AllYouNeedIsLovie

Day 2 Wishlist?

Dri Archer

Dri Archer

Dri Archer

but if that's not a choose I guess I'll settle for Dri Archer.

I really dont mind the Lions taking a large selection of players tbh. Only guys I would be against are HBs not named Archer.

I know the Lions organization doesn't care about defense. Do the fans care about defense at all either? lol

Me claiming I want Archer doesn't mean I don't want them to address the defense.

Also, the Lions in the last two years have committed more picks on defense then to the offense by a wide margin. Not really sure where people get this impression that the Lions don't address defense. Lol.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Dri Archer

Dri Archer

Dri Archer

I really dont mind the Lions taking a large selection of players tbh. Only guys I would be against are HBs not named Archer.

I know the Lions organization doesn't care about defense. Do the fans care about defense at all either? lol

Me claiming I want Archer doesn't mean I don't want them to address the defense.

Also, the Lions in the last two years the Lions have committed more picks on defense then to the offense by a wide margin. Not really sure where people get this impression that the Lions don't address defense. Lol.

Probably because your defense is putrid outside of one position.

We did awesome to get to pick twice. Wish list didn't change. We should cash in and steal two of our first round targets

Xavier Sua Filo

Papa_Yank

Jordan Mathews

Cody Latimer

Davante Adams

Go ahead and trade down some more or go DE and it wouldn't make me go all Ramsey mode on the TV either.

Dri Archer

Dri Archer

Dri Archer

Also, the Lions in the last two years the Lions have committed more picks on defense then to the offense by a wide margin. Not really sure where people get this impression that the Lions don't address defense. Lol.

Probably because your defense is putrid outside of one position.

Completely irrelevant seeing as the weakest position on that side of the ball has been addressed more then any other over the last two years.

It's irrelevant that you defense is trash and you are more interested in adding copy cats of players already on your roster? Lol.

Draft smarter. Draft better. Play smarter. Play better.

OT

WR

And RB

With the rumors of the Bucs being on the phone with teams that are looking to trade up, my wishlist has changed to trading down and acquiring an extra pick or two and then selecting the best OG available with our 2nd rounder. For the 3rd round, as long as we take a slot WR, pass rusher or possibly even another OG, I'd be happy.

It's irrelevant that you defense is trash and you are more interested in adding copy cats of players already on your roster? Lol.

Draft smarter. Draft better. Play smarter. Play better.

No its irrelevant because Dutch asked why it seems the Lions don't care about defense when its been the complete opposite the last two years.

And please, do go on listing all the ways these young drafted players automatically make a defense good.

I think you got me there, actually. It is the Lions picking... Whoever they take will flame out and not really help at all. Fair point, Dmac. I concede. :yep:

Oh hey I remember Stevie Johnson

852191819.gif?1399663108

nice grab son. this should be fun.

Edited by BC

Way to completely dodge the question. Lol. Good save F4E.

It isn't about making your team 'automatically' good because the draft as a whole is a gamble. It's about diagnosing the problems within your own team and going out fixing it or at least trying. And you usually have to use higher end draft picks to do it as you can't always rely on picks on day 3 to contribute. Since 2010 the Lions have taken almost TWICE as many O players in Round 1-3 as they have D.

What are the results?

A completely one dimensional offense that puts up a lot of numbers except for the one that matters most -- victories. And a defense that can only do one thing correctly (and to be fair, that one thing is a good thing to be good at) because you can't draft talent on that side of the ball outside of one.. one and half positions and can be seen as mediocre at the absolute best?

In the same time frame in which you've built up this one dimensional offensive group that doesn't know how to win, your defense is hovering inside or near the bottom 10 in every major defensive category outside of probably sacks.

It's time for Detroit to open their eyes and smell the coffee... The mindset that stacking volume statistics on top of one another will lead you to victories (and I am not even talking a Super Bowl, conference title, or even playoff berth) has proven to be completely and irrefutably ignorant.

Don't worry... I love the Detroit front office having the mental capacity slightly above that of Matt Millen, but doesn't the constant failure ever just get to you? So many Lions fans (and players) were so excited and content with that ONE playoff appearance a couple years ago that they completely took their foots off the pedal and stopped caring.

Motown and their fans will be living of that playoff loss for the next decade, just as I predicted that off season years ago.

Van Noy

Bradford

Brooks

Bailey

Potentially Ladler

Mettenberger

Carey

One of the centers

Edited by Chernobyl426

Way to completely dodge the question. Lol. Good save F4E.

It isn't about making your team 'automatically' good because the draft as a whole is a gamble. It's about diagnosing the problems within your own team and going out fixing it or at least trying. And you usually have to use higher end draft picks to do it as you can't always rely on picks on day 3 to contribute. Since 2010 the Lions have taken almost TWICE as many O players in Round 1-3 as they have D.

What are the results?

A completely one dimensional offense that puts up a lot of numbers except for the one that matters most -- victories. And a defense that can only do one thing correctly (and to be fair, that one thing is a good thing to be good at) because you can't draft talent on that side of the ball outside of one.. one and half positions and can be seen as mediocre at the absolute best?

