ATL_Predator

The Real Draft Thread

First round loser: Browns

First round winners: Non-Manziel having teams.

• Upvote 1

I am now all in on Dominique Easley, love the pick. It sounds like he would've been a sure fire top 10 pick if not for the injuries. Belichick is money with his 1st round defensive line picks too. 01 Seymour, 03 Ty Warren, 04 Vince Wilfork, 12 Chandler Jones.

From what I've read Easley is extremely explosive off the line, has a relentless motor, very disruptive, and loves football. I cannot wait to see what this kid can do.

As far as what other teams did, Brandin Cooks was one of my favorite players in the draft, so love that pick for the Saints.

- Dennard is great, he's gonna really help Cincy.

- The Bills are idiots.

- Kind of surprised the Cowboys didn't go Defense cause theres is terrible. Martin is a solid pick though.

- I hate to admit it but Pryor was a good pick by the Jets.

- Texans still need a QB. Mallett perhaps?

Edited by BradyFan81

I can't consider the Vikings a winner when they drafted Anthony Barr in the top 10. I don't see Bridgewater as a game changing elite franchise QB either so I won't bust a nut over that. I like what the Rams did the most, got two studs on the LOS.

Is his ACL going to hold up though.. After tearing them both, is he more prone to it happening again? If you answer no.. Probably a great pick.

Is his ACL going to hold up though.. After tearing them both, is he more prone to it happening again? If you answer no.. Probably a great pick.

It's a legit concern for sure.

He came back from the 1st one that he suffered in the last game of the 2011 season, had a great 2012 season, and then tore the other one in the 3rd game of this year. So he came back from the 1st one and was fine. Hopefully he will be able to come back from this one as well.

However, suffering 2 torn ACLs before your college career is over is definitely weird. Maybe he's just susceptible to injuries. But the Pats only have like a 2-3 year window before Brady is done and Belichick retires, so if we can get 2-3 great years out of Easley before he breaks down then I will be fine with that.

First round loser: Browns

First round winners: Non-Manziel having teams.

The Browns may not win the SB but I feel they got stronger. They really didn't have anything to lose in the Manziel pick, They've done so well getting picks that they can honestly make the entire rest of their team strong and hope to get just solid production from Manziel to succeed.

Having Manziel bust terribly wouldn't help them but also won't make them worse than they previously were. Can't see him being as bad as Weeden or Colt McCoy. If two years go by and Manziel isn't the guy, by then they will have turned a lot of these picks they've accumulated into a solid supporting cast to give someone the Wilson treatment in 2016.

I cannot envision the Browns not being in great overall shape by '15 and '16. Even the Rams had bad luck with draft picks yet they've become stronger from the way they've been able to get a large haul of picks over a significant amount of time.

The Browns traded back up into the first round for a QB with a lower ceiling and much lower floor than Brian Hoyer... Please tell me how that is making them stronger.

The curse lives on.

Nice raping of the Bills though.

How does Manziel have a lower ceiling than Hoyer? His ceiling is HOF, his floor is lower than Hoyer, I'll give you that.

Because he has happy feet, his first instinct isn't to throw, and he is going to get crushed in the NFL. I'd almost be willing to bet that he develops that trigger happy / afraid of your own shadow type of mentality which will lead to inaccuracy, inefficiency, and massive inconsistencies.

He's around right now to give the Browns fanbase some semblance of hope -- not to actually play QB. They like it right now, but when their dreams are crushed by the way of the Cleveland #22 Curse -- they will wish draft day 2014 never happened.

Also... Apparently this was taken a couple weeks ago and I never even knew about it. >_>

HaHaInstagram.jpg

Wasn't a fan of the pick, but... He's a Packer now and has my support. Packers assigned him #21 which should make it all the more interesting. We did fill a major need with (depending who you ask) solid value -- so not much else I will argue on the topic.

Gonna be fun to see what the rest of the draft has in store.

My ideal day 2 would be...

Rd 2: Jordan Matthews / Allen Robinson
Rd 3: CJ Fiedorowicz
Rd 3 COMP: DaQuan Jones

Dennard is everything I could've asked for. Let's keep the solid picks flowing, Cincy.

I know I am NOT the biggest football expert here but it wouldn't be surprising to me that before it is all over with Aaron Murray ends up with the Texans. I don't think they will pick him early in the 2nd round, but I wouldn't be surprised if he was taken late 2nd or early 3rd. I think he could find success there with the defense the Texans should have.

Personally I like the Ha Ha Clinton-Dix pick, he has great range across the back, looks like he can make plays and will hit hard. We have missed a S like that for a while tbh.

My overall reaction to the first round.....I NEVER seen SOOO many perfect fits being drafted. There were a couple of head scratchers, but I wrote best fits as far as scheme and coaches and supporting cast for each prospect and about half the first round nailed it!

