ Green Bay (Lambeau), and hosting the Seahawks. Also, the NFC East games are generally unpredictable which is why I love our division. Redskins and Giants should be tougher so I'll be looking forward to that. However, our last 5 games however are EXTREMELY important having 4 divisional games and hosting Seattle. Definitely a tough stretch to try and make a run to the playoffs. But I'm glad our schedule is tougher this year. Last years schedule was a cake walk so I'm glad they beefed up our schedule this year so we can really see what we're made of.

Here's my thoughts on some of the other teams schedules:

:Falcons: Their last 5 games is a little rough playing Cardinals, @ Lambeau, Steelers, @ New Orleans and playing the Panthers for the last game of the season. At least their home but that can be a tough stretch to get into the playoffs.

:Cardinals: The Cardinals December is rough. They start off against a playoff team and three divisional games. Hosting the Chiefs (still not a believer), @ STL, hosting Seattle, and @ San Fran for the last game of the season. I like the Cardinals chances this year but they will have to fight at the end of the year.

:Ravens: The Ravens are going to have to start off strong. They open up against three divisional opponents then against two playoff teams hosting the Panthers and @ Indy.

:Lions: Their last 3 games are divisional games. Last two @ Chicago and @ Lambeau.

:Chiefs: The Chiefs got smashed this year having 7 playoff match ups and play the Cardinals and Rams (who I think will be tougher this year). Broncos twice, Chargers twice, hosting Patriots, @ San Fran, hosting Rams, hosting Seattle, and @ Arizona. Chiefs got handed a really cheesy schedule last year (like us) but crumbled and choked in the playoffs (not like us) exposing their team.

:Vikings: I think they have a difficult schedule for their team. They have 3 difficult teams out the gate and can very well start off 0-3. @ STL, hosting Patriots, and @ New Orleans. After their bye two divisional games @ Chicago, hosting the Packers and followed up by the Panthers.

:Chargers: The Chargers December is tough. They host the Patriots, Broncos, @ San Fran, and end with a divisional game @ KC. They also play @ Baltimore their last game of November which I wouldn't underestimate either.

:Seahawks: The Superbowl Champs got billed this year. They start off against 3 playoff teams, Green Bay, @San Diego, and the Broncos. Then is sucks that they have a week 4 bye. Then their last 7 games is against two playoff teams not at home and FIVE divisional games. @ KC, Cardinals, @ San Fran, @ Philly, 49ers, @ Arizona, and the Rams. That's a hard stretch but rightfully so as the Superbowl champs.

:Rams: The Rams get screwed early with a week 4 bye. Then they get SLAMMED with 7 playoff match ups including 4 divisional games. @ Philly, 49ers, Seahawks, @ KC, @ San Fran, @ Arizona, Broncos, @ San Diego. That's a 7 to possibly 8 brutal stretch. Not to mention they have to play their last game @ Seattle. I think the Rams are tough and are on the rise but their strength of schedule even more so. Rams have the hardest schedule bar none in my opinion.

Edited by dutchff7

Not sure I've ever seen a Hawks' schedule as hard as the one we have this year. Taking it for what its worth of course, the difficulty of a schedule the way it looks in April is often misleading as things will happen, injuries will plague a few teams, rough starts and coach firings will inevitably happen.

Why are the Hawks Niners games in a 3 week span though? Stupid. Those are the two best games in the whole damn NFL. They usually made sure to spread out the Ravens Steelers games in the '07-'13 span or whichever years those teams were dominant.

Only games I'm really interested in going to are the home opener or the 49er games and I cringe at the idea of searching hard and only being able to find undesirable seats in the top or lower corners for waaaay too much. I'll still try.

Edited by BC
  • Upvote 2
  • Downvote 1

I will probably hit up 3 games if I can this year like I did last year. I am considering going to the Seahawks game in Charlotte this year it was a really good game last year I expect no less this year if we can fix any of our holes on offense in this draft both defenses will be strong.

I think I will get tix to the SNF game against the Steelers in Charlotte because my brother in law and other members of my family are Steelers fans, go to my first away game when they go to @ Cincinnati since I go there to watch Reds games from time to time and I wanted to check out Paul Brown Stadium. Then it will come to which other home game to go to I am choosing between the Seahawks, Falcons, or TNF against the Saints in Charlotte. I went to the monsoon game against the Saints last year so I am not sure I wanna go watch us play them again this year but it is TNF and I love night games.

• Upvote 1

Manning's schedule is actually pretty brutal this year.

You're right, the only games against teams with a meh defense is Oakland and San Diego games and maybe the Indy game. The other teams have a decent or elite defense.

