BwareDWare94

Confession Thread

I doubted Steven.

I've been thinking about this throughout Memorial Day, but I really really really hate all the hollow "support our military" propaganda that we see on a day to day basis. It's often used for the wrong reasons, and I don't think sharing a picture on the internet is any kind of "support" of our military.

It really irritates me that we have this shit forced on us, constantly. All the fake money grab songs by assholes like Toby Keith also piss me off.

Why can't we just offer real, legitimate praise and gratitude on a couple of days a year (Memorial Day, Independence Day) and not have this day to day "Thank and support your military!" bullshit.

I'm really starting to feel like Social Media has become Orwell's Telescreen.

My bad, didn't think that was too offensive (thought it was more funny but humor is subjective) but I've now taken note and my logs shall never cross your sight again :yep:

I said it as a joke, I thought it was pretty funny :lol:

--

Memorial day confession: Off the top of my head, I don't really know what memorial day is for... Just general troops and stuff or is there a specific event it commemorates?

Memorial Day celebrates the memory of fallen men and women in the military in past wars. That's what it's really about, but people make it into other stuff.

Yeah, but it's also a day to pay respect to deceased loved ones, whether they were in the military or not. That's my understanding, anyway.

It started as a a way to honor dead confederate soldiers after the Civil War as Decoration Day. Each community kinda had their own day they did this and grew into a nation wide tradition and eventually a national holiday. I hadn't ever heard of it in terms of non military dead family members but it wouldn't surprise me.

I'm officially a Capitals fan :yep:

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2

Yeah, but it's also a day to pay respect to deceased loved ones, whether they were in the military or not. That's my understanding, anyway.

I have never heard that before.

I have never heard that before.

Eh. Even if it's not true, does it matter?

There are a ton of places that hold memorial day ceremonies that are not specifically for deceased veterans.

Here in Hawaii they have whats called the memorial lantern floating where thousands of people gather on the beach and release small lanterns on tiny boats into the sea in memory of any deceased loved one.

It was a cool experience

I've been thinking about this throughout Memorial Day, but I really really really hate all the hollow "support our military" propaganda that we see on a day to day basis. It's often used for the wrong reasons, and I don't think sharing a picture on the internet is any kind of "support" of our military.

It really irritates me that we have this shit forced on us, constantly. All the fake money grab songs by assholes like Toby Keith also piss me off.

Why can't we just offer real, legitimate praise and gratitude on a couple of days a year (Memorial Day, Independence Day) and not have this day to day "Thank and support your military!" bullshit.

I mean this with all the tact in the world, but you're a special kind of asshole dude.

Eh. Even if it's not true, does it matter?

Nope, the truth is always irrelevant... :Suicide:

I mean this with all the tact in the world, but you're a special kind of asshole dude.

Well, then, I guess I'm going to:

Special-hell%20aug11.jpg

To be completely honest, I wonder if you're misreading what i'm saying (because I couldn't figure out a way to make it more clear). I'm not criticizing support for our military. I'm criticizing hollow support for our military.

It's like going to church because you feel like you have to, not because you want to.

I listen to Blues in my spare time. Maybe not so much a confession, moreso something that people didn't know about.

Dude, you're acting like I don't care. All I said was that I don't personally believe most people care, and that they just throw shit out there because they feel obligated, and you come in with this "special kind of asshole" comment like I'm attacking our military, constantly.

Everything you've brought up has been comments I've made about certain people in the military, not the military itself, not every member of the military. If pointing out shitty stuff is "whining" and "bitching," fine. You ought to be able to speak your mind on a message board, and it's not like I'm posting videos of me burning flags and criticizing all of our soldiers. Re-fucking-lax.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

It's just another job, man. I farmed many acres of wheat last year and helped produce many different food products that we eat on a daily basis. Do I expect you to respect me for that, even though it's something that you may never consider doing? No. Not at all. We all have our own jobs; we all choose our own occupations. I might go so far to say that I respect any draftees because they were forced to go through this shit, but people who openly enlist, by their own choice, are no different than you and I for choosing our occupations. They made their beds and get to lie in them. They do not deserve my respect any more than the baker who can make a pastry of a quality far beyond anything I could ever prepare in the kitchen.

Then we're debating a point we agree on. I'm saying that I don't respect the cats who think they deserve it, because 9 out of 10 times they walk around with an entitlement complex and act like they're the shit.

Yes, I do think it's the same. They choose to do it. They aren't forced to, or inclined to--they sign up.

Yeah there is no way that could be misconstrued at the very least as indifference. Comparing a soldier to a fucking baker ? No, no reason to be pissed when someone trivializes the sacrifices soldiers go through.

So if a soldier thinks he might deserve a little respect he is now a douche with an entitlement complex ? OK.

Yep they sign up so it is no different than being a farmer, baker, or anything like that ? I mean the parallels are incredible no ?

All if those were generalizations, not certain people. Forgive me for thinking that it was a sweeping statement that made no effort to differentiate specifics.

Insanity I know how those statements could derive derisive comments from a vet is insane.

