Sign in to follow this  
Favre4Ever

Rand Paul Puts Hilary Clinton on Blast

I hope they do. It's just that this idea that the right way to do it is to have the states decide for themselves is wrong. The federal government should force it on the remaining states. The fact that they haven't is shitty, but we shall see what happens in June.

The Republicans will find a way to fuck it up at the last minute. Hillary Clinton will be elected president in 2016, and maybe then, the real Republicans will get serious about flushing the "Dixiecrats" out of the party once and for all, before the party becomes permanently irrelevant.

When the Democrats became more socially liberal in the 1960s, the Dixiecrats went running for cover, and the Republicans stupidly let them in (the "Southern Strategy"). Over the next 20 years, the Dixiecrats alienated the real Republicans, and chased many them out of the party altogether.

The Republican Party as it was created ceased to exist by the 1990s, ever since a bunch of Dixiecrats were elected to Congress in the 1994 mid-term elections. The Dixiecrats were the ones who were supposed to be marginalized politically, but instead it was the original Republicans who ended up marginalized.

Show me a business-savvy Democrat, and I'll show you somebody who would have been a Republican more than 20 years ago. Show me virtually any Republican with clout today, and I'll show you somebody who would have been a Democrat more than 20 years ago.

Edited by DBR96A

I've actually decided that I want to vote for whoever the libertarian is. Not because I particularly love their plan, but I want to get them to five percent of the vote so they can get the same federal subsidies the other two parties get and we really need a third party.

• Upvote 2

I've actually decided that I want to vote for whoever the libertarian is. Not because I particularly love their plan, but I want to get them to five percent of the vote so they can get the same federal subsidies the other two parties get and we really need a third party.

The system is too broken to ever allow a third party. The way the votes go will have to be fundamentally changed to ever allow a true three+ party system.

Possibly, but maybe a stronger libertarian showing would convince the republicans to stop being awful.

They can't. They have a old base that is married to old issues. If they go more center with their positions, they will lose the base who will just sit at home and the Dems will steamroll them.

All we need to fix the horrible two party system is a new ONE PARTY system. And that one party is Libertarian. They just line up with my beliefs nearly perfectly.. Ha. Who needs competition anyway. :smug:

NOTE: Being sarcastic about a one party system actually being a solution/

One party is fine, so long as everyone is invited.

oh... political party. Bah who needs political parties, when we can just have a dictatorship. Those never end poorly.

I prefer a Bush monarchy.

• Upvote 1

They can't. They have a old base that is married to old issues. If they go more center with their positions, they will lose the base who will just sit at home and the Dems will steamroll them.

And that's the Republicans' problem in a nutshell: Whichever candidate wins the primary is going to lose the general election, and any candidate who'd be competitive in the general election won't win the primary.

• Upvote 2

One party is fine, so long as everyone is invited.

oh... political party. Bah who needs political parties, when we can just have a dictatorship. Those never end poorly.

Immortal benevolent dictator is where's it at, that way you don't have death and terrible successors get in the way.

And that's the Republicans' problem in a nutshell: Whichever candidate wins the primary is going to lose the general election, and any candidate who'd be competitive in the general election won't win the primary.

Agreed 100%. The Republicans are a dead man walking at this point. It's going to take awhile and it probably means the Dems will have much of the power for the next 25+ years, but after that we'll have a centrist party take over... and the same shit will happen all over again.

If the voting system isn't fundamentally changed, the system will never truly work.

Chris Christie will be our next president.

Lol, no chance in hell.

I still like the Republicans chances. Even though none of the prospective candidates are sterling choices, I don't think Hillary inspires much confidence either. And history favors Republicans as well. A Democratic candidate has only been elected after a sitting Democratic President won back-to-back elections twice in history. Once was in 1836 and the other was FDR when he succeeded himself and became dictator of the united states.

And regardless of party, in 7 of the last 9 elections.. If a party has controlled the white house two terms, the public has decided to switch parties and vote in the other.

Not saying Hillary or another Democratic can't win.. But I think it's going to take a lot.

I'm not saying the Republicans can't win this election. I'm saying regardless of what happens they are doomed. They are caught between a rock and a hard place. They can't appease their base too much or they won't win the general election. They can't go moderate because they won't win the primary.

Guest Phailadelphia

I'm not saying the Republicans can't win this election. I'm saying regardless of what happens they are doomed. They are caught between a rock and a hard place. They can't appease their base too much or they won't win the general election. They can't go moderate because they won't win the primary.

I love it. They've created a monster they can't control anymore, and now it's ruining their chances of winning the Presidency.

Traditional values and the conservative way of life are going by the wayside. If even 50% of the people who don't agree with the Republican way of running shop actually voted, there wouldn't even be a race. I should know, I haven't voted since the second G.W. term, and I'm sure there are a ton of people with a similar mindset who are just done with this electoral process and are convinced that it really doesn't matter who wins the presidential election. It's sad, in a way, but not something that's going to change until a lot of people die off. And even then, idk.