Sign in to follow this  
Thanatos

Update: Charges Against Greg Hardy Dismissed

You can bet all you want, but you don't call someone guilty based on a hunch when the girlfriend *admitted* she was using cocaine and Hardy denies it, and was never accused of it during the trial.

The more I read into this, the more it stinks. She's white, he's black, it's in SC, its a female judge...

The 911 call is from Hardy, don't forget- seems odd that he would do that if he was clearly at fault- and she can clearly be heard in the background yelling and throwing things it sounds like.

Edited by Thanatos19

You can bet all you want, but you don't call someone guilty based on a hunch when the girlfriend *admitted* she was using cocaine and Hardy denies it, and was never accused of it during the trial.

The more I read into this, the more it stinks. She's white, he's black, it's in SC, its a female judge...

The 911 call is from Hardy, don't forget- seems odd that he would do that if he was clearly at fault- and she can clearly be heard in the background yelling and throwing things it sounds like.

Look man, the cocaine is a non - issue in this verdict. In a case like this, drug use only really comes into play when the defense brings it up to hurt the credibility of a witness or plaintiff. That's not a hunch, either. That's just the way it is. Her using cocaine doesn't make her a liar, yet you keep bringing it up like it's the linchpin in your conspiracy theory.

Also, are you saying that a black man can't get a fair trial in SC? White women are liars? A female judge can't be impartial in a domestic dispute? Should only a man be able to rule on this matter? Some of these things? All of these things? Do you have some first hand knowledge that raise these concerns? Who's making assumptions now?

Edited by Charles-in-Charge
  • Upvote 2

You need to not take my post in a vacuum and look at what it was replying to, which was Sean's.

"I'm willing to bet Hardy was doing coke, too."

And yes, the fact that she was using drugs and is accused of becoming violent has no effect whatsoever, because cocaine can never make you violent. :nope:

There is no conspiracy theory. Go fucking research the case if you want to continue debating, otherwise I'm done.

John was making a pretty fair assessment and replying to your reply about the cocaine. I don't really get all that "answer in a vacuum" stuff.

This is going to a jury anyway, so all the bias and conspiracy stuff being thrown out there can be tossed out the window. Unless of course all of the jury members are middle-aged white women, which I am sure Hardy's attorney wouldn't allow anyway.

Because he said the judge wasn't making his answer off a hunch, which wasn't what I was saying. I was replying to Sean's hunch that Hardy was also on cocaine.

sorry I missed it earlier, but Hardy was inactive today because of this? I really can't believe how reactionary the league is being on this issue, Hardy played last week and unless I'm mistaken (and I don't think I am) nothing has changed with Hardy's case in the last week, this was only done because of what the media has said this week, fucking ridiculous

• Upvote 1

It was the Panthers decision, but yes, I agree.

The NFL is discussing intervening in the Greg Hardy situation.

The Panthers let Hardy play in Week 1 even though he was found guilty of domestic assault in July. He was deactivated for Week 2 once the Ray Rice situation blew up. Now the NFL is considering stepping in with discipline.

Per Rotoworld.com:

Panthers placed RE Greg Hardy on the NFL's exempt/commissioner's permission list.
As expected. After the Vikings used the exempt list to banish Adrian Peterson while his child-abuse case is resolved, it gave the Panthers an avenue to use on Hardy. The 26-year-old Pro Bowl pass rusher was convicted of domestic assault in July. The Panthers are a little late to the party after Hardy was allowed to play Week 1, but the NFL also has done absolutely nothing to punish Hardy. He'll now stay away from the team for an undetermined amount of time while collecting his $13.116 million guaranteed salary. The Panthers will roll with a combination of Kony Ealy and Mario Addison opposite LE Charles Johnson. No. 3 DE Frank Alexander has two more games left on his four-game suspension. Sep 17 - 2:24 PM

Utterly fucking stupid.

First move of Gettleman and co. that I strongly disagree with. The Hardy situation is nothing like AP's at all, but because of public pressure, they kow-tow to the media and the people who don't research the situation and put our franchise-tagged player on the bench for political BS.

Utterly fucking stupid.

First move of Gettleman and co. that I strongly disagree with. The Hardy situation is nothing like AP's at all, but because of public pressure, they kow-tow to the media and the people who don't research the situation and put our franchise-tagged player on the bench for political BS.

Lol did you hear the 911 take from the neighbor? Shit sounded crazy.

I heard the 911 call from Hardy. Shit was totally crazy. It was two idiots being idiots.

Hopefully this is not pushed back to next year like most think it will be which "IF" Hardy is found innocent will put him out the entire year. The whole guilty verdict deal everyone keeps pointing to is a little off because in the state of NC once the trial moves to a jury trial that verdict is thrown out and no longer holds any grounds.