• Upvote 1

why should we not thank or support our military everyday ? Do they only do their jobs on those days ? Have they only done important things on those days ? Im not saying donate money or anything, but support is free, either you do or you dont. You dont do it two days and say fuck'em the rest of the year. That is hollow support.

why should we not thank or support our military everyday ? Do they only do their jobs on those days ? Have they only done important things on those days ? Im not saying donate money or anything, but support is free, either you do or you dont. You dont do it two days and say fuck'em the rest of the year. That is hollow support.

Hollow support is the constant propaganda we have shoved down our throats. Not only is it arbitrary, it's political. We don't need to say "I/we support our military" every 10 fucking seconds for them to know we support them, imo.

Next confession: I can't stand the whole "I'm sorry, I've got a girlfriend/boyfriend" thing with some friends (or, well, people who want to call you their friend when they're single). When these people are single, they're hitting you up all the time and you're grabbing drinks with them once or twice a week, but as soon as they get into a relationship they go off the grid and it's a fucking fight to even get them to hang out once a month.

And then their excuse is, "I have a girlfriend/boyfriend. That's just how it goes."

No, it fucking doesn't. You make time for your friends. Single, Dating, Married. If they exist during one, they exist during them all.

I've ditched people for this, removed them from my life. I've had a couple of girls get really pissy when I wouldn't give them 99.999% of my time when we were dating.

Respect the people who care about you and give them some of your time, regardless of your "relationship status." That's not asking too much of your friends, and it isn't asking too much of your squeeze for them to understand you have to make time for other people.

Edited by BwareDWare94

At the same time, its annoying that people don't understand that yes, you want to spend along time with your boyfriend/girlfriend, and you aren't going to go out as much as when you were single.

At the same time, its annoying that people don't understand that yes, you want to spend along time with your boyfriend/girlfriend, and you aren't going to go out as much as when you were single.

Not as much shouldn't equate to next to never, though. That's what I'm talking about. Some friends are good for once a week, even when they're dating. That's not an unrealistic expectation (if you're in the same town).

And then there's the fact that people who do the disappearing act almost always fall into severe codependency, which obviously isn't healthy.

Edited by BwareDWare94

The world would be a better place if we didn't need soldiers. However, we do and that sucks. So I like to thank the people who have to do the worst job (unless you are an unfeeling sociopath perhaps) to make sure we can enjoy our excesses. So thank you Canadian military. You three guys are doing excellent work.

Lawl Razor. Well played.

No my comprehension is just fine. It just gets irritating how every time something in the military gets brought up you have this kernel of wisdom on how it is all bullshit. There are threads where you have said being in the military is not as hard as they make it out to be and that not all soldiers are good people, no shit.

Then there is this thing where they have a breast cancer awareness month, Filipino pride month, Mexican Heritage month, LGBT equality month, and this list goes on and on and on. Do you throw mud at Sarah McLaughlin for all of her ranting about inequality, What about Elton John and how he feels about their finally being an LGBT pride month, or are they just scams like Toby Keith. What about Morgan Freeman and his thoughts on black history month, does that make him an uncle Tom ? Not ONCE do you get all fired up about this shit but Jesus fuck every time someone brings up veterans it seems you have to throw out that they are fallible and somehow undeserving of this appreciation that people are at least attempting to make. What is your contribution, whining on a message board about how memorial day should be for everyone, is that your idea of genuine appreciation. Thanks but I think most of us would take the fake sincerity over the whining.

Lest we not forget the fact that you have to shit on people on fucking memorial day. The day was in fact created for soldiers and you have to find a reason that it is unfair when people who get months just for being gay or a different color but Christ all fucking mighty, those damn vets get like 2 days specifically that they can call theirs and lets get all huffy and tell other people that people we don't know are being insincere. Do you know Toby Keith ? Did you know his father was in the military and earned a purple heart ? Why would he have an affinity for Americans ? Or lets not forget that Toby Keith has been sweating his nuts off in Balad doing concerts in tents at 3 a.m. No you're right he is doing all that to sell a few fucking albums when he was one of the most popular country music entertainers in the world at the time anyway. Are you mad that veterans day isn't for civilians too ? Let's all cry about that for a moment. Maybe we could give your incorruptible sense of truth its own day.

You want to point finger about hollow appreciation, but then you just tell everyone on a message board about how unfair it is that the memorial day isn't for uncle Joe Snuffy because all he ever did was absolutely nothing. I dont know if you like veterans or not and frankly I don't give a shit. With that being said does it become necessary anytime they are brought up that you have to remind people they are human and that they are too entitled. Especially when soldiers throughout history have been spit one, discriminated against, denied medical care they earned, denied benefits, to this day continue to be shit on by the government, until recently it was legal to not hire veterans because they were "unemployable", stupid cunts like Diane Feinstein saying that they are all fucking brain damaged and they all have PTSD. Yeah why would we have two fucking days out of the year people feel as though they should at least say something about the sacrifices the men and women in uniform make. No lets bitch about it instead, what the fuck ever dude. If I have to drag up all the bullshit you have said about the military and Vets I would find it a great personal fulfillment on this beautiful Wednesday I have off to bring them up and show you how they may be misconstrued as god damn disrespectful.

Thank you for saying what I've wanted to say for a long time. Tired of Bware always bringing this shit up in any military thread.

• Upvote 1