ATL_Predator

The Real Draft Thread

It's about that time...

Tomorrow is the moment we have all been waiting for...for far too long. Cheers to the NFL draft...and may the odds forever be in your favor :smug:

Post reactions, comments, analysis, and whatever else the next few days here :yep:

Pats better draft a TE in the 1st or 2nd round or Imma be pissed

Austin Seferian-Jenkins is who I want. Looks like a baller.

A pass rusher would be cool too, maybe Dee Ford or Scott Crichton.

ASJ though.. gotta get a TE for Brady cause Gronk tore his ACL in December. Gronk probably won't even be that effective this year.

Edited by BradyFan81

Only ~ 28 hours

Very excited for this draft. Really have no clue what is going to happen with any team and there are so many scenarios the Bucs can go with. As long as we don't draft an OT or trade up, I will probably be at least content with the pick.

TFY Draft Insider Tony Pauline reports coach Lovie Smith's "wish" is for the Bucs to draft Pittsburgh DT Aaron Donald at No. 7 overall.

Pauline reports the Bucs ownership is "pushing for" Johnny Manziel instead. In Tampa, Donald could play the three-tecnhique spot and push Gerald McCoy to nose tackle, giving the Bucs four players capable of getting to the quarterback on the defensive line. No. 5 to Oakland is about as high we could see Donald going with his floor being No. 8 to the Vikings or No. 13 to the Rams.

I would be very happy with Donald. Dude is an absolute monster and can play pretty much anywhere on the line. Donald and McCoy next to each other with Johnson and Clayborn on the edge would wreck havoc for opposing offensive lines.

I'd be okay with Manziel, but I'd rather have Bridgewater or Bortles over him.

Edited by AllYouNeedIsLovie

LMAO

What a dumb report that is...

Polian has been on the Lovie-Donald thing forever now. He sounds like a guy fascinated with a player to a team and only has ridiculously dumb shit to say to try and make sense of it. Draft Donald and move McCoy to NT?? LOLOL

• Upvote 1

Draft Donald and move McCoy to NT?? LOLOL

I was just about to point that out.....

I keep hearing Donald to Tampa because the Tampa 2 NEEDS a three technique to make it work and I've been thinking the whole time.....don't they have a pro-bowl three technique??

I'll cry if we waste our #7 on a DT that we don't need. We already have Mccoy, McDonald, Spence, heck even Gholston can play a little DT when needed.

Donald could give McCoy a breather and he obviously wouldn't only be playing the 3 technique. Donald is an extremely versatile player and could pretty much play anywhere on the line. With the addition of Donald, we could possibly have the best D-line in the NFL and have a ton of depth at DT. Having great depth on the D-line and rotating guys in and out is never a bad thing.

I'm feeling surprisingly good about tomorrow. I'm hoping for Mack/Watkins or to trade back.

Overall I don't want to see us trade.

But I would like to point out that it's evident that the Texans don't want the #1 pick..otherwise, there would be no talks and such flowing about.

I hope for either Clowney, Mack, Matthews, or Robinson.

Anyone else and I will club baby seals.

Donald could give McCoy a breather and he obviously wouldn't only be playing the 3 technique. Donald is an extremely versatile player and could pretty much play anywhere on the line. With the addition of Donald, we could possibly have the best D-line in the NFL and have a ton of depth at DT. Having great depth on the D-line and rotating guys in and out is never a bad thing.

Hate to break it to you but Donald isn't stout at the point of attack. All of his talent is in pass rushing. On double teams and power plays he tends to get driven. He has the ability to shed blocks quickly, but I don't know how often he will do that in the NFL as a rookie. So playing him at the 1 technique or anywhere on a inside shoulder might not be a great option.

So you draft a guy #7 who can give Mccoy a breather? Why do that when someone like Easley can be had in round 3. Easley was a first rounder before his injury.

• Upvote 1

I'm happy with anyone not Bradley Roby. Please, no Roby. I'll break shit if we take Roby.

My dream scenarios for Round 1 (in no real order):

1) Trade up for Ebron (although I would be okay with passing and getting CJ Fiedorowicz later)
2) Stay Put and take CJ Mosely
3) Trade Back

COME ON TED, don't mess this up! :rock:

Want anybody on D not named gilbert.

I'm happy with anyone not Bradley Roby. Please, no Roby. I'll break shit if we take Roby.

I'm hoping you guys do so the Chargers don't!!!

Want anybody on D not named gilbert.

Donald :yep:

Would love to have him but doubt he drops to 14 and I also doubt we will trade up for a player. Gilbert is athletic no doubt about it but I watched 3 tapes on him and just not impressed look liked he was/is afraid to tackle as well.

Edited by monstersofthemidway

Seems like I always want CB for the 9ers... true again.

Hate to break it to you but Donald isn't stout at the point of attack. All of his talent is in pass rushing. On double teams and power plays he tends to get driven. He has the ability to shed blocks quickly, but I don't know how often he will do that in the NFL as a rookie. So playing him at the 1 technique or anywhere on a inside shoulder might not be a great option.

The dude dominated everyone he has faced and has ridiculous strength and quickness off the snap. I'm not expecting him to come into the league and dominate right away, but I think he will be a huge force come year 3.

So you draft a guy #7 who can give Mccoy a breather? Why do that when someone like Easley can be had in round 3. Easley was a first rounder before his injury.

No, you draft him and play him all over the defensive line. He's a great pass rusher and could play DE if needed. Having a defensive linemen who is as versatile as Donald is great to have.

• Upvote 1

Would love to have him but doubt he drops to 14 and I also doubt we will trade up for a player. Gilbert is athletic no doubt about it but I watched 3 tapes on him and just not impressed look liked he was/is afraid to tackle as well.

Here's a short scouting report I did on him:

Pros:

• Great top recovery speed, when in position breaks on the ball very well

• Stays on top of his WR in press man bail, long arms, can be molded into good press CB

• Excellent return man, potential to be an elite special teams player in all capacities

Cons:

• Struggles in backpedal and sinking his hips due to overly long legs

• Poor reaction out of breaks in both press/off-man

• Routinely exposed by lateral quickness against horizontal routes

Not a great cover corner. Press man guy who needs the right system to thrive. Gets burnt horizontally due to not being able to sink his hips due to his body type (long legs, short torso.) Plays great in press bail, stays on top of man and has the recovery speed when initially beat vertically. Great ball skills. Good player, just has a glaring weakness that smart teams will look to expose. Needs to be in the right system, isn't a plug and play guy. I like him, just not top 20 wise due to all the other talent in this draft.

• Upvote 1

I'm hoping you guys do so the Chargers don't!!!

Let's pray Dennard falls or we go Fuller/Verrett.