BwareDWare94

Confession Thread

Sticking with the music topic, I have found that I don't mind a lot of today's pop music. It's not necessarily something I'd put on my preferred portable music device, but I'll listen to it when I'm driving.

I am getting to this point as well, unfortunately. I used to listen to pretty much classic rock and some older country and that was it. But I find myself tuning more and more to the "Today's Pop" station. I blame mostly Adele, but Cee-Lo helped... And I realllllllly like Avicii. I feel very hipster-esquee saying that but...

Imagine Dragons <3

In before music elitists (read: Bware :p) cut us down for being mainstream. :D

I think you mean the hardcore feminists. Most are quite reasonable and are just looking for things like salary/wage to even out more between men and women. Nothing wrong with that.

As for modern pop, I really dug Ellie Goulding's first album before the dubstep world swallowed her up, entirely.

"The Writer" is an absolutely amazing pop song.

How I obtained the nickname glowworm:

Probably 7-8 years ago. Standing around outside drunk and stupid with 4 friends at approx. 2-3 AM. This is on a farmhouse with fields between neighbors. One of the neighboring houses was just being built not finished so there was mounds of dirt and a big ol pile of good lumber.

Well we decided we wanted some of that lumber. Just a little bit nobody was gonna notice. At this time we are all pretty shitfaced. So we make our way across the field loud and stumbling. We are close to the house and out of nowhere we hear a car rumbling up to us, and see the lights. The rest of my friends bolt to the right and get behind the mound of dirt. I...have no idea what happened to me. :laugh: I tripped I guess and just planted on my face. So I assume a somewhat fetal-esque position in the middle of a pitch dark field.

The car happens to be a police cruiser. Not sure if someone saw, heard us whatever but they came outta nowhere and they were looking in this field specifically. They are pointing the spotlights out the window and drove by probably 3 times. And I just didn't want to move. Curled up in the middle of the field.

By some miracle none of us were seen, or they just didn't want to bother. Anyways my friends said they could barely hold their laughter at the time because I stuck out like a glowworm and the spotlight hit me a few times.

Not one of my greater moments. Ha.

Guys... I think Peyton Manning is a vastly overrated QB who has no business on top 10 QB lists.

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 2

I've given up on Joe Flacco and think he's 2-3 years from being replaced.

I don't think tenure should exist for professors. Too many professors with tenure put in half the effort after the point that they're stable and really suck at what they do, and a six letter word shouldn't make them untouchable. For job stability I think there should be lengthy contracts that are renewed as long as those professors are good at what they do and stay out of trouble, don't have inappropriate relationships with students, etc.

Edited by BwareDWare94
  • Upvote 1

One of my favorite songs is "Just Dance" by Lady Gaga. I have no idea why since I hate all pop and radio music but something about that song just attracts me to it.

Pop music or not, Lady Gaga is one of those musical artists where the talent bleeds through no matter how bad the music is. most of the time.

I lied I don't mind California girls by Katy Perry and Snoop either

I don't like biscuits and gravy.

Matter of fact, I don't like breakfast sausage, in general. I find that it is over-spiced and you end up only tasting the spices.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Is that like a breakfast thing down in the states?

Yeah brown gravy... no thanks

Is that like a breakfast thing down in the states?

It's this fucking grease-fest of buttered biscuits covered in sausage gravy. While it's good for like 2 bites, it turns into an "oh my god, why did I eat this?" scenario because you start sweating and feeling like shit before you're even half done.

If I'm going to have an unhealthy breakfast, give me a skillet plate with hashbrowns on the bottom, topped with veggies and diced ham, two over-easy eggs and shredded cheese. Add Tabasco and eat.

Edited by BwareDWare94

Breakfast sausage is only good as part of a killer breakfast sandwich... such as sausage, egg, and cheese on a buttermilk biscuit. :yep:

I don't know if this qualifies as a confession, but I was incredibly offended by Family Guy's portrayal of our school's fight to keep its nickname of Sioux (a fight they've long since dropped. We're changing the name).

I was all for a name change, mostly because the fight was going to end up being too hurtful for our athletics, but also because the rough translation of Sioux is "snake in the grass."

