BwareDWare94

Confession Thread

I refrigerate my Oreos and own a copy of Jack London's "Call of the Wild" that I stole from my eighth grade English teacher. I have yet to read it.

lolthisthread.

Where are the juicy confessions, Bware? :no:

Forgive me, Phil, for I have sinned!

I think I have kind of a big one

I have pretty much zero knowledge about anything music related, like I probably couldn't even name 30 musicians/bands all time. Maybe not even that much. I mean I know NOTHING about music. I've never owned an ipod in my life, and I don't ever just listen to music as an activity or something. It's not that I don't enjoy good music, cause I do, it's just not something I've ever delved into deeply. If someone asks my what type of music I listen to, I'm usually too embarrassed to say "I don't listen to music that much, really" so I'll usually just say "All kinds, no preference." which is true I guess because if it's good music then it doesn't matter what genre it is to me. I just don't have that go to genre or artists that other people do though. And most of the popular music today is extremely annoying and I'm going to kill myself if I have to hear Pitbull sing that stupid Timber song during the nba playoffs again

Robert Jordan has beautiful prose, but at the same time, I'm sure if you counted the number of times a woman snorted, sniffed, or tugged on their braid you'd be astonished at how much space is spent on it. Minor complaints aside, Wheel of time is still fun to read, but It feels like a bit of a slog sometimes while the world is getting set up and the storylines get developed.

Anime is a largely under appreciated medium and deserves some love. Some. >_> I'm not saying to raise every moe show to the highest pinnacle of art or anything, but it's not all garbage.

I feel like higher education is way too overvalued in today's society. You need to spend an arm and a leg just to get it and you can't do anything without some kind of degree (and can't do anything with a lot of degrees anyway).

• Upvote 1

I have a whole lot of big ones, that I probably won't mention, but here are some others. haha.

I HATE mangas and anime, including the Dragon Ball sega, etc. Even talking about them to me is terribly annoying (but IDK why). But I LOVE Naruto. I could talk about it for hours on end.

I spend far too much time reading articles, especially on pointless topics that have no bearing on my future, like sports and philosophy. You could probably build a city with the amount of different philosophy topics I know a lot more then I should about, and football and basketball topics that even the more educated sports fan wouldn't care to learn about. But I HATE reading books. Its probably been over 6 years since I've read a book from start to finish. Even the textbooks for my own field, I've only actually open and looked at 3 of the 11 textbooks I have related to Interior Design.

I talk to myself, out loud, and in my head way more then the average person, so much so that I seriously think its an illness (one of several) that I may have. I could probably go days without seeing a soul and it wouldn't matter to me. Its my secret to working these 12+ hours shift behind a desk at dispatch. or the 8+ hour shifts watching parking lots, etc. I seriously think if it wasn't for the fact that I go to a small liberal arts college where we are pretty much forced to be social creatures, make tons of friends, and go out often, I probably would be extremely socially awkward. That plus being in a major that's the third biggest on campus and is 95% females.

• Upvote 2

Go big or go home, Dmac. :p

I don't like the Baconator.

• Upvote 2

I've never seen a lot of movies that most people would look at you weird for. As an isolated only child kid growing up my passions were sports, camping, and the outdoors. I mean I played the gameboy in the car and at school a lot and eventually became infatuated with the internet once my family got it when I was 15 or so, but I just didn't care about media related stuff until near the end of high school. I always enjoyed physical adventure 10x more. It really pisses me off that "normal" people have watched every show, seen every movie, because quite honestly I think my way of living (or preferred way of living) is better.

That said, even I think I'm pathetic for never having seen The Lord of the Rings. New Zealand is #1 on my travel list and I've actually been meaning to ask around where I could grab the very first one. The last girl that I was talking with a lot (but ended up not dating) was a huge LOTR and Harry Potter buff and she's the last person I confessed this stuff to and it really sucked.

I would not give a shit if people routinely beat the piss out of hipsters. I hate their style. I hate the fucking beard products. I hate that they try to represent working class with their style choices and yet most of them have no clue how to change a tire.

I see no classiness in drinking wine, and I wish people would stop talking about it. You want to know how to know if someone drinks wine? Don't worry, they'll tell you.

Don't eat eggs or bacon.

Of course I eat eggs in pancakes or cake, whatever. But won't eat it by itself.

Edited by Bay

I eat A LOT of canned tuna. Like an unhealthy amount.

Actual writers > professors in writing class who try to force all people to write in the same way.

There are masterpieces that are written and if you tried to write in the same style for a class, the teacher would laugh at you.

I'm unqualified to talk about Game of Thrones specifically, but this point is totally valid. If Quentin Tarantino showed the Pulp Fiction script to a screenwriting class, he'd get crucified.

Here's another confession: I don't listen to Led Zeppelin.

310.gif

Oh yeah, confessions, um..

I really like listening to Katy Perry's music.

• Upvote 1

Football is no longer my undisputed favorite sport. I would say it's more like tied with baseball now. Fuck Goodell and everything he stands for.

The NFL draft is cool, but I think it's over-hyped as an event.

I listen to a lot of music other people don't like, but I don't care. If something sounds good to me for any reason (lyrics, rhythm, beat, guitar, drums, etc...), I listen to it. Plain and simple.

Now that I've graduated from college, I am extremely worried about finding a good job, even though I know I would do a great job for whoever hires me.

Relative to my current means, I have a spending problem.

Football is no longer my undisputed favorite sport. I would say it's more like tied with baseball now. Fuck Goodell and everything he stands for.

I'm with this one. I know it may be taboo considering the board we're on, but I like hockey just as much as football now. And it's not even so much about Goodell's incompetency. Offseason is too long. :dry:

I listen to a lot of music other people don't like, but I don't care. If something sounds good to me for any reason (lyrics, rhythm, beat, guitar, drums, etc...), I listen to it. Plain and simple.

Now that I've graduated from college, I am extremely worried about finding a good job, even though I know I would do a great job for whoever hires me.

:hifiver:

Although I don't listen to these genres as much, I dabbled in Death Metal, Doom Metal, Screamo, Sludge Metal, other Extreme Metal.

Huge Punk and New Wave fan along with Heavy/Speed/Thrash Metal, Hard Rock, Alternative.

Is it too late to sign up for the "Led Zeppelin is mehtacular" club?

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

Is it too late to sign up for the "Led Zeppelin is mehtacular" club?

tumblr_lwsm75fGTC1r2mc4o.gif

• Upvote 2

Welcome to the dating world! :p

• Upvote 2

I think John Mayer is a fantastic music.

I like postmodern literature.

Welcome to the dating world! :p

Hah, truest post you've ever made.

• Upvote 1

Sticking with the music topic, I have found that I don't mind a lot of today's pop music. It's not necessarily something I'd put on my preferred portable music device, but I'll listen to it when I'm driving.