Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Rand Paul Puts Hilary Clinton on Blast

Sen. Rand Paul (R-KY) criticized former Secretary of State Hillary Clinton for complaining that she was dead broke after they left the White House.

I mean, there is a lot of Americans struggling, if she wants to come to Eastern Kentucky to my state and talk to miners who are out of work and see the despair in their faces and talk about her personal plight as being the poor spouse of a president, she is welcome to take that message around the country, Paul explained.

Paul pointed to Hillary Clintons $8 million book deal that she signed before the pair left the White House--as well as reports of the couples net worth of over $100 million.

The sad song of her reporting her personal financial difficulties and the fact that she hasnt driven herself in a car in 17 years, it doesnt sound like shes going to connect with a lot of the Middle Class, she said.

Paul added that Clinton's failure in Benghazi was a deal killer which would doom her if she chose to run for president.

"I don't think she can win the presidency," he said.

Paul also criticized Clintons eagerness to arm the rebels in Syria--a policy that most Americans disagreed with.

I think shes going to have some surprises when she gets out of her limousine and meets the American people, he said.

Been saying the bolded for months now. Just can't see her having any shot at all. If she is the main democratic candidate for the presidency, Republicans are going to crush her. Pretty much any of them, IMO.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Speaking of Republicans, is Chris Christie still a strong candidate? I don't really see either party having very strong candidates. I feel like this will be a weak election, which is a very bad thing. :shrug:

Guest Phailadelphia

Didn't Rand Paul endorse Mitt Romney in 2012?

Edited by Phailadelphia
  • Upvote 1

Not to mention Rand Paul isn't exactly some average Joe who pulled himself up by his bootstraps.

• Upvote 1

Can I be president?

Not to mention Rand Paul isn't exactly some average Joe who pulled himself up by his bootstraps.

Rand Paul wasnt the one who was whining about being broke, either.

• Upvote 1

Can I be president?

I wish. Obama is awful and our next president will most assuredly be awful as well.

Rand Paul is NOT his dad. I didn't agree with everything Ron Paul said, but the refreshing thing about him was that he was never willing to play Washington's political games. His integrity was undeniable. It meant he had no shot at ever winning the presidency but that's ok. He opened up some eyes. I really wish he'd have ran as a libertarian or an independent because he was never given a shot by the GOP anyway and it was obvious they were terrified of him.

I think if Rand Paul is the presidential elect for the GOP then he's going to be terrible. You might have thought that a community organizer from Chicago would care about poor people lol....so much for that. I actually thought John McCain was a good politician and then he must have sold his soul to the devil or something in 2008 because he just wasn't the same guy.

All I have to say to Rand Paul fans is beware of the wolf in she eps clothing. A lot of people loved Chris Christie and now look. I always knew he was a snake. He's at the whole kissing babies routine.

Rand Paul wasnt the one who was whining about being broke, either.

Ya... Like.. what? If Rand was crying about being broke and trying to relate to Americans by saying that. Absolutely call him out on his BS. But, he hasn't said anything of the like.

I wish. Obama is awful and our next president will most assuredly be awful as well.

Rand Paul is NOT his dad. I didn't agree with everything Ron Paul said, but the refreshing thing about him was that he was never willing to play Washington's political games. His integrity was undeniable. It meant he had no shot at ever winning the presidency but that's ok. He opened up some eyes. I really wish he'd have ran as a libertarian or an independent because he was never given a shot by the GOP anyway and it was obvious they were terrified of him.

I think if Rand Paul is the presidential elect for the GOP then he's going to be terrible. You might have thought that a community organizer from Chicago would care about poor people lol....so much for that. I actually thought John McCain was a good politician and then he must have sold his soul to the devil or something in 2008 because he just wasn't the same guy.

All I have to say to Rand Paul fans is beware of the wolf in she eps clothing. A lot of people loved Chris Christie and now look. I always knew he was a snake. He's at the whole kissing babies routine.

That was definitely refreshing about Ron, and a reason I was so allured by him and his politics. But in the words of you, Phail and others.. He was seen as 'insane' or 'crazy'. As you mentioned, he was completely unelectable for the Presidency. Which again, was OK for what he was doing. But you can only sit back and concede defeat so long... Somebody had to take the eyes opened by Ron Paul and run with it.

I never agreed 100% with Ron.. I definitely don't with Rand... But if you see a better option, I would love to hear it. Also, I know Vin has the same reservations you do about the "sheep in wolves clothing", but I would really like to hear why that is, in your opinion. I think his opinion boiled down to just ' a bad feeling ' . Kinda disappointing, but I hope you have more. :p

Beyond him playing the political game of America and having a solid shot at actually being elected -- that is.

Edited by Favre4Ever

This coming president voting is going to be a shit show again. We are fucked no matter what.

• Upvote 1

The Dems are putting up Hillary, unless someone comes out of the woodwork... which means the Republicans almost can't lose.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

What is it exactly that makes Hillary so unelectable?

I think the list would be a lot shorter if we came up with reasons that people would actually vote for her..

Benghazi will fold her like a tent. Hilary was supposed to be the obvious pick for the Dems back in 08 but got CRUSHED by Obama -- a major upset in it's own right. I don't really recall anything overly awesome she did for New York... The interview with Kathleen Willey on Fox (I know, I know) is not going to help. You can talk about the authenticity or value Ms. Willey or her opinion hold.. But I guarantee you those soundbites come back and used against HIllary, which is what matters here. Not my personal opinion or yours on Fox or Kathleen Willey... "Hillary IS the War on Women", and that it was Hillary who led the charge on a vast majority of cover ups. Not to mention her long and substantial history with shady and low standing characters both connected to herself and her husband most of her life.