In the same time frame in which you've built up this one dimensional offensive group that doesn't know how to win, your defense is hovering inside or near the bottom 10 in every major defensive category outside of probably sacks.

It's time for Detroit to open their eyes and smell the coffee... The mindset that stacking volume statistics on top of one another will lead you to victories (and I am not even talking a Super Bowl, conference title, or even playoff berth) has proven to be completely and irrefutably ignorant.

Don't worry... I love the Detroit front office having the mental capacity slightly above that of Matt Millen, but doesn't the constant failure ever just get to you? So many Lions fans (and players) were so excited and content with that ONE playoff appearance a couple years ago that they completely took their foots off the pedal and stopped caring.

Motown and their fans will be living of that playoff loss for the next decade, just as I predicted that off season years ago.

Where are you getting your information from? Lol. This is extremely wrong.

Okay so it's closer to like 1/3 more. Sue me... All of the points stand, ya know.. the ones you dodged. Don't accuse people of dodging questions when you yourself can't stand up to the same expectations. :nope:

Edited by Favre4Ever

No, my point has been all along the exact same. The Lions don't show a favoritism on any one side of the ball.

You tried to disprove that but all you did with your "fact" is prove me right because they've have spent an equal amount of picks in the first 3 rounds on defense and offense (as apposed to your outlandish claim of spending twice as many picks on one side). This year doesn't count because all we have to go off is the pick they have made in round one.

The rest of your post isn't worth disputing because its based on a "fact" that isn't factual at all. And has nothing to do with what was originally being discussed.

Edited by DonovanMcnabb for H.O.F

Dion Bailey

Allen Robinson

Jarvis Landry

Joel Bitonio

Marquise Lee

short list but there are a lot of players I could be excited about. Really want Dion Bailey to be an Eagle

I want a real Centre for our line, because it improves both our LG and C spot.

A backup Tackle in case Clady goes down again.

Another playmaker in the front 7 (Kyle Van Noy?)

And anything else would be a luxury, but a Kick Returner, a third receiver so Sanders doesn't stay on the field as much, and another spell back so Montee Ball isn't handling duties alone.

With Xavier off the board I'm quite happy with the Bucs pick of ASJ. We now have 2 great 6'5" WR and a pretty damn good 6'5" TE now for McCown (Or Glennon I hope). Kinda hoped we would trade down for another pick but i certainly can't complain with what we got.

Matthews is a guy I wasn't high on when looking at WR's,but like I said with the Smith pick, I'm not an NFL scout so I'll give him a chance. I have faith in Chip Kelly after last year. Maybe Chip sees a role for Matthews in his offense.

Not high on the WR we took either, but looking at Ted Thompson's history of taking WRs in Round 2 (Jennings, Cobb, Nelson)... I think I will just shut my mouth and be happy with the pick.

The draft is about 25 hours away so I thought I'd officially put down my wish list. Here is my ideal draft scenario.

Trading back into the 2nd round and getting in order:

2nd: Davante Adams (or Allen Robinson if he's not there) and Marcus Smith, Deone Bucannon, Jeremiah Attaochu or Demarcus Lawrence.

3rd. Stanley Jean Baptiste, Terrance Brooks, Jared Abbrederis, Christian Jones, Donte Moncrief, or Cody Latimer.

If any of those guys in the 3rd drop in the 4th, that would be great. If we can come out of the draft with a combination of these guys, the draft would be a success in my eyes.

First round prospects I would want if we didn't trade back in order:

Anthony Barr, C.J Mosley, Darqueze Dennard, Kyle Fuller, Calvin Pryor, Stephon Tuitt, Justin Gilbert, Hasean Clinton Dix. If we were to go WR, Odell Beckham and then Brandin Cooks. I want defense first though even though I really like Beckham and think Chip will utilize Cooks to get good production out of him; both of them actually.

Can't wait until tonight to see what our Eagles do. After an entire year in Chips offense and Billy Davis 3-4 defense, it's exciting to see them be able to hand pick their own players to fit their systems for the long term. Go Eagles! :rockon:

:Eagles:

Big Board

Round 2: Davante Adams - Allen Robinson - Jordan Matthews - Pierre Desir- Austin Sefarian-Jenkins - Terrance Brooks - Stanley Jean-Baptiste

Round 3 - Austin Sefarian-Jenkins - Terrance Brooks - Stanley Jean-Baptiste - Jared Abbrederis or Jarvis Landry (tied) - Christian Jones - Stephon Tuitt (if he falls for whatever reason)

I'm loving our draft. We move down 4 spots and add a top 5 projected pass rusher Marcus Smith which was a primary positional need for our team and acquire a 3rd round pick in the process. In the 2nd round we swap 2nd rounders with the Titans our 54th for their 42nd and gave them our 4th 122nd overall pick to select Jordan Matthews. Finally a big physical tall WR who has the potential to be a #1 receiver. Someone who can go up for those jump balls and not just rely on speed and do better against the press. The Eagles are grabbing everyone on my big board so I'm a happy camper right now. :cool:

Well things were going well till we selected a RB