Sign in to follow this  
Milla4Prez63

One of my co-managers was arrested for stealing money from us yesterday

So one of the managers I worked with, Rajiv, got caught stealing money from the store and had the cops called on him yesterday which led to him running and getting arrested. He was always kind of a dick, but DAMN. I never thought something like this would happen and my place of work would end up on the news.

http://m.dailycommercial.com/news/article_11b841f7-32d8-5f48-9cf7-1328578e6c74.html?mode=jqm#.U307RECzVD0.facebook

I'm sure every manager has had the same thought. "How the hell would I steal money from this hellhole?"

Still though, nobody should actually steal over 900 dollars like that. Apparently he did two overnight shifts and made no sales on those nights, just an obvious red flag to your bosses.

One overnight shift with no sales would raise an immediate red flag to me. I know when I worked at our hockey stadium in Calgary managers would "damage" food for the employees who couldn't afford food on their own but management stealing? I assume the store is pressing charges?

Even if the store doesn't want to press charges, the fact he ran from the police will get him in trouble. But considering he stole over 900 dollars, I'm guessing they want to press charges. I haven't talked to the GM about it and probably won't because 1.She won't tell me anything and 2.She probably wants me dead for quitting lol

YEARS ago when I loss prevention was part of my main duties where I was working I had one cashier who in the span of 3 shoppers let more than $900 dollars sneak past her register. It was on Christmas eve and one of the main items was an XBox (one of the original ones). Initially we were aware of the guy with the XBox and from his behavior expected him to sneak out with it......we were shocked when the cashier didn't even ring it up but put it in the bag along with several other items. We realized the extent of everything after trying to verify EXACTLY what was rang up and what wasn't on that transaction. The guy was already on probation and hadn't long been out of prison. The two people from the other two transactions directly before that (where she underrang) weren't arrested immediately but those two spent Christmas eve and Christmas morning (from what i was told) in jail.

To steal from most companies is pure lunacy. You may get away from it the first time but most of the time you will get sloppy and get caught fairly rapidly. Trust me hidden cameras and fiber optic ones are more prevalent than many realize and many companies keep 30-60 days worth of digitally archived video before erasing them.

And over $900 is definitely a felony unless things have changed (at one time it was $300).

Lmao if I was running a store, especially a fast food place like McDs and we didn't have a single overnight transaction -- the very first place I would look is to the camera footage.

I love moronic criminals.

I was going to rant but decided against it

Edited by southgadawg

We also did some digging and found out he has two previous arrests including one for bank fraud. If me and a few high school kids working on the grill can look this up on our phones, how did the morons running the business not find it? lol

Is this the douche manager that made you do the bitch work? If so lulz. Pretty stupid to steal from your own place of work and be so sloppy about it.

No, he is a different manager. But he was always kind of douchy and lazy IMO.

Cops probably would of not been called if it was just chump change but seeing as how it was close to a grand he will be doing time.