Sign in to follow this  
BwareDWare94

Brock Jensen

One NFL Team Will Get A Steal In North Dakota State QB Brock Jensen
April 11, 2014 1:40 pm EDT by Rick Stavig
Brock_Jensen.jpg

Tim Heitman-USA TODAY Sports

There’s always hidden gems to be found when the NFL Draft rolls around. That’s part of the beauty of the whole process. It’s a scouts dream to find the overlooked guy that no one really pays attention to, then take him late and he eventually turns into a stud. Whether it’s someone like Tom Brady (6th round), who’s found Hall-of-Fame-caliber success, or someone like Jason Kelce (6th round), who’s merely rock solid, there’s always hidden gems. North Dakota State QB Brock Jensen could be that guy in 2014 NFL Draft.

Look at any ranking of the QBs in this draft class and you won’t find Jensen anywhere near the top. Most pundits have him ranked right around 20th, some higher, some lower. When you look at his list of accolades, you have to wonder why he’s ranked so low. 3x National Champion, threw for 8,598 yards with an impressive 72/21 TD to INT ratio and chipped in 1,240 rushing yards and 35 rushing TDs in his career. Oh yeah, he’s also 73-7 as a starter going back to high school. And he’s not even predicted to be drafted?

Someone is going to get a steal in Jensen. Flat out, plain and simple. Someone is going to get a heck of a player in this kid.

Take away his statistics on the field and look at the numbers he put up at his recent Pro Day. 6-foot 2, 225-pounds, 4.70 40-yard dash, 34-inch vertical, 9-foot 2 broad jump, 4.35 20-yard shuttle and 7.06 3-cone drill. That’s an athlete with size right there. Even if he had a noodle for an arm, that’s a good enough package of measureables to take a flyer, maybe as a tight end, H-back, OLB, special teams demon, etc.

But he doesn’t have a noodle for an arm. He put up prodigious passing numbers for a reason. No, it’s not like he was facing SEC defenses week in and week out while playing in the Missouri Valley Conference, but he still showed he was capable of making NFL throws. Just so happened he was making NFL caliber throws against lesser competition because the BCS coaches didn’t find him. Don’t blame him for their blunder.

Plus, we’ve seen him against very strong BCS-level teams. Just look back to last August when the Bison went to Manhattan Kansas to take on the immortal Bill Snyder’s Kansas State Wildcats, the defending Big 12 Champions fresh off an appearance in the Fiesta Bowl. In front of the second largest crowd ever at Bill Snyder Family Footballicon1.png Stadium, Jensen went 21-30 with 2 TDs and a rushing TD en route to a shocking 24-21 win. Throw KSU with Minnesota and Colorado State as Div 1 FBS teams who were beaten by Jensen.

Hey, I’m not saying Jensen will necessarily be a franchise QB. But it’s not impossible, either. He’s far from a polished, finished product, and definitely needs to keep working on his accuracy. But he’s worth taking a shot on late in the draft, even if he only ever amounts to a backup. He’s a hard worker, good leader and a proven winner with a nice physical skills package. Even if he tanks in preseason, as a late round pick it’ll be minimum financial risk so you can cut him and move on.

But he deserves a shot. Which GM has the cajones to take a risk on a proven winner?

Rick Stavig is an NFL Draft Columnist for RantSports.com. Follow him on Twitter @rickstavig or add him to your network on Google+.

Read more at http://www.rantsports.com/nfl/2014/04/11/one-nfl-team-will-get-a-steal-in-north-dakota-state-qb-brock-jensen/?tKdvjVUdH8ozMLjk.99

Anybody here wondering if Jensen gets drafted, like I am?

Edited by BwareDWare94

Probably round 7. The article was fine till he starting spouting off Pro Day #s and acting like the mean anything at all.

Wait...Bware likes someone from North Dakota State???

• Upvote 1

With the 221st selection in the 2014 NFL Draft, the Buffalo Bills select....
Brock Jensen, QB, North Dakota State
21b0n89.jpg

Edited by Favre4Ever

Can't be worse than Tuel.

• Upvote 1

Brock Jensen would shit all over Tuel in training camp, and I bet he'd take the backup spot real fast, too.

Brock Jensen would shit all over Tuel in training camp, and I bet he'd take the backup spot real fast, too.

THmvtM.png

Edited by Chernobyl426

THmvtM.png

Have I forgotten somebody the Bills added? I thought Tuel and some other POS were the backups to Manuel?

Thad Lewis (the guy in the picture), who actually looked pretty good for a backup. I wouldn't be opposed to getting someone else but I wouldn't be upset if we went into the season with him as our #2.

Oh, that's right. Yeah, he had some nice moments. Jensen is going to surprise in the NFL, either way. He's either going to take a backup job behind an established starter or he's going to make his name in a place that's still looking for one.

I would actually love if the Cowboys took him late in the draft.

He signed with the Miami Dolphins immediately after the draft.

If Tannehil doesn't show some real progress, he's in trouble.

• Downvote 2

He signed with the Miami Dolphins immediately after the draft.

If Tannehil doesn't show some real progress, he's in trouble.

No, he's not lmao.

You should worry about Jensen beating out Devlin (Fins' 3rd stringer) first. He doesn't even pose a remote threat to Matt Moore.

• Upvote 1

You heard it here, first, Phil.

Realize I say this because Tannehil blows.

Tannehill blows, but Brock Jensen still isn't close to being on his level. :yao:

He didn't even put up earth shattering stats even though the competition he faced was pretty dog shit. Clearly wasn't worth wasting a pick on for any team. Good chance he gets cut before training camp.

You heard it here, first, Phil.

Training camp arm at best. Its not like he lit the world on fire and he faced pretty terrible teams. Career 62 comp percentage against division 2 teams.

• Upvote 2

Brock played in a run-dominant, two RB system with fantastic OL. He was never forced to be a gun it all over the place QB, but he did during his senior year, and he proved that he can make any throw you ask him to.

Has Tannehill been cut yet?

Bware if you're so confident in Brock, than why don't you put your money where your mouth is.

I'll bet you $50 via Paypal that he doesn't make the squad.

Deal?

Bware if you're so confident in Brock, than why don't you put your money where your mouth is.

Deal?

How about cash to mailing addresses? I don't use Paypal.

Deal?

How about cash to mailing addresses? I don't use Paypal.

It takes 2 minutes to setup a Paypal account. :shrug:

:coffee: Easiest 50 dollars ever made

Tannehill may of not played well last year but no way is Miami going to bench him for this scrub. Matt Moore>Jensen. Heck even Pat Delvin is a better player.