JetsFan4Life

2014 World Cup

I'm no soccer expert, but Spain being out already is a huge surprise right?

:yep: Not often you see a defending champ lose it's first two games in the following Cup.

:yep: Not often you see a defending champ lose it's first two games in the following Cup.

Spain became only the 5th defending Champion not to make it out of the group stages, France in 2006 were the last team to do that so it's pretty damn rare.

Well England are all but out baring a miracle, Suarez was the absolute beast he had been all season against us last night and took both chances he had. Tbh I am not overly upset as we had a hell of a tough group and are currently in a transition stage to youth, I thought the furthest we would go would be the second round so to go out in the group stages does suck but it's not a surprise.

At least I have France took support still (Family originate from France so I can support them :D)

Bangy is French. That explains a lot. :smug:

Spain became only the 5th defending Champion not to make it out of the group stages, France in 2006 were the last team to do that so it's pretty damn rare.

Well England are all but out baring a miracle, Suarez was the absolute beast he had been all season against us last night and took both chances he had. Tbh I am not overly upset as we had a hell of a tough group and are currently in a transition stage to youth, I thought the furthest we would go would be the second round so to go out in the group stages does suck but it's not a surprise.

At least I have France took support still (Family originate from France so I can support them :D)

That was actually in the 02 World Cup, France made the finals in 06 ;)

I have never liked the way Spain play, so I'm glad to see them out of it.

Edited by BJORN

I think it's fair to say nobody expected Costa Rica to get out of group play, much less be the first team in Group D to clinch their spot, but that's exactly what they did by winning their first two games, eliminating England in the process

That was actually in the 02 World Cup, France made the finals in 06 ;)

I have never liked the way Spain play, so I'm glad to see them out of it.

You are correct about the 02 World Cup, I always think that 2006 was in France not 2002 for some reason.

Ha maybe it is why Sarge maybe.

Ticos. Man i never really got to see CR play so well ina world cup before. Anytime we had a big game coming up we seemed to lose. Ive watched alot of Costa Rica soccer games growing up on my dads side. ( Dad side is Costa Rican) My grandmother is moving back to Costa Rica next month too. Hopefully shell have something to continue to cheer about it then too. Leggo Ticos.

Perfect scenario for me is Germany beats Ghana and USA beats Portugal tomorrow that way I don't have to worry about anything when they play each other in the last game of group play.

Perfect scenario for me is Germany beats Ghana and USA beats Portugal tomorrow that way I don't have to worry about anything when they play each other in the last game of group play.

I hope USA wins. Something tells me theyll draw 1-1 tho. And Germany should beat Ghana.

Messi goal was clutch AF. In stoppage time too. What a way to lose the game though. Thats gotta suck

Hope that draw doesn't screw us.

So say we draw Portugal.

Then the table would look like

Germany 4 pts, 4 GD

USA 4 pts, 1

Ghana 1, -1

Portugal 1, -4

Say Ghana wins by 1 goal over Portugal. They would then have 4 points and their GD would be 0. And say we lose by 1 to Germany (optimistic). We'd also have 4 points and a 0 GD. So the next tiebreaker is goals scored. Too early to tell who could win that but it is scary that it might come down to that.

Winning tomorrow is imperative. A loss and we're pretty much done cause then Portugal will be tied in points with us at 3 and Ghana at 1, so if either team wins then we're probably out.

Edited by BradyFan81

Why the hell isn't the first tiebreaker head to head?

Why the hell isn't the first tiebreaker head to head?

Why should one game decide it, especially in our case when Ghana outplayed us for a large part of the match?

I actually really like our chances tomorrow, haven't been impressed at all with Portugal

Just pray to god that Ronaldo really is hurting as much as he's leading on.

Guest Phailadelphia

What a heartbreaker.

:no:

What did he do? I wasn't paying that close attention at the end cause I thought it was wrapped up. Or is that cause of that wide open net and he put it right onto the defender who deflected it away? People that haven't watched him before are probably gonna think he stinks now lol. HE'S GOOD GUYS, OKAY?! TRUST ME

Edited by BradyFan81

Bradley BLEW in the game against Ghana. He did better in an overall game against Portugal but I just don't trust him right now in keeping possession in the ball which is his main job.

sure, Bradley shouldn't have turned the ball over late, but there were about five defenders I blame above Bradley for that goal based on letting Varela slide behind them, seriously, there were five defenders in the box and Varela was the only Portugese player near them, yet nobody was on him, how is that Bradley's fault?