Sign in to follow this  
Socal

My Cancer Surgery

i didn't know this was happening. Hope the results come back ok.

• Upvote 1

I will keep you in my prayers. My own father survived skin cancer (even if he didn't survive policystic kidney disease).

• Upvote 2

Also, to add to everything you said...

Just because you don't get a sunburn, that doesn't mean your skin isn't getting damaged by the sun. A tan in reality is just your skin's reflection of skin damage. This is why I've always been big on sunscreen.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

That's scary, man. I'll be sending good vibes your way this week. Fingers crossed for you.

• Upvote 1

Here's to good vibes and the best results. I hope you hear good news on Wednesday.

• Upvote 1

If you want we can smoke cigarettes and fuck under some power lines after your successful surgery.

Just messing with ya man, you'll be great.

• Upvote 1

Seems like you've been given a positive prognosis. I'm sure you're going to be just fine. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Wow scary stuff man. How did you know/find it? Best of luck. Any idea from the doctors on what caused it... sun/hereditary?

I just got back from the beach and I was pretty liberal with the sunscreen but my pasty ass still got burnt pretty bad. I honestly worry about this stuff every time.

I hope everything turns out ok for you, it's terrible this happened to you so young.

• Upvote 1

Best wishes. That's crazy how getting out in the sun and catching some vitamin D can be so good for you and is a recommended supplement for good physical and mental health, yet can be killing you at the same time. I've been probably not helping my own case lately, as whenever we get a Sunny month up here in Seattle like we've had its really hard not to want to just soak every last ray up as we often go 5 months without getting such weather up here.

All the best Socal, shit to hear what's happened but power through and all shall be good.

• Upvote 1

Go forth and kick cancer's ass man. You got this shit dude.

• Upvote 1

That's some heavy shit man. I hope all goes well with your surgery.

I've heard something along the lines that if you've been sunburned to where you skin peels about twice, your chances of getting skin cancer raises at an alarming rate. It's definitely not something to be taken lightly.

• Upvote 1

I can't say I know what it feels like to be you right now.. What it's like to be going through what you are, have, or will... What I do know, however, is that you must never lose hope. The second you begin feeling down or like you have no shot is the second you let the disease beat you.

Believe, no matter how hard it might be. I'd wish you good luck, but I don't think you need it. Stay well and of right mind, my friend. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Best of luck. Punch cancer in the dick. :yep:

• Upvote 1

Jesus Christ.

Throat punch this bullshit cancer, Taylor.

You are a strong person, you'll get through this man.

• Upvote 1

Cancer never stood a chance.

• Upvote 1

I didn't know this was going on man. I don't usually know what to say in these situations, but I'm rooting for you. You got this shit man.

Best wishes man. You'll be up and about in no time.

• Upvote 1

Thanks for all the positive vibes, guys. My surgery was successful, I was at the hospital for about 12 hours yesterday, the last patient to leave the post-op room. My surgery got delayed an hour because the anesthesiologist was off schedule (it wasn't his fault). The surgery then took about an hour longer because they needed to remove two lymph nodes underneath my right pec, they were really deep and because I'm pretty muscular the surgeon had difficulty getting them out quickly. Im recovering at the hotel right now, I'm in some pain but i have pills for it, the issue is that i have shooting nerve pain down my right arm, it feels like an ice burn. Ill find out the results tomorrow afternoon so I will update everyone then.

Hope it's all good dude.

My dad has been in remission for Lung C for about 10 years and is 79.

Hang in there.

• Upvote 1

Just got the call from my oncologist a half hour ago, the tests on my lymph nodes they removed came back negative, I am cancer free.

Thanks for the support guys.

Praise the Lord! Great news!

• Upvote 1