And on that note. I will forever hate the Tennessee Titans.....sigh

Honestly I've always seen Marcus Smith as more of a DE than a LB. I really thought that we were going to take Marquise Lee. I'm kind of disappointed because I feel Smith doesn't have the tape or the production to warrant the selection, but I'm not an NFL scout. I'll give him a chance. If he can come in and make an impact rushing the QB it's a great pick.

Love the fact that we picked up an extra 3rd and have 7 picks again though. I think the Eagles might have taken Smith at 22, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they may have thought Dee Ford would be there and the Chiefs grabbed him. Personally I think if we just played Graham more instead of Cole who is better against the run that we'd have more pass rush production and obviously play Curry more too.

• Upvote 1

I hope Schneider picks a WR today i would love Matthews,Robinson or Marquise Lee.

Honestly I've always seen Marcus Smith as more of a DE than a LB. I really thought that we were going to take Marquise Lee. I'm kind of disappointed because I feel Smith doesn't have the tape or the production to warrant the selection, but I'm not an NFL scout. I'll give him a chance. If he can come in and make an impact rushing the QB it's a great pick.

Love the fact that we picked up an extra 3rd and have 7 picks again though. I think the Eagles might have taken Smith at 22, but I have a sneaking suspicion that they may have thought Dee Ford would be there and the Chiefs grabbed him. Personally I think if we just played Graham more instead of Cole who is better against the run that we'd have more pass rush production and obviously play Curry more too.

Marcus Smith rushed the QB a lot standing up. Trent Cole was actually very productive against the run and stuffed defenders in the backfield more than any other LB on our team. He was lacking and inconsistent in pass rush though. Graham was very good in the pass rush department with his limited opportunities. He only got 3 sacks but he got a lot of pressures per snap and was disruptive in the back field. However, he was pretty poor against the run.

I still don't get Marcus Smith.

It wasn't as much of a reach as everyone thinks. It's been reported that Marcus Smith was going to go very early in the 2nd round.

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/statuses/455556959983239168

https://twitter.com/MoveTheSticks/statuses/455560801344974848

So NFL teams tell us where players are really valued at; not mock drafts.

However though, the Eagles acquired a 3rd round pick so the value scale was balanced. Deone Bucannon was projected to go in the 2nd round as well and the Cardinals moved down 7 picks to 27th pick and got the 91st pick. We only moved down 4 picks and procured the 83rd pick. That's great value. Marcus Smith was a top 5 pass rusher prospect coming out. After Attaochu and Demarcus Lawrence, the value and talent drops off. The Eagles got a player they liked and addressed a need for the team which is a pass rusher while acquiring a 3rd round pick. That's a win.

Edited by Dutch

I had Smith as my 20th* best player. He's already better then someone like Barr, and is more explosive then Barr. Really don't know why people think they reached.

Also he played a good portion of his snaps as a stand up guy, I'd argue he's a natural LB if anything.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F
  • Upvote 2

Really thought the Rams were going to go for the more technically sound of the two OTs, instead of taking the guy with the higher bust potential.

Also don't like the Donald pick. Like Donald, but I don't like the Rams picking him.

Dolphins - wat

Don't like Dee Ford to the Chiefs either. Nothing legit behind it, just don't like it.

I really, really, really, really hope that Johnny Manziel is a colossal bust (sorry Trident). I am so tired of his cult hyping him to hell. He truly is the new Tebow and it's awful.

Edited by Vin

I felt like the Rams did well to grab Donald on top of Robinson, like most of you.

LE: Chris Long

NT: Michael Brockers/Kendall Langford

UT: Aaron Donald

RE: Robert Quinn

That's a scary fucking DL, provided Donald turns out.

My thoughts on Shazier:

http://www.thegridironpalace.com/forums/index.php?/topic/69676-ryan-shazier/

Adam Schefter ‏@AdamSchefter 2m Filed to ESPN: 49ers trading a conditoonal 2015 4th-round pick to Buffalo for WR Stevie Johnson, per sources. Pick can become a 3rd.

blots mad

Really thought the Rams were going to go for the more technically sound of the two OTs, instead of taking the guy with the higher bust potential.

Also don't like the Donald pick. Like Donald, but I don't like the Rams picking him.

Dolphins - wat

Don't like Dee Ford to the Chiefs either. Nothing legit behind it, just don't like it.

I really, really, really, really hope that Johnny Manziel is a colossal bust (sorry Trident). I am so tired of his cult hyping him to hell. He truly is the new Tebow and it's awful.

Robinson actually has less bust potential than Matthews. If Robinson doesn't work out on the outside you can move him inside and he becomes a great OG. One of, if not the safest pick in the draft.