Edited by CampinWithGoatSampson

Manning's schedule was pretty slim last year. With how amazing their offense was last year (except the superbowl), they warranted a tougher schedule.

Not sure that's totally how schedule making works... :laugh:

But the Broncos are supposedly much improved -- we will see how or if that holds.

Also, the defending champs start at 0 - 1 , any other interesting games to look out for?

• Upvote 1

Games outside my Eagles schedule:

Patriots vs Denver is a game that I'm interested in watching. Not so much for the Peyton vs Brady match up, but to see that Patriots defense with Darrelle Revis and Browner match up against that Broncos offense. Huge pick ups for the Patriots and can't wait to see their impact.

Pats vs Packers. Brady vs Rodgers and another good match up for that Patriots defense.

Saints vs 49ers. Rematch of that classic playoff match up a couple of years ago.

Saints vs Green Bay - Guess it's pretty noticeable that I love battles of elite QBs.

Colts vs Broncos - I was right about Luck knocking off the undefeated Broncos last year. Not sure about this year but hope he does.

Colts vs Patriots - Luck will beat them one day...I wouldn't bet on it this year though. NE has made it a habit of smashing Luck lol.

Redskins vs 49ers - For some reason I think this will be an entertaining game.

Edited by Dutch

What team does everyone think will have the worst record this season?

Had a 4-way tie at 3-13 between Miami, Tennessee, Jacksonville, and Washington. That was from my season predictions I did last month, roughly.

I'm guessing the Bills.

Put all my chips on the Cowboys. It's gonna happen.

Pats schedule is...

PDI0355069_P_Man-Yawning.jpg

Just not many games that get my dick hard. I mean the home opener is 3 weeks into the season and it's against the dog shit Raiders. :yao:

Games I'm most looking forward to (besides the Jets)...

1. vs. Denver on 11/2

2. @ GB on 11/30

3. vs. Indy 11/16

4. @ KC on 9/29

5. vs. Cincy on 10/5

For a top flight team they certainly got an easy looking schedule.

If they don't make it to the playoffs again then they only have themselves to blame.

My Texans get an easier schedule than last year but still face 5 top defenses.

Edited by Wattafan

Put all my chips on the Cowboys. It's gonna happen.

That's a difficult one for me to envision. Especially because they get the weakest divisions in both the NFC (east- obviously) and AFC (south).

A certain parallel to the 2013 Falcons can be drawn because of how poor the defense projects, but the offense is going mitigate some of that, being strong basically across the board.

KC vs the World. Jesus. It's not gonna be an easy road to travel into the playoffs this season. I'm not looking for any 9-0 start nonsense, I can tell you that. This schedule has big game after big game. You'll have that though when three teams in your division make the playoffs.

As for "getting exposed" *looks at dutch* I wouldn't go that far. They crushed the Colts for 33 minutes, and not until half of their starting defense was on the bench with a concussion did they crumble. Make no mistake: they did crumble, but I wouldn't go as far as to say they were exposed. They had to go DEEP into the bench, and they couldn't take it. For the record, you DON'T BLOW THAT LEAD, but that was one of those weird games. Everything was coming up Colts. It happens. They Chiefs aren't dog shit like you're making them sound, though.

I have Cowboys at 4-12. Couldn't bring them to be any lower though I initially put them at 2-14. Someone has to be the NFL's biggest bitch and this year it figures to be that defense.

What could absolutely destroy the Cowboys is injuries. That goes for every team, but Dallas is especially vulnerable because of how top heavy their often is (the defense is neither top heavy nor deep).

At receiver, Bryant and Williams should be a formidable duo but the next is line is up for grabs between Dwayne Harris, Cole Beasley, and 5th round rookie Devin Street.

Their starting offensive line looks like a force to be reckoned with, but the backups? Darrion Weems? Ronald Patrick? Uche Nawaneri (!!!)? That could get ugly if any are forced into the lineup.

Obviously a Romo injury would sting bad (Weeden :ohmy: ), though it's hard to hold that against them because how many teams could lose their starting QB and still be in good shape?

The only spots where they're actually fairly deep are TE, with Witten, Escobar and Hanna and RB with Murray, Dunbar, and Randle. For their sake, I hope they use a 2nd TE more than they do a 3rd WR. And I also hesitate to call that RB group deep because of how oft injured those guys are.

Bottom line, if the offense stays mostly healthy they will score points with anyone and win some games. But they're much less prepared to deal with injuries than your average team. This does look kind of hot though:

Bryant Escobar Smith-Leary-Frederick-Martin-Free-Witten Williams

Romo

Murray

Edited by KempBolt

Can't wait to see our offensive game plans for those NFCW defenses.