She doesn't speak all that well.. I wouldn't say terrible.. but she doesn't move a crowd to act, she doesn't incite the other side to vote for her like Obama can. She will most likely get crushed in debates. Again, probably not the worst, but far from the best.

And while it may be petty, her image and "look" does not project well. She isn't young, or "hip", or fresh looking. The support she does get will be through her husband, through a small devout group of women who don't know any better (I still contest when the real numbers come out as we get closer, she won't win women like she should), and the sympathy vote for having to deal with Bill's sexual adventures -- which is hopefully beginning to fizzle.

If she were to somehow pull it off, I would be shocked and immediately begin scouring the internet for any feasible conspiracy theory (such as morphing lizards ruling the Earth while living at it's core) to explain her victory -- because it simply is not possible.

Edited by Favre4Ever

Hillary should be crushed easily, but who exactly are the republicans putting up thats so inspiring?

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

The only people who think Benghazi is a thing wouldn't vote for Hillary anyway. Kind of a moot point.

• Downvote 1

You don't think Benghazi is a thing? Wut?

"What does it matter now?" Are you serious? That was one of the worst political gaffes in recent memory. That is so easily implied to mean "Americans died, but what does it matter now? Let's just move on, we don't need to assign blame." Like wtf.

How can you NOT think it was a scandal?

Edited by Thanatos19

Guest Phailadelphia

I'm talking about the conspiracy surrounding Benghazi, which is a terribly stupid one. Not the event itself.

What conspiracy? The one where the administration utterly failed its duty and cost American lives?

Hillary actually said, "What does it matter now?" in response to questioning about the incident. Just godawful.

Edited by Thanatos19
  • Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

The conspiracy where the Obama admin is supposedly trying to cover up something. It's become so murky I don't even understand it anymore.

HW Bush was Reagan's VP when Iran-Contra was exposed and he won the Presidency by a landslide but y'all think an incomparably smaller scandal is going to un-do Hillary? Okay.

I don't think there was a conspiracy but it was a huge showing of incompetence by the administration.

• Upvote 1

Guest Phailadelphia

I don't think there was a conspiracy but it was a huge showing of incompetence by the administration.

I don't disagree with that in the slightest.

The whole Benghazi thing is messed up. The details are all interpretive. How it will be remembered is the aftermath, and Hillary fucked that up being belief. I still have a hard time wrapping my mind around that.

Edited by Ngata_Chance

The conspiracy where the Obama admin is supposedly trying to cover up something. It's become so murky I don't even understand it anymore.

HW Bush was Reagan's VP when Iran-Contra was exposed and he won the Presidency by a landslide but y'all think an incomparably smaller scandal is going to un-do Hillary? Okay.

This comparison is dumb as shit, come on Phail.

A) Bush was Reagan's VP, not his wife.

B) Bush ran immediately following Reagan's term, he didn't wait eight years because someone else beat him out for the Republican ticket and then try to run.

C) Everyone felt awesome about anything connected to Reagan because the Cold War had just been won.

It's not just Benghazi, it's also shit like, "Bill and I were broke." Uh huh. Completely out of touch with America. If the Republicans let Hillary win, I'm going to frankly be shocked. They'd have to put up Sarah Palin to lose to Hillary.

Guest Phailadelphia

I don't think Hillary is any lesser of a candidate than any of the garbage coming out of the GOP field, and this is coming from someone who is on the fence about voting for Hillary. Lots of "wow I can't believe she did x, y, and z" but any possible GOP opponents are equally as terrible. My point was and still is that she's not an unelectable candidate. She polls well (even against top GOP picks like Rand Paul & Chris Christie) and America is still in love with Bill Clinton, who we'd probably receive a large dosage of should she decide to run.

Edit: And thinking about it, I think the GOP continues to have a serious can't-attract-minority/young-voters issue, which might loom larger than any "x candidate vs y candidate" debate.

Edited by Phailadelphia

Ok, forget Benghazi, how about the fact that she's part of an administration that's killing innocent people in the thousands. Including American citizens and obviously she supports this sooooooo...

That's true Sean, but Benghazi will be used as the talking point. That stuff won't get brought up, it rarely does -- unless something is said with broad strokes about the drone program.

I have no idea what Phail is referring to about the 'conspiracy theory' surrounding Benghazi... I am referring completely to everything that we know and has been reported by actual "legit" news sources. Thanatos has mostly covered anything I wanted to say on the topic... but to say it isn't a thing, or that the only people who care won't be voting for her anyway? Ehhhhh. Lmao. That seems a bit ignorant to me.

Just listening to her TRY to answer questions about it infuriates me. Hell, it infuriated her... ha. She had no idea who to respond or how to respond properly.

While I definitely agree with mostly everyone here that the Republicans don't have the strongest field... I am fairly confident the eventual winner will still crush her (barring some crazy last minute scandal, or whatever).

Her best bet would probably to see Jeb Bush, but even then... What is her campaign going to do...? Try to destroy his chances because of his brother and father being President and pretend like her husband in the same office? lol

"Less Bush in DC"

" 3

Ya... Good luck with that.

Edited by Favre4Ever