ATL_Predator

The bad news thread...

Unfortunately I haven't been getting checked, I haven't had insurance so I haven't been checked for a year. I know what the lesions look like so I've just been self checking and I just missed this one. It's in a spot that's hard to see. Anyways, I get it removed tomorrow. I think it will come back positive for malignant melanoma but I also think it won't be thick enough to require futher surgery. It's just a waiting game

Good luck, Taylor. I hope everything's alright.

My girlfriend left for Aruba for 10 days. idk what I'm going to do with myself.

Damn, Socal. Hope it all goes well for you, man. Good luck

Cut my hand open on a shitty window in my off-campus house on Sunday and had surgery today to repair severed nerves in my ring and middle fingers on my left hand. Shit hurts way more than I thought it would.

Pretty sure my landlord won't take responsibility for having windows that A) would not open and B) shattered with minimal pressure on it. Which means I'll have to pay to have the window replaced...

My grandfather died last night in very tragic fashion. He spends the winter months in Florida so my parents went down to see him and come back with him last night. Over the weekend they found out he developed lung cancer (not super shocking, he was already on oxygen and did a lot of smoking etc.). He also was going to get spinal surgery when he got back (they had an ambulance ready for him once he got to the Buffalo airport).

Well, I was supposed to pick my parents up from the airport at midnight last night and then take them home and go with my dad to get my Bop Bop (that's what all the grandkids call him) settled in at the hospital (and also I was going to give him this Chevy Bel Air poster I bought him a month ago while I was out of town).

Unfortunately, he coded on the plane. All of a sudden he slumped over and there were medic people on the plane. They put him in the aisle, the plane made an emergency landing in Atlanta, they immediately had an ambulance ready and took him to the hospital and spent an hour doing everything they could but could not bring him back. My mom called me at 11:15, I thought the plane had landed early but she was a wreck and said they were in Atlanta and told me all of this. I left work and had to let my two younger brothers know.

It's just all a little surreal. We knew he probably didn't have a whole bunch of time left but it wasn't supposed to be this way, and knowing I was going to see him in about an hour or so makes it all even crazier. My parents just landed back in Buffalo now (picked up by my Aunt) and I can only imagine the trauma they went through to witness all of that, especially my dad since that's his father.

I'm still in a little bit of shock I think. It's just weird to think now that all my grandparents are dead.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

I'm sorry for your loss. My grandma died suddenly and it was awful.

Oh Ricky, I am so sorry for you. :(

We found our family's 15 year old dog dead yesterday. It's not completely surprising but he was still quite mobile and aware for his age so it was somewhat unexpected.

Then this girl I've been talking to agreed to get together last night and seemed excited, but I was meeting friends from out of town and told her so, so she knew I might take some time to talk to my buddy I hadn't seen in over a year. We get there, she recognizes one person in the group and they seem happy to run into each other. I turn to her and talk to her for a few minutes too and she's smiling and seems to be enjoying herself. Not five minutes after I start talking to my buddy again she just bolts and walks home. We talked later last night and she apologized and says I didn't do anything wrong and that she's "just fucking crazy." She also said she'll try not to let it happen again.

Lmao. Like there's going to be an again, nutty.

Yeah, yesterday was really shitty.

That sucks, BWare. Really sorry to hear that. My Husky is 12 years old and I'm dreading that day. I know it's coming soon.

Dogs are better than humans. :(

Dogs are better than humans. :(

Truest statement ever made, as I was reminded firsthand last night.

Edited by BwareDWare94

:(

Lost my ~12 year-old Golden Retriever today. I'm glad it happened while I was home, instead of at work, since it's something I'd been concerned about lately, but still, that doesn't make it any better.

Shit sucks, man.

Lost my ~12 year-old Golden Retriever today. I'm glad it happened while I was home, instead of at work, since it's something I'd been concerned about lately, but still, that doesn't make it any better.

Shit sucks, man.

One of the worst feelings ever. But the sun will come up tomorrow, and day by day, you'll feel better. Stay strong, Vin. :yep:

Sorry Vinny. Losing a dog is one of the worst feelings. Hope you feel better soon.

:(

Damn. So sorry, Vin. Losing a best friend is never easy. I have no doubt that you made his life that much better just being his buddy and he yours. Happy memories!