ATL_Predator

The Real Draft Thread

Hey, you wanna trade Matthews for Adams? :p

Would much rather have Jordan Matthews or Allen Robinson... Heck, even Mike Davis or Devin Street. Alas, I am a fan now... Whether I want to be or not. Lol. :shifty:

1.1 - Jadeveon Clowney: DE, South Carolina Grade A

-With the first overall pick the Texans took the best player in the draft. Anything else would have been a travesty.

2.33 - Xavier Su'a-Filo: OG, UCLA Grade B+

-Definitely a BPA pick here as most saw XSF as a first round prospect. Wade Smith was just put on notice.

3.65 - C.J. Fiedorowicz: TE, Iowa Grade B

-Not gonna lie I didn't really look at tight ends this year, but I know JD is a fan so neener neener neener! :laugh:

3.83 - Louis Nix III: NT, Notre Dame Grade A FUCKING PLUS!

-Holy shit! I had a high 2nd round grade on this guy. What a steal and upgrade at a position of need on top of that.

I've been one of Rick Smith's biggest critics, but right now I'm pretty happy with the job he's done this year. Now just hurry up and get a quarterback!!! If the Texans draft Aaron Murray I might go streaking to the quad.

I wanted CJ and got stuck with Richard Rodgers. CJ is the best all around TE prospect, IMO. He may not be super explosive or super fast, but he does everything at least above average. Quite the steal, IMO. Lmao. :Suicide: . We needed a C, TE, or ILB with that second third rounder and there was just no value left at those positions -- per my imaginary board that is.

Guys I am still looking at....

Walt Aikens, CB
Tre Boston or Hakeem Smith or Dontae Johnson (maybe CB), S
Mike Davis or Devin Street, WR
James Morris or Yawin Smallwood or Lamin Barrow or Jeremiah George (purely homer), ILB

Brett Smith or Brock Jensen, QB

There are other guys I would like of course, but this is who I am focusing on. Let's finish this strong, Green Bay!!

EDIT:

Oh, one other thing.. Something I have seen from drafted Packers players so far (although I haven't seen an interview of Rodgers yet) is an overall amazing attitude and yearning for greatness. They are answering questions the right way and have the right mindset to make a difference at the next level.

I know I am biased because I have been on his bandwagon all off season but it was like seeing Jordan Matthews up on stage... I could see the fire in his eyes. The will and determination... I saw the sweat, blood, and tears he is about to pour into that Eagles franchise. So jealous.

I will take a guy slightly less talented with that attitude over an elite physical specimen with a mediocre / slightly worse attitude any day of the week.

Edited by Favre4Ever

BjHbGKQCIAAoDc4.jpg

The new Bae ♥

SurfBortles. Topless Lindsay Duke in the new endzone swimmin pools. BortleKombat to big A-Rob and Agent Lee for the TD. OMG.

:doge:

Amzing. Wow.

Guys, Campin broke. We need to fix him. I have duct tape guys, don't worry.

• Upvote 1

I'm really not sure why the fuck we picked Dri Archer.

I've seen the light. Emperor Caldwell has chosen Based WarBortles and his disciples Lee and Robinson to lead us to the promise land.

Watching Willie McGinest deliver an awful intro and conduct an entire symphony of boos, announce a terrible pick with Gorpoppollo and then watch all the Patriots fans jumping around in their Tom Brady jerseys was the draft's low point for me.

Paul Richardson should make a nice new Golden Tate, if he doesn't die. Does anyone know if he can return kicks? I still want Chris Davis Jr. :yep:

Edited by BC

1.1 - Jadeveon Clowney: DE, South Carolina Grade A

-With the first overall pick the Texans took the best player in the draft. Anything else would have been a travesty.

2.33 - Xavier Su'a-Filo: OG, UCLA Grade B+

-Definitely a BPA pick here as most saw XSF as a first round prospect. Wade Smith was just put on notice.

3.65 - C.J. Fiedorowicz: TE, Iowa Grade B

-Not gonna lie I didn't really look at tight ends this year, but I know JD is a fan so neener neener neener! :laugh:

-Holy shit! I had a high 2nd round grade on this guy. What a steal and upgrade at a position of need on top of that.

I've been one of Rick Smith's biggest critics, but right now I'm pretty happy with the job he's done this year. Now just hurry up and get a quarterback!!! If the Texans draft Aaron Murray I might go streaking to the quad.

Can't believe we got the Irish Chocolate. Great move.

Let's see if Belichek drafts Murray now.

Loved the Ninja psyche with the Fiedorowicz pick too.

Edited by Wattafan

FUCK YOU PHILLY FOR DRAFTING HUFF FUCK YOU.

I will never see the Pack draft a Duck :(

I've seen the light. Emperor Caldwell has chosen Based WarBortles and his disciples Lee and Robinson to lead us to the promise land.

Don't forget to give the Based God his proper thanks.