Now the real issue here is that Family Guy depicted us as having someone in a mascot outfit. UND hadn't had that in years, and I'm not sure if they ever had one. All we had was the logo, which in later years was re-done so it looked more realistic, and respectful. Our logo wasn't a caricature like the Cleveland Indian.

Family Guy portrayed us as a school that had a caricature mascot and as a school that only cares about drinking when nothing could be further from the truth. Yes, UND has parties, yes some students drink too much, but that's every campus at every public university. Sue us.

Quite frankly, Family Guy was misinformed on the actual issue and could have made a commentary on it in a much more knowledgeable fashion

I don't mind a couple of Taylor Swift songs.

I don't know if this qualifies as a confession, but I was incredibly offended by Family Guy's portrayal of our school's fight to keep its nickname of Sioux (a fight they've long since dropped. We're changing the name).

I was all for a name change, mostly because the fight was going to end up being too hurtful for our athletics, but also because the rough translation of Sioux is "snake in the grass."

Now the real issue here is that Family Guy depicted us as having someone in a mascot outfit. UND hadn't had that in years, and I'm not sure if they ever had one. All we had was the logo, which in later years was re-done so it looked more realistic, and respectful. Our logo wasn't a caricature like the Cleveland Indian.

Family Guy portrayed us as a school that had a caricature mascot and as a school that only cares about drinking when nothing could be further from the truth. Yes, UND has parties, yes some students drink too much, but that's every campus at every public university. Sue us.

Quite frankly, Family Guy was misinformed on the actual issue and could have made a commentary on it in a much more knowledgeable fashion

I'm unsure why you felt it prudent to question the accuracy of the portrayals in Family Guy, seeing as the entire show is an exaggeration.

I'm sure this is what they think Dick Cheney is really like, right?

You're not the first person to cry out over the supreme injustice of the laugh had at the expense of the fine learning institution of which they're an alumni. These bozos in Tuscon expressed the same disdain.

http://www.tucsonweekly.com/TheRange/archives/2013/05/23/oh-hey-the-university-of-arizona-was-knocked-by-family-guy

North Dakota is the greatest school ever, we get it.

I confess that I find Bware's incessant and abrasive UND talk to be rather fucking annoying.

Edited by Zack_of_Steel

Matter of fact, I don't like breakfast sausage, in general. I find that it is over-spiced and you end up only tasting the spices.

Okay...now you've just taken it way too far mother fucker... :slingblade:

Biscuits and (sausage) gravy is one of the greatest things ever...with a side of cheesy scrambled eggs...

• Upvote 2

At least Dick Cheney actually shot someone, by accident. UND has never had (as far as I know) a mascot suit that anyone has run around in at sporting events. The issue isn't that they don't make a point--the issue is that they missed the ball, entirely.

And I very, very rarely talk about UND. I actually don't support enrolling in college unless you absolutely know what you want to do. UND was a waste of my time.

Edited by BwareDWare94

My dad is a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic and he didn't show any signs of it until after he turned 50 and deep down I'm shook the same thing will happen to me.

My dad is a diagnosed paranoid schizophrenic and he didn't show any signs of it until after he turned 50 and deep down I'm shook the same thing will happen to me.

It's one of those things that either will or won't happen. Don't worry when you can't know.

Yeah I'm not worrying about it now, but I've thought about it. Plus seeing it happen, and having to deal with it... man. Not fun. I've had a two year bout with paranoia before already though, which is why it made me think about it. I know this sounds like some stoner/hippy shit I'm about to say but ever since I did a lot of acid and mushrooms and confronted a lot of shit I had buried deep in my subconscious, I completely wiped those paranoid fears from my head and realized it was just me thinking it the whole time and the things I thought were happening weren't really happening. Which is funny because if you would ask anyone who's never done psychedelics they would think it would be the opposite — that it would of made me more paranoid, etc. I don't recommend it for everyone, but if nothing else is working it won't hurt. A quote I liked about it paraphrased said, "Psilocybin is like 30 years of therapy in a couple hours."

I'm not alone in thinking it could be therapeutic given the right person either: http://thechart.blogs.cnn.com/2012/01/23/magic-mushrooms-may-be-therapeutic/

Everyone's body is different, everyone's neurological make up is different so it's definitely not for everyone. But for some it can heal all types of old wounds. :yep: