BwareDWare94

Confession Thread

Going out once a week regardless of significant other is a lot for me. Wait til your friends have kids. Jeez.

Going out once a week regardless of significant other is a lot for me. Wait til your friends have kids. Jeez.

I don't necessarily mean going to a bar, but if you're not popping out kids yet you can make time for your friends once a week, or at the very least twice a month. Not a huge commitment.

There is a fine line. I've always been really good at balancing my relationships with my friends. With my most recent ex I probably saw her AT LEAST four times a week, mostly more. But I still made time for my friends. I've even asked them and they say I don't really change whether I'm in a relationship or single I'm always kind of that rock. Obviously I may not have been seeing them quite as much but still made time time.

It sucks because one of my good friends is engaged now. I see him once every month or so the past couple months. AND when I see him it's because something is wrong in his relationship. But if I need him for something he's not there, he'll literally respond a day or two later to a text saying, "Sorry, I was with Jess" or not at all. It's pretty ridiculous. Yet, when he's single he wants to do something almost every night.

Some people are good at balancing their relationships. It's also true what blots is saying though. You shouldn't get mad at a friend for seeing you less because he has a girlfriend/boyfriend. But especially if you're good friends and all of a sudden it seems like he/she is controlling that could get annoying.

Edited by JetsFan4Life

There is a fine line. I've always been really good at balancing my relationships with my friends. With my most recent ex I probably saw her AT LEAST four times a week, mostly more. But I still made time for my friends. I've even asked them and they say I don't really change whether I'm in a relationship or single I'm always kind of that rock. Obviously I may not have been seeing them quite as much but still made time time.

It sucks because one of my good friends is engaged now. I see him once every month or so the past couple months. AND when I see him it's because something is wrong in his relationship. But if I need him for something he's not there, he'll literally respond a day or two later to a text saying, "Sorry, I was with Jess" or not at all. It's pretty ridiculous. Yet, when he's single he wants to do something almost every night.

Some people are good at balancing their relationships. It's also true what blots is saying though. You shouldn't get mad at a friend for seeing you less because he has a girlfriend/boyfriend. But especially if you're good friends and all of a sudden it seems like she is controlling that could get annoying.

I have a friend who's just like yours. She's gotten better over the years (she's a part of my social group, not strictly my friend). She used to disappear when she'd land a new boyfriend. Now, there's significantly more effort. Just like your friend, though, I have to play Dr. Phil when she's upset but if I try talk to her about something I often have to wait quite awhile, sometimes days, for a response.

I watched Ghostbusters for the first time last night.

I watched Ghostbusters for the first time last night.

I still haven't seen the whole thing. I also never finished Back to the Future.

I've gone atheist and have no idea how to tell my family, or if I even should.

• Upvote 2

If they ask you about religion just say you don't believe in that or that you'd rather not talk to them about it. Don't bring it up to them or they'll feel like you're forcing it on them and it'll start an argument probably. Don't know your family personally so I can't advise more than that, but I had the same issue trying to tell my family that I'm atheist.

when did this happen?

when did this happen?

It's been developing over a couple of years. I mean, I just can't make the puzzle pieces fit, anymore. I still attend holiday services and one here and there with my family, and at times I re-think it, but I always come back to the same conclusion--I can't actively be a religious (at least as far as Catholicism is concerned) individual while at the same time having some of the political and moral beliefs that I do.

I might try switching denominations. While Catholicism is actually a lot friendlier than some denominations of Christianity, it still has a long way to go. If Pope Francis has started a trend of focusing less on small-minded things, I might be able to come back around. If I come to the conclusion that I don't believe that there's nothing, I might try out a church in my college town.

As of right now, though--I value so many things that clash with the beliefs I was raised on, and it created so many little arguments in my head. At the very least, I need to step back and reassess everything.

I really want to get into hockey, but I so rarely force myself to watch games during the regular season.

Are any posters here willing to hit me up about nationally televised games between good teams, over the winter?

My advice is pay attention to the shoutbox when Bay is posting. lol

• Upvote 2

I like most of John Mayer's music.

• Upvote 1

I suppose so. He's a fantastic songwriter and musician, in general.

Bware I'd love to help.

Think I might prefer the regular season in sports. I like when all the teams are playing regardess of how bad the team is. Playoffs are just the realization that your favorite sport is ending soon.

• Upvote 1

Interesting take, Baykkake.

I think the playoffs truly give us the best games of the sport (Immaculate Reception, Music City Miracle, The Comeback), but if you're emotionally invested in a team that Cubs it every year, I can understand that take. Winning is for the elite, not for everyone.

lol

I bought a Tom Clancy book (The Bear and the Dragon) anticipating it to be a decent book because I was interested in the premise of what was essentially a world war in written form. I read forty pages into the book, and I haven't picked it up since. I haven't read Tom Clancy since. I don't like Tom Clancy's books. Waaaaay too much attention to detail, and not enough to the actual story. That's not to say I didn't see a story, but there was too much purple prose in the form of technical jargon for me to get into the book.

Clancy loves his technical jargon. It's not for everyone, but I know the military has told him a few times "Hey, you can't write about this, we're actually developing this tech right now" kind of things.