Omerta

What Centers you ?

Read a book about duality and the balance that is essential for living, it was not a self help book, but had story lines that made you think about character flaws and how to deal with them and function in reality.

I am not sure that I have ever sat down and thought about it, but for me it is water. Lakes, fountains, Oceans, bathtubs, hot tubs, and so on... Just the quiet and the serenity help you look outside of stress and think on another level, at least for me.

Running, I do it quite a bit. Aside from the obvious benefits it really kind of just lets you think. Whether it be with music and you are thinking about any number of things probably inspired by music. Running without them lets you take in your environment. Whether you hate it and it motivates you to elevate yourself from where you are or to be thankful for what you have and what you have worked for.

Those about sum it up.

What about you guys ?

Edited by Ngata_Chance

Personal space. I do a lot of my essential thinking when I can just get away from people. Thankfully, I have friends who get that. I need time to read, to write, strum on my guitar, etc. Basic, everyday individual hobbies. I'm glad it's that simple for me. I'm lucky, in that regard.

• Upvote 2

Being around the dogs and watching my little brother some weekends.

• Upvote 1

Walking outside on a brisk non-summer month early in the morning, I can just put my hoodie on and reflect on life. Listen to the wind howl, stare up at the moon and watch the fog swirl across the street. It brings out the deeper and more introspective me.

• Upvote 2

Solitude, like Bware, or spending time with children. No matter how shitty a mood I am in, my niece and nephew can right my ship in an instant (technically my girlfriend's family, but they call me uncle and have known me for nearly 3 years).

I'm actually about to start looking for a job at a local daycare. Kids love me, haha.

Great point about nieces and nephews. My two nephews could put me in a great mood if I was down to my last dime. It's not fair to them, but sometimes I realize I'm not in a good place if I'm not extremely happy to see them. When the younger one was born last year, I held him for the first time in the hospital and felt so little that it scared me. I ended up making some important choices right after that that led me to a better place.

Pretty much all the things everyone said put me in a good mood. I walk my dog right around dawn whenever I can. It helps.

I used to go on walks a lot to clear my head. Last time I did that was probably last summer.

Otherwise what has been said in here, solitude Blasting a little bit of music or just unwinding and playing a game of NHL. I find that for the past couple months whenever I play NHL it's when I'm not in a great mood and I use it more as a stress reliever. I'm in a good place when I'm sitting at my desk in my room.

The kids thing is interesting because lately I've also noticed when I'm feeling a little down I go and talk to my 14 year old brother just to talk to him and get my mind off things.

Sex.

I am sure Ricky Martin is excited about that too....

Sex.

I am sure Ricky Martin is excited about that too....

... :shifty:

But seriously.

I find great enjoyment and piece whenever I'm at a shooting range. Nothing like it.

Also, I enjoy working on cars, pretty active and have a lot of projects this summer. Driving is a big thing too.

Landscaping as well, used to do landscaping for my old school, and wish PA wasn't full of fucking hillbilly's so I could actually tolerate and coexist with the people I work with.

• Upvote 1

Flowing water and stuff is great, for me anyway. Ngata already talked about it.. But I have a small creek in the backyard which is great. So serene.. it's just really nice. Rain is also fantastic... I love the smell of it, the feel of it, the look of it.. And just the sound. I also own multiple little fountain kinda things you might see at the store. Nothing extravagant or anything, but they really work for me.. Great investment.

Actually talked to Sarge about this before, but I sometimes listen to just a loop / track online of rain / thunder storms.. Totally mellow and great for self-reflection.

I also like just walking through town with my music playing for all of the same reasons.. Just a great time to look back and think. Clears my mind totally and even though I am listening to music, it's almost like I don't hear it (if that makes ANY sense whatsoever... Ha)

Unfortunately here, Spring has either been too cold or wet so haven't gotten out much this year yet. Hope to soon, though.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Cartoons, a girlfriend who gives great massages, music, good dreams, and SOMETIMES, a stiff drink. I am one of those people who drink to relax. After I get a few drinks in me, I let a lot of stuff slide that might usually annoy me.

Nature and serenity, specifically the cascade mountains and Mt Rainier, all within 1-2 hours of Seattle where I've been all my life. We camped a lot growing up. Dad is a huge boat/beaches guy and I also really love the rocky beaches we have all around here, but not quite as much as the mountains are more of a journey and much more secluded. Last summer I actually started doing this thing where I would head out to the mountains around 5pm, and get out there around sunset, watch it set, then watch the stars slowly come into view, set the camera up on the tripod, and start taking a series of long exposures for an hour or so, and then create star trails exposures. Absolutely love the ambience of the untouched nature atmosphere especially up here in our region. And the last year or so I've been embracing it alone as I'm trying out being single for awhile for a change. Haven't regretted a single trip, the mountains have definitely become my sanctuary where I think about life, dreams, existence, just all of everything. I'm definitely becoming one of those North Face / REI commercial type of people. I usually snowboard 3-4 times a winter and will spend the entire day over on the backside at Stevens Pass where all the untouched fresh snow lies and will go between the trees.

Edited by BC

I go back to great times when I'm with my nephews and they want to watch old Scooby Doo cartoons. So nostalgic.

I spend at least an hour a day by myself listening to Lupe Fiasco. That, and attending Church every Sunday is all I need.

Used to be the weight room, but there are too many either stupid people, people who show up to show off, and women who show up to just look pretty.

I'm able to clear my head when I'm listening to music, reading, or spending time with my pet. Depending on what it is, I don't like to go through it alone in which case it's nice to talk it out with someone. Other than that, being alone to sort things out is best.

Smoking weed

music

getting some pussy and if I can't do that then jerking off lol

Edited by seanbrock

Smoking weed

music

getting some pussy and if I can't do that then jerking off lol

You must jerk off a lot then coward.

Working out

Music

Seeing the 24/7 smile and laughter that is my two- (soon to be three) year-old daughter.

Playing/watching people video games

Sometimes reading works for me...not always...

• Upvote 2

Sometimes the best thing for me is Work, honestly. Either of my jobs can distract me from trouble and just put me in my element.