If Hardy is found guilty by jury he deserves anything that happens to him but from what I have read they need a unanimous guilty verdict to convict him in this case so if they are able to to convince one person of the jury that this is suspicious or that there is not enough evidence then this will get thrown out. From everything I read the day of the court case I don't believe there is enough there unless they produce something new to warrant a unanimous guilty verdict.

Having Hardy sit now could also be viewed as the Panthers taking early action at suspension. The NFL could come in later and fine him but given the place this put the NFL & the Panthers they would have taken some sort of action even if he is found innocent so doing it now may lessen the blow if he does get found innocent. No one knows what really happened but the way it sounds a bunch of drunk people who made some dumb decisions. I just think after sitting through the news sources that tweeted every statement that day there is way too much he said she said and not enough evidence from what we the public know at this point for this to end any other way once it does go to trial.

This isn't as cut and dry as the Rice situation where he admitted to what he did and there was video of it. Where Hardy still holds on to his plea of being innocent. I do worry finding a impartial jury may be hard for this case given the media storm and lack of detail the media has produced from it doing nothing but focusing on the accusers statements from the bench trial and none of what could question her credibility.

Also has nothing to do with being a homer or fan. If I read these details of this case in context no matter who victim and the accused was I would still question everything including the ruling on the first case giving it was made off of feeling like the friends statements held more merit then the statements of the witnesses from the accused side when the friend seen absolutely nothing but supposedly heard it.

Edited by panthergf
  • Upvote 1

Per Rotoworld.com:

Profootballtalk reports Panthers RE Greg Hardy's trial for domestic abuse has been postponed until after the season.
The trial had been set for mid-November. It's unclear if or how this will affect Hardy's indefinite suspension, though NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports it means Hardy won't play this season. He'll surely argue that he should be allowed to suit up as his legal situation plays out. The Panthers' defense has desperately missed Hardy's dominating presence off the edge. Oct 30 - 7:13 PM

CHARLOTTE, N.C. -- Prosecutors dismissed domestic violence charges against Panthers defensive end and soon-to-be free agent Greg Hardy on Monday after they said the accuser in the case couldn't be found.

The dismissal happened just as Hardy's appeal in the case was set to begin. Mecklenburg County district attorney Andrew Murray told the judge that officials attempted many times to contact the woman, but failed. Murray said the woman had reached a civil suit agreement with Hardy.

Hardy, whose NFL future is uncertain, left with his attorney and did not answer questions. Moments before court convened, Hardy appeared calm, tweeting that he would be giving away a pair of his game cleats to a fan who could name his favorite color, his favorite president and his favorite NBA player.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000469450/article/panthers-greg-hardy-has-domestic-violence-charges-dismissed

It was reported that the Panthers want nothing to do with Hardy or bringing him back.. I wonder if that will still be the case.

If I was Greg Hardy I'd want nothing to do with the Panthers.

• Upvote 2

If I was Greg Hardy I'd want nothing to do with the Panthers.

Agreed, the organization is fucking terrible when their players get into trouble. Ditched him immediately and now the whole case is dismissed.

Agreed, the organization is fucking terrible when their players get into trouble. Ditched him immediately and now the whole case is dismissed.

they didn't ditch him immediately, they waited until they'd pissed people off by trying to stand by him

they didn't ditch him immediately, they waited until they'd pissed people off by trying to stand by him

Ahha, no. They were waiting for him to be charged. Jerry Richardson is a snobby elitest owner. Anybody gets into trouble he wants them jettisoned.

Go to Dallas and stay out of trouble, hoss.

Go to Dallas and stay out of trouble, hoss.

So... does this mean you're a Cowboys fan again? What happened to the Vikings?

So... does this mean you're a Cowboys fan again? What happened to the Vikings?

They sucked lol

To be fair, the reports are that Hardy paid off this chick to drop the case.

This ^^^ It's not like the dude was found innocent or even not guilty. He paid a bunch of money so that the chick would drop the charges. He pretty much admitted guilt in doing so, so I don't see that the Panthers screwed this up at all. Hardy clearly "allegedly" did something wrong, and after the Ray Rice thing, what did you think was going to happen when he got charged with domestic violence?

Giant professional athletes taking out their anger on women FTL.

• Upvote 1

Sigh. Except that's not what happened at all, but whatever. Given up on this one.

The chick was on drugs and screaming to get back INTO his apartment during the 9-11 call that Hardy himself placed, which I previously linked, but yes, clearly, this is just another routine "man beats up woman" case. Let's not look into the details, just the surface.