:doge:

I'm pretty happy with the Eagles draft so far. Marcus Smith seems like a reach, but we fleeced Cleveland by getting an extra 3rd rounder in the trade-down previously, so that compensates a bit. I LOVE Jordan Matthews in the 2nd round (also like only giving up a 4th to move up and get him). Not sure how I feel about Josh Huff; would rather have addressed defense with that pick, but at least we're being aggressive with keeping our offense fast and talented.

there has to be some reason he fell so far, I accepted long ago that NFL execs (on average) know a lot more about these guys than any of us or any of the analysts, so I have trouble calling someone who fell a round and a half to two rounds from the 'expert' projections a steal

Marcus Smith wasn't a reach. He was projected to go late first round to early second round due to the lack of pass rushers. We move down only 4 spots, address a positional grabbing a top 5 pass rusher coming out the draft and acquire a 3rd round draft pick (only moving 4 spots). That's a win.

The Matthews pick is just awesome. Finally a big and tall WR. Josh huff on the other hand was a bit of a reach who was at least a 4th rounder but we traded back and picked up another two picks returning value which can be considered an equalizer. We got the first pick in the 4th round and the first pick in the 5th round getting first dibs at the beginning of each round which is awesome. I like Huff and know he will make plays especially considering the plethora of weapons we have. I'm very happy with this draft so far. Now we just need to get Pierre Desir and Ahmad Dixon and Christian Jones.

It's basketball on grass in Tampa...the...DUNKaneers...if you will... :smug:

:yao:

Sims is a decent prospect, but it seems like a luxury pick when we are not in position to be making those kinds of picks. I do like that we are trying to add offensive weapons though. Defenses will have a hard time trying to defend Jackson, Evans and Seferian-Jenkins.

Don't forget about Tim Wright. I think that kid is going to ballout. :yep:

Edited by BucD

But the Steelers doh... Why??

Why indeed.

I'm really not sure why the fuck we picked Dri Archer.

I loved the first two picks, but this pisses me the fuck off. Chris Rainey worked out so well as a 5th rounder that he wasn't even on the team in his second year. And all this after putting up a pathetic 26 Car, 102 Yds, 3.9 Avg, 2 TD, 14 Rec, 60 Yds, 4.3 YPC, 4 Fum.

So after that shitshow, they decide to waste a motherfucking 3rd on some Rainey clone? Sub 180 lb RBs do not fucking succeed in the NFL; they have fumbling and durability issues. Both Rainey and Archer had health and fumbling concerns coming out of college. These are not players you waste a fucking top 100 pick on.

Archer had the highest Fumble Percentage of all RBs in college football last season and had a shoulder injury, a knee injury, and an ankle injury.

To add to this, NFL history is against him. Only Dexter McCluster has been even somewhat successful as a ~180 lb RB in a long motherfucking time. Nobody with any sense would argue that he's worth a 3rd round pick. And McCluster's got like, 600 career rushing yards. Most of his success has come as a slot WR. And even then he's averaging exactly 375 yards per season.

So his best bet in the NFL is as a slot WR? If you want a WR, draft a fucking WR. Or use Markus Wheaton, the in-house 3rd round WR with blazing speed that saw the field 161 snaps last season that is larger, knows the route tree, has hands, knows the playbook, et cetera. Or hell, throw a fucking dart at your WR column on your draft board and call it good. Jesus fucking christ.

This pick was bullshit. Unless he can somehow be the one exception to the rule with ~180 lb RBs, this pick was just fucking dumb and has Tomlin's pretentious fucking name scribbled all over it.

there has to be some reason he fell so far, I accepted long ago that NFL execs (on average) know a lot more about these guys than any of us or any of the analysts, so I have trouble calling someone who fell a round and a half to two rounds from the 'expert' projections a steal

I've said all weekend that Nix is a terrible pick. He had to drop around 20 pounds to hit 330 at the combine. His playing weight is 350 and he's got a fucked up knee that has required multiple surgeries already. A bad knee on a guy whose playing weight rivals only Terrence Cody's bitch-tits is not at all desirable.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel
  • Upvote 1

I'm hoping for Jordan Zumwalt a very underrated LB, Keith McGill, Lache Seastrunk, Cyril Richardson, or Anthony Steen.

Hopefully the Bucs go OG with their first pick today. Even if they do think Nicks will be back and ready to play, we need help at guard.

Late center

Late QB

Safety

Another CB

OLB

OT

I don't care which positions the Bucs draft, these guys won't come in and start right away. Just take the BPA.

I am liking our draft so far.

Southward I had to do some research on, but he's got a lot of potential and isn't an injury liability.

Freeman is the type of receiving back we need. Quizz, Freeman, S-Jax will be nice.

And Phil....

I PICKED STORK FOR THE PATS AND THE HOODIE LISTENED TO ME BOW TO ME!

Of course we pick TWO guys that I hated in their position groups. Well Carey can be a hammer on goal line and replace Bush

Oakland could be pretty damn good. If only they didn't screw up FA so much ... Their scouting looks to be dead on. Pro personnel looks to